Crisps

Old Aug 13th 2010, 9:51 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crisps

Originally Posted by meauxna
PM the recipe, wouldja? Sounds like it could be a good party food too.
Speaking of, it's getting time for picnic potluck parties.. I think I've got 3 to get ready for, so must go browse the recipe thread.
<burp>
It was awesome, but not very good cold, so a great party nibble food me thinks and only minutes to put together. Probably best to make in small batches if it's just for one or two people.

Oh and when the popcorn starts to pop, shake the pot vigorously, more so than usual because the popcorn can burn a lot quicker than usual because of the bacon fat....but it is worth the extra exercise
Old Aug 14th 2010, 12:19 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
It was awesome, but not very good cold, so a great party nibble food me thinks and only minutes to put together. Probably best to make in small batches if it's just for one or two people.

Oh and when the popcorn starts to pop, shake the pot vigorously, more so than usual because the popcorn can burn a lot quicker than usual because of the bacon fat....but it is worth the extra exercise
Excellent.. I've got my people on it already!
Old Aug 14th 2010, 12:31 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent.. I've got my people on it already!
People as in person...aka OH.
Old Aug 14th 2010, 12:34 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
People as in person...aka OH.
No, no, I have a new cook-in-crime... my neighbor fella likes to make interesting things and is very excited about bacon popcorn.

Got to cover my bases you know. The OH could get hit by a bus or ANYthing and then where would I be!? Starving!
Old Aug 14th 2010, 12:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

No, no, I have a new cook-in-crime... my neighbor fella likes to make interesting things and is very excited about bacon popcorn.

Got to cover my bases you know. The OH could get hit by a bus or ANYthing and then where would I be!? Starving!
I like the way your mind works...always gotta have a back up plan.
Old Aug 14th 2010, 12:51 am

I like the way your mind works...always gotta have a back up plan.
(He's younger, too! )
Old Aug 14th 2010, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

On the "Saturday Kitchen" program on BBC1-TV this morning 14/08/10 one of the chefs mentioned the manufacture of potato crisps here in the UK (I think they have another word for them in the USA other than crisps, I'm not sure) - I mean the familiar kind we have here or various flavours and kinds.

He said that the manufacturing company he referred to, but not by name, actually photographs every single crisp as they all pass along this assembly line and the technology used makes it possible to extract every one that has any kind of flaw, such as an air bubble or is mis-shapen in any way, or whatever the problem may be.
Old Aug 14th 2010, 5:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
On the "Saturday Kitchen" program on BBC1-TV this morning 14/08/10 one of the chefs mentioned the manufacture of potato crisps here in the UK (I think they have another word for them in the USA other than crisps, I'm not sure) - I mean the familiar kind we have here or various flavours and kinds.

He said that the manufacturing company he referred to, but not by name, actually photographs every single crisp as they all pass along this assembly line and the technology used makes it possible to extract every one that has any kind of flaw, such as an air bubble or is mis-shapen in any way, or whatever the problem may be.
Crisps are known as chips in the US. I remember my first visit here...I ordered a chicken sandwich and chips...I complained that I'd been served with crisps and not chips.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

ldobson will become famous soon enough

Tried every type of crisp I could in the past ten years of living here. So last month brought home 3 multi packs of wheat crunchies, and 3 multi packs of Monster Munch and 2 multi packs of Mccoys.. problem solved for a few weeks
Old Aug 16th 2010, 7:18 pm
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

I can from time to time buy Walkers smoky bacon here in Charlotte, they don't have any right now but they do have the roast chicken crisps.

Though I could kill for some Frazzles.

Last edited by fsm; Aug 16th 2010 at 7:19 pm. Reason: Typo
Old Aug 17th 2010, 3:56 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

My favorite were always Bradford's own Seabrook crisps -- the Smokey Bacon, Cheese and Onion, and Prawn Cocktail. My sister always stocks up before I visit. And they have a cute Web site to make you really hungry:

http://www.seabrookcrisps.com/
Old Aug 17th 2010, 4:04 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Of course, back in the day, you could get a canny bag of Tudor...
Old Aug 19th 2010, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

choppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to all

I was in Stop N Shop yesterday and noticed that Herr's have a new flavour called Kansas City Prime Steak. I bought them and they taste very similar to McCoy's Flame Grilled Steak. However, I found them to be very salty.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 3:00 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

Crisps are known as chips in the US. I remember my first visit here...I ordered a chicken sandwich and chips...I complained that I'd been served with crisps and not chips.
I had a client who asked me what was the deal with pie and chips after seeing the Geico ad! had to explain it wasnt apple pie and lays chips
Old Aug 20th 2010, 3:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.