Cops

Old Aug 28th 2006, 8:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cops

Originally Posted by Bob
crossed the road without using a crossroad?
I was probably drunk at the time so that would come under 'not knowingly'
Old Aug 28th 2006, 8:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
Ahh yes driving instructors!!!! Those that can....do. Those that can't....teach!!
Wrong.....those words didn't come from a driving instructor.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 8:48 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
And the worst are professional drivers such as HGV and PSV drivers who ignore speed limits and drink drive.
You y think they are the worst? I would've picked 18 to 21 year old males that are pissed up and speeding there XR3i's in city centre's up to 80 mph infornt of similarly minded morons over an experienced driver in a vehicle that is not exactly a McLaren F1 in terms of speed and is usually present on motorways with very few pedestrians.
Still, you are obviously better informed than me and I assume that more drunk drivers are HGV and PSV drivers than Stella'd up youths in hot hatchbacks and the like.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 8:53 pm
sun lover

sambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
Hubby got off speeding in nevada, he showed his then VA license to a hitler cop who so wanted to book us but he went away to run it and came back furious prob cause he couldn't book us for some reason and let us off.
Prob didn't help that he thought my hubby was snarky -

it was late at night just wanted to get home, as soon as we were pulled over hubby just wanted his ticket and get on his way again (he is so honest it's unbelievable!)

officer - do you know what speed you were doing?
OH - 85
officer (mad) - It was 81
from that moment on he really tried to intimadate us (he wanted to throw us in a cell etc, but I doubted that as he couldn't even give us a ticket) he thought my hubby was being smart being totally honest and wanting a ticket to get it over with never entered his thick head! He followed us down the road for about 5 miles!

Apparently you should never say you know what speed you were doing.

Sometimes the cops are not even sure, and if you own up to a speed that is over the limit they have to write you up.

If you say you don't know, and they are not sure, then they can't give you a ticket.

On a side note, my sister was pulled over recently for going to slow. Just got a warning.

Me thinks the cop just wanted to pull over a blonde to have a chat.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 8:59 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kate2112
Nope the worst ones are the ones who keep on justifying it long after everyone else has accepted that speed limits deal with deluded and self gratifying people. I'm sure that applies to no one here.
Lets get something straight here. I have not said that speed limits are a bad thing. I do however think that they are hopelessly out of date in rural areas and bare no relation with todays advances in vehicle technology. Most of these spped limits are still in effect from the bloody 40's and 50's FFS.
55 mph in 2006 between two towns 35 miles apart in the middle of a national park with fuck all for miles except bears and bugs is just bloody ridiculous. Sure there should be 20mph limits outside schools but how many kids killed outside schools were killed on the sidewalk? far less than were killed by running into the path of a vehicle (that could still have been doing a legal 20mph) I'll bet. But even though the deaths occur to the vast majority on the road and not the sidewalk do the school or local authority put up railing ALL THE WAY around the school at the roadside? No they don't and why not? I'd love an answer other than "Cost" to that question.

What pisses me off and the reason I have a radar/laser detector and a laser jammer is the speed traps out in the middle of nowhere at a ridiculously low speed limit that are enforced by robot emotionless state troopers purely as a revenue making machine. **** them thieving bastards.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 9:00 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sambuc
Apparently you should never say you know what speed you were doing.

Sometimes the cops are not even sure, and if you own up to a speed that is over the limit they have to write you up.

If you say you don't know, and they are not sure, then they can't give you a ticket.

On a side note, my sister was pulled over recently for going to slow. Just got a warning.

Me thinks the cop just wanted to pull over a blonde to have a chat.
oh I agree 100% but as I said you wouldn't believe my husband (it is very irritating to live with a saint!)
he said later it was obvious he was speeding so wanted it over quickly,(he said he deserved the ticket and he did) he was asked if he knew his speed and he did (so he couldn't lie, he doesn't - very annoying to me!) but that cop wouldn't believe that my hubby wasn't taking the mick with his attitude. The more honest my husband was the more steam blew out of the cops ears.
Sad that cops don't know what honesty is when they see it.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 9:28 pm
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute

Out of interest then if I were to tell a joke about, say, black people would that be ok? I mean it would be a joke - some people might be offended but it wouldnt be meant seriously.
I like jokes. Especially filthy ones.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Cops

And the worst are professional drivers such as HGV and PSV drivers who ignore speed limits and drink drive.

I'll drink to that!

Jim
(Coach Driver)
Old Aug 28th 2006, 9:52 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dan_alford
I think the main problem here is that everything is so damned car orientated. In the UK you can walk/get a bus/taxi to the town center and drink to your hearts content before getting a bus/taxi/walk back home.

Here you usually have to drive to the nearest strip mall to find a bar or restaurant.
It was the same for me in England, I lived 10 miles from the nearest town, so I would get a taxi, here I live the same distance away & I do the same thing...phone a taxi, I just don't see why others can't/choose not to. Or use a little bit of self control & have a night out without drinking.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 9:53 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kate2112
They are possibly speaking to a prospective employer who suggests they are paid 5% less than their male counterparts for the same job...just a guess.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 9:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Partystar
It was the same for me in England, I lived 10 miles from the nearest town, so I would get a taxi, here I live the same distance away & I do the same thing...phone a taxi, I just don't see why others can't/choose not to. Or use a little bit of self control & have a night out without drinking.
Always tell my daughter to get a cab if she drinks and never to get in a car with a driver who has been drinking....even one drink....get a cab.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 10:28 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Partystar
a night out without drinking???

ROFLMFAO
Old Aug 28th 2006, 10:44 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rushman
You y think they are the worst? I would've picked 18 to 21 year old males that are pissed up and speeding there XR3i's in city centre's up to 80 mph infornt of similarly minded morons over an experienced driver in a vehicle that is not exactly a McLaren F1 in terms of speed and is usually present on motorways with very few pedestrians.
Still, you are obviously better informed than me and I assume that more drunk drivers are HGV and PSV drivers than Stella'd up youths in hot hatchbacks and the like.

Dont you drive wagons anymore then? <wind up>
Old Aug 28th 2006, 10:45 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Dont you drive wagons anymore then? <wind up>

Wind up wagon...this will never catch on
Old Aug 28th 2006, 10:47 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sambuc

You're takin the piss right? No copper worth his salt will say "Ooh actually now you come to mention it im not sure what speed you were doing either...off you go then."

As I said originally it would be along the lines of "Speed in excess of..."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.