Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Costing of moving 3 cats from London to Florida

Costing of moving 3 cats from London to Florida

Old Oct 20th 2014, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

WriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costing of moving 3 cats from London to Florida

Many do, if you fly first class.

I'm not sure about the rules for economy class.
Old Oct 20th 2014, 9:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizzyq
You'll be taking flights via Europe then because as AFAIK no carriers will fly pets in the cabin direct from UK to USA.
Unless it's changed recently they do...and in economy. We have had members who have posted that they flew with their cat in the cabin. Perhaps you're getting confused with pets traveling in the opposite direction? Pets cannot fly into the UK in the cabin.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 20th 2014 at 9:35 am.
Old Oct 20th 2014, 9:35 am
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Unless it's changed recently they do. Perhaps you're getting confused with pets traveling in the opposite direction? Pets cannot fly into the UK in the cabin.
I've just moved my 2 cats as excess baggage to Pennsylvania, I didn't find any flights out of the UK where I could take them in the cabin - mind you I was only looking at cattle class/self-loading freight
Old Oct 20th 2014, 9:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizzyq
I've just moved my 2 cats as excess baggage to Pennsylvania, I didn't find any flights out of the UK where I could take them in the cabin - mind you I was only looking at cattle class/self-loading freight
I believe British airlines won't but some US will...or at least they used to.
Old Oct 21st 2014, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

WriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond repute

Plenty of airlines allow cats travelling from the UK to America to go into the cabin with you - Lufthansa ® United Kingdom - Transporting animals in the aircraft