Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Current Travel Situation UK to USA?

Current Travel Situation UK to USA?

Old Sep 25th 2021, 12:34 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Current Travel Situation UK to USA?

Originally Posted by destone
You’ll be fine as I suspect that everyone on the NYC-IAD flight will be masked up as no one wants to pay a fine and get a lifetime ban from the airline.

There’s no vaccination requirement to enter the UK. And so I don’t believe that everyone will be vaccinated on the IAD-LHR leg. If you are flying British Airways, BA will not levy a fine or ban you if you refuse to wear your mask.
This is OGS, not the City! Folks flying from OGS will be unreconstructed Trumpy types, off to DC to overthrow the US government or whatever. So it’s anybody’s guess.. !

I’m flying United to England, since it’s United OGS to IAD.

Entering the UK, are unvaccinated people still required to isolate, then do the day 8 test? Or are they treated exactly like vaccinated people? When I signed up for my Randox test, I noticed you had to choose vaccinated or unvaccinated when ordering…
Old Sep 25th 2021, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Philk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
This is OGS, not the City! Folks flying from OGS will be unreconstructed Trumpy types, off to DC to overthrow the US government or whatever. So it’s anybody’s guess.. !

I’m flying United to England, since it’s United OGS to IAD.

Entering the UK, are unvaccinated people still required to isolate, then do the day 8 test? Or are they treated exactly like vaccinated people? When I signed up for my Randox test, I noticed you had to choose vaccinated or unvaccinated when ordering…
Unvaccinated still have to isolate - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-ambe...land#new-rules
Old Sep 27th 2021, 10:42 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Heading back to the UK tomorrow, SCE-IAD-LHR, I have submitted all my documents so I am almost checked in, but the passenger locator form has to be presented at the airport tomorrow afternoon, I wonder if they will know what to do with it?. Rental car prices seem to have dipped again and I am grateful that I will start with a full tank of fuel so I don't have to deal with queues at petrol stations right away. Then heading west to Pembrokeshire to spend time with my mother who was in a car accident 10 days ago and is now in hospital with a broken sternum - OUCH! I promise to put pictures of places, food and drink in the relevant thread in The Lounge. My day2 covid test is due to be delivered to mum's house tomorrow so I can be good and stick it up my nose!

I'm booked to fly back on October 15th but that now rather depends on how things go with my mum.

The house, garden and cat are being left in the tender care of steveq
Old Sep 27th 2021, 10:52 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizzyq
Heading back to the UK tomorrow, SCE-IAD-LHR, I have submitted all my documents so I am almost checked in, but the passenger locator form has to be presented at the airport tomorrow afternoon, I wonder if they will know what to do with it?. Rental car prices seem to have dipped again and I am grateful that I will start with a full tank of fuel so I don't have to deal with queues at petrol stations right away. Then heading west to Pembrokeshire to spend time with my mother who was in a car accident 10 days ago and is now in hospital with a broken sternum - OUCH! I promise to put pictures of places, food and drink in the relevant thread in The Lounge. My day2 covid test is due to be delivered to mum's house tomorrow so I can be good and stick it up my nose!

I'm booked to fly back on October 15th but that now rather depends on how things go with my mum.

The house, garden and cat are being left in the tender care of steveq

Have a great trip.

At O'Hare, the check in person seemed to know what to do with the passenger locator form. She looked at it and got a number off it that I think she entered into the system. Nobody ever asked for it again.

Best wishes for your mother.
Old Sep 27th 2021, 10:57 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Have a great trip.

At O'Hare, the check in person seemed to know what to do with the passenger locator form. She looked at it and got a number off it that I think she entered into the system. Nobody ever asked for it again.

Our check-in desk crew at State College are usually pretty good as they deal with a lot of people taking a short flight to a major hub before heading overseas, but I will find out tomorrow. Thanks for thinking of my mum, I shall feel relieved once I have actually seen her, but hospital visiting involves yet another set of paperwork at the moment too.
Old Sep 27th 2021, 11:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Our check-in desk crew at State College are usually pretty good as they deal with a lot of people taking a short flight to a major hub before heading overseas, but I will find out tomorrow. Thanks for thinking of my mum, I shall feel relieved once I have actually seen her, but hospital visiting involves yet another set of paperwork at the moment too.
OUCH indeed. I hope your mum isn’t in too much pain. I am sure seeing you will help brighten her time in hospital. Please let us know how she is.
Old Sep 27th 2021, 11:02 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

It all sounds like a major faff what with the covid testing and everything, but really it's not that bad. It's just like having some extra tasks at work.

She'll be all the better for seeing you, too.
Old Sep 27th 2021, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

Mercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond repute

Have a great trip.

Exact same for me two weeks ago at Boston, checkin person asked for the form, read a number from it that was all. This was with United and I was connecting via DC (there is no Boston direct to London with Untied), so even staff at non direct airports were very familiar with the process.
Old Sep 27th 2021, 11:25 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

Originally Posted by Mercury39
Exact same for me two weeks ago at Boston, checkin person asked for the form, read a number from it that was all. This was with United and I was connecting via DC (there is no Boston direct to London with Untied), so even staff at non direct airports were very familiar with the process.
Thanks for that, yes I'm sure they have been trained in what to do, I'll just be glad once I get on the transatlantic flight and it gets going.
Old Sep 27th 2021, 11:59 pm

Thanks for that, yes I'm sure they have been trained in what to do, I'll just be glad once I get on the transatlantic flight and it gets going.

Thankfully, they are still selling booze on board.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 12:38 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Thankfully, they are still selling booze on board.
Selling? Isn’t it free?
Old Sep 28th 2021, 12:49 am

Selling? Isn’t it free?
Not on Aer Lingus in sardine class, where I fly.

Old Sep 28th 2021, 1:12 am
Turning into a PA gal!

Selling? Isn’t it free?
Looking at the seat plan on United earlier today I'm hoping to be moved forward enough to get a comfier seat and more legroom, possibly free booze too.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 1:16 am

Looking at the seat plan on United earlier today I'm hoping to be moved forward enough to get a comfier seat and more legroom, possibly free booze too.
On Aer Lingus, being a budget airline, I would expect to have to pay for the booze. United will probably give it out. I do like those exit row seats with more legroom but my recent flights were so empty that I had all sorts of room in the normal seats since there was nobody around me.

Hope you get bumped up.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 1:44 am
Heading for Poppyland

For twenty five years, I’ve flown to London from Ottawa, Air Canada. Free booze and lashings of it. The cabin crew are pretty much on the continuum, from your favourite aunt to Attila the Hun, and everything in between. But I always felt at home there. In current conditions, flying from Canada isn’t an option .. so I’ve been forced reluctantly into this IAD - LHR on United thing. I never normally fly on US airlines (except Cape Air, Cessna 403s) so it’ll be all new for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.