Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

is crime in florida, really that bad?

is crime in florida, really that bad?

Old Sep 5th 2010, 4:41 pm
Banned

igotheesta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: is crime in florida, really that bad?

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
What? Don't be ridiculous. Participation in the VWP has almost nothing to do with resultant behavior in the US... it has to do with general immigration patterns from the originating country.

Ian
Thank you Ian! That is exactly what I said I am disputing the claim being made by Dan to whom I responded to saying it is the tourists who are rampaging through Orlando causing all the arrests. It is the people living over there who are too stupid to realise what they have got and maybe a few english illegals getting caught down there maybe?. And besides am sure more Brit tourists visit Vegas and New York than the "club med" of Orlando. If the mainstay of trouble the consul is talking about was in New York or Vegas you could blame it on the drunken tourists and than maybe our participation in the Visa Waiver would probably be looked at more closely.

And Ray no I don't and nor would I wish to you couldn't pay to take on one of those E2's. People on E2's must be really desperate.

Last edited by igotheesta; Sep 5th 2010 at 4:48 pm.
Old Sep 5th 2010, 4:50 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by igotheesta
Thank you Ian! That is exactly what I said I am disputing the claim being made by Dan to whom I responded to saying it is the tourists who are rampaging through Orlando causing all the arrests. It is the people living over there who are too stupid to realise what they have got and maybe a few english illegals getting caught down there maybe?. And besides am sure more Brit tourists visit Vegas and New York than the "club med" of Orlando. If the mainstay of trouble the consul is talking about was in New York or Vegas you could blame it on the drunken tourists and than maybe our participation in the Visa Waiver would probably be looked at more closely
Dan actually lives in Florida .. and for your info ...Florida residents rarely visit Whorelando because of the shit hole is is ...

and the plebs of brit society who infest the place for 2 weeks every year
Old Sep 5th 2010, 4:59 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Ray
Dan actually lives in Florida .. and for your info ...Florida residents rarely visit Whorelando because of the shit hole is is ...

and the plebs of brit society who infest the place for 2 weeks every year
I know I have read the news machine gun killers and all kinds in Orlando yet a British tourist hasn't been killed in Orlando for a long time they had a couple in the 90's but I haven't heard of tourist murders or robberies of tourist coaches for years. And according to Foregin Office website only 1300 brits arrested in financial year 2009-10 throughout the entire country. Hardly the mayhem he is painting it out to be

Last edited by igotheesta; Sep 5th 2010 at 6:02 pm.
Old Sep 5th 2010, 8:53 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

I know I have read the news machine gun killers and all kinds in Orlando yet a British tourist hasn't been killed in Orlando for a long time they had a couple in the 90's but I haven't heard of tourist murders or robberies of tourist coaches for years.
That's 'cos they're the ones doin' the killin'...
Old Sep 5th 2010, 9:36 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by chartreuse
That's 'cos they're the ones doin' the killin'...

If that was the case we would not be on the Visa Waiver Program I don't think they would take an American Gary Newlove, some American father of 3 beaten to death outside his apartment by a group of drunken English tourists from the hostel across the street in Orlando for asking them to keep the noise down. That would a create a major problem for us. A lot of things going on at home would be looked at more closely by Homeland Security.

CPB Orlando musn't think there is a problem or they would crack down harder on the Enlgish visitors right? I appreciate what Dan is saying but I think he is over doing it a bit though. I don't think he can convince anyone that Orlando on a saturday night like any english high st on a saturday full of boozed up yobs vomitting all over the place and kicking people's heads in you won't convince anyone of that. The Orlando PD might ask CPB or Homeland Security if it was a major problem.
Old Sep 5th 2010, 9:50 pm

If that was the case we would not be on the Visa Waiver Program I don't think they would take an American Gary Newlove, some American father of 3 beaten to death outside his apartment by a group of drunken English tourists from the hostel across the street in Orlando for asking them to keep the noise down. That would a create a major problem for us. A lot of things going on at home would be looked at more closely by Homeland Security.

CPB Orlando musn't think there is a problem or they would crack down harder on the Enlgish visitors right? I appreciate what Dan is saying but I think he is over doing it a bit though. I don't think he can convince anyone that Orlando on a saturday night like any english high st on a saturday full of boozed up yobs vomitting all over the place and kicking people's heads in you won't convince anyone of that. The Orlando PD might ask CPB or Homeland Security if it was a major problem.
Joking apart, you really don't grasp the distinction between local, state and federal over here, do you?

Dan knows what he's talking about.
Old Sep 5th 2010, 10:45 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

If that was the case we would not be on the Visa Waiver Program
You just don't seem to get it. Even if some Brit killed a dozen people in Florida in cold blood - yes, even women and children - that would NOT be a factor in whether or not the UK continues to participate in the VWP. I don't understand why you think bad behavior has any bearing on whether or not the UK remains a VWP country!

I am not agreeing with you... I'm saying your belief is idiotic.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Sep 6th 2010 at 12:03 am.
Old Sep 5th 2010, 11:12 pm
Banned

Joking apart, you really don't grasp the distinction between local, state and federal over here, do you?

Dan knows what he's talking about.
Orlando PD operates in local authority enforcing the laws of the state of florida in the limits of the city of Orlando and CPB is a federal agency operating throughout the country under one nationwide guildline of operation and no authority to operate a local crackdown on a certian group of people. Yes Dan knows what he is talking about but Dan can spot an english Chav yob a mile off though he know what he is seeing when he sees it. The Americans just see tourists. I bet Dan moved over to get away from England didn't he?
Old Sep 5th 2010, 11:29 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Orlando PD operates in local authority enforcing the laws of the state of florida in the limits of the city of Orlando and CPB is a federal agency operating throughout the country under one nationwide guildline of operation and no authority to operate a local crackdown on a certian group of people. Yes Dan knows what he is talking about but Dan can spot an english Chav yob a mile off though he know what he is seeing when he sees it. The Americans just see tourists. I bet Dan moved over to get away from England didn't he?
http://www.ocso.com/

http://www.cityoforlando.net/police/

http://www.flhsmv.gov/fhp/

And they all say there is little to no crime in Orlando
because their boss ...Mr M Mouse says so
the mighty dollar controls all
Old Sep 6th 2010, 12:38 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
<snip>
Ray, have you got my parrot???
Old Sep 6th 2010, 12:43 am
Banned

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You just don't seem to get it. Even if some Brit killed a dozen people in Florida in cold blood - yes, even women and children - that would NOT be a factor in whether or not the UK continues to participate in the VWP. I don't understand why you think bad behavior has any bearing on whether or not the UK remains a VWP country!

I am not agreeing with you... I'm saying you're belief is idiotic.

Ian
It would be a factor Ian it might start something off. Do they think it can happen now do they imagine groups english Chav's killing an American. No they don't do they. But if it did happen they might think it could happen again? They might demand access to UK police records to prevent it right?. What if the liberal influenced government refused. They would probably remove us at that point and say it is because of the extremist muslim threat in the UK but the Cameron refusal for the police records was a factor as well. Or if they did get it and discover that millions of brits have lied as is entirely possible. Then they turn round and say removed because of mass deception in the UK population the mass ineligibility in the UK population and the threat of UK extremists. They will say we have done it because of the mulsim factor mainly from either end and would have done it eventually but maybe this Chav issues and lying issues have lead us to it earlier then we might have done it. It would give the hardliners who have considered it before with the extremist issue and excuse to do it

You don't think that is at least a possibilty Ian?

Last edited by igotheesta; Sep 6th 2010 at 12:49 am.
Old Sep 6th 2010, 12:44 am

Yes Dan knows what he is talking about but Dan can spot an english Chav yob a mile off though he know what he is seeing when he sees it. The Americans just see tourists. I bet Dan moved over to get away from England didn't he?
You're not very good at taking a hint, either. Are you?

It would be a factor Ian it might start something off. Do they think it can happen now do they imagine groups english Chav's killing an American. No they don't do they. But it did happen they might think it could happen again? They might demand access to UK police records to prevent it right?. What if the liberal influenced government refused. They would probably remove us at that point and say it is because of the extremist muslim threat in the UK but the Cameron refusal for the police records was a factor as well. Or if they did get it and discover that millions of brits have lied as is entirely possible. Then they turn round and say removed because of mass deception in the UK population the mass ineligibility in the UK population and the threat of UK extremists. They will say we have done it of the mulsim factor would have done it eventually but maybe this Chav issues and lying issues have lead us to it earlier then we might have done it. You don't think that is at least a possibilty Ian?
Can't speak for Ian but, IMHO, if you're planning on addressing matters this weighty, you might want to look at your sentence construction.

Last edited by chartreuse; Sep 6th 2010 at 12:47 am.
Old Sep 6th 2010, 12:55 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Ray
http://www.ocso.com/

http://www.cityoforlando.net/police/

http://www.flhsmv.gov/fhp/

And they all say there is little to no crime in Orlando
because their boss ...Mr M Mouse says so
the mighty dollar controls all
Type in on google drink related violent crime ipswich you will see article stating 3400 incidents on weekends in Ipswich town centre in a single year all centred bars and clubs and english chavs, beating stabbings bottling attacks. Are you saying there is more in the bar heavy tourist heavy areas of Orlando on the weekends than in the medium size English town of ipswich? I imagine it is not even 10% of those figures taken off the brits not even 5%?
Old Sep 6th 2010, 1:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Can't speak for Ian but, IMHO, if you're planning on addressing matters this weighty, you might want to look at your sentence construction.
I think he works in a telegraph office.
Old Sep 6th 2010, 1:08 am
Banned

You're not very good at taking a hint, either. Are you?

1300 arrests of Brits in ALL OF THE UNITED STATES including Florida and Orlando. 300 brits max in the tourist spots and the night life spots of Orlando arrested that is saying it is 1 in 3 arrested are in Orlando. 300 a year in Orlando then? Ok 6 a week not an epidemic does 6 a week make. English towns would glad of 6 drink related arrests a week. They get full cells every weekend!

Last edited by igotheesta; Sep 6th 2010 at 1:11 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.