British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Dalglish on channel 7 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/dalglish-channel-7-a-407710/)

BigDavyG Nov 12th 2006 8:09 pm

Dalglish on channel 7

Not kenny, but his son paul, playing in the MLS final for houston.
Might watch is, but given that the MLS is generally pish I prob won't.
Interestingly the opposition (new england) are managed by former liverpool fat man stevie nichol.

elfman Nov 12th 2006 8:40 pm

Re: Dalglish on channel 7

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Not kenny, but his son paul, playing in the MLS final for houston.
Might watch is, but given that the MLS is generally pish I prob won't.
Interestingly the opposition (new england) are managed by former liverpool fat man stevie nichol.

Those of you who are bothering to watch may have spotted that rarest of things - a Bruce Arena smile. I had previously thought he might have had the necessary facial muscles surgically removed.

And has anybody else noticed that's Paul Mariner sat next to Steve Nicol on the Revolution bench?

BigDavyG Nov 12th 2006 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by elfman
Those of you who are bothering to watch may have spotted that rarest of things - a Bruce Arena smile. I had previously thought he might have had the necessary facial muscles surgically removed.

And has anybody else noticed that's Paul Mariner sat next to Steve Nicol on the Revolution bench?

Just flicked over there but its half time.
Talking about getting beckham over here and expanding the league to 16 teams in 3 years with another team in NY.
I've seen pics from a Red Bulls game and there was about 5 people at it - would another team really work ??
Have to say the new Fire stadium in Chicago is pretty nice but its in the back of beyond which can hardly help attendances.

elfman Nov 12th 2006 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Just flicked over there but its half time.
Talking about getting beckham over here and expanding the league to 16 teams in 3 years with another team in NY.
I've seen pics from a Red Bulls game and there was about 5 people at it - would another team really work ??
Have to say the new Fire stadium in Chicago is pretty nice but its in the back of beyond which can hardly help attendances.

The Red Bulls are suffering from something of a backlash at the moment - a lot of fans boycotted the team when Red Bull took over and changed the name etc without consulting the fans. I hadn't heard that they wanted to put a second team in NY - the next expansion team is going to be in Toronto, and I had heard that places like Seattle, Cleveland, Philadelphia and Atlanta were in the running for the next places.

BigDavyG Nov 12th 2006 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by elfman
The Red Bulls are suffering from something of a backlash at the moment - a lot of fans boycotted the team when Red Bull took over and changed the name etc without consulting the fans. I hadn't heard that they wanted to put a second team in NY - the next expansion team is going to be in Toronto, and I had heard that places like Seattle, Cleveland, Philadelphia and Atlanta were in the running for the next places.

It was a specific question for the MLS dude and he seemed quite keen on the idea of NY.
However he also stated that they would be looking for more downtown stadium locations (apparently that will be the case in toronto) which would kind of rule out NY in that respect I suppose, unless they want to play in Central Park with jumpers for goalposts.
Seattle would seem to be a good location.

Bob Nov 12th 2006 9:05 pm

so people do watch the mls then eh? :D

BigDavyG Nov 12th 2006 10:25 pm

Ohh - penalty shootout