Cops

Old Aug 29th 2006, 7:42 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Cops

Originally Posted by ScousePete
I can't believe there are people on this forum defending traffic cops. They are glorified tax collectors, akin to traffic wardens. I am surprised they haven't outsourced this job by now. Real cops investigate and arrest people for rape, robbery and murder, not give out tickets for going 5mph over the limit
I love the way everyone is an expert on how the police works.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 9:12 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
I love the way everyone is an expert on how the police works.
What is the difference between God and a traffic cop?

God doesn't think he's a traffic cop.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 9:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch!

Over to you AWP.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 9:24 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Whats the difference between a someone breaking traffic laws and any other criminal? Nothing.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 9:31 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
I am the jealous type but am so glad my hubby has never given me a second to cause it! (he's the saint! not me )
he gets hubby of the year afraid I don't get the wife one!
but I could see myself like a corrie episode like vera running down the street with a frying pan!
Ah so my hubs must have lost out on the award to your hubby?! Actually, mine was wayyy down on the list of potential candidates!!!
Old Aug 29th 2006, 9:35 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dan_alford
Watching of performing?
Now that would be saying...

...watching of course, no one would wanna see me naked, especially if they had to pay for it, they'd be asking for a refund!!! :scared:
Old Aug 29th 2006, 9:36 pm
Back where I belong!

If they weren't the strippers, they must have been the hookers
My husband would never have to pay to get any, he's quite a catch.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 9:53 pm
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by rushman
The thing I can't quite grasp is that why cops wait until a drunk just happens to be driving past them instead of sitting across the roads from bars at chucking out time. That way people will be less inclined to D & D if they see cops outside the bar and it would stop them from driving even a mile down the road. prevention is better than a cure. Nope the reason they lay in wait down the road is that the offence has already been committed and subject to a financial penalty. Inshort..they do it for the money not the morals.
Not around here they don't. The nightclub I went to had cops sat outside every night, some nights there would be about 8 of them. Yet, 95% of people got in their cars & drove off. I only ever saw one other person get a cab, if a cab pulled up out front, I could bet it was mine.

One night as I was waiting for my cab, I saw a girl asleep at the wheel of her SUV a few cars down from the front entrance of the club, the engine was running. I could see a child's car seat in the back & thought I'd better inform the cop. He went over, tapped on her window...nothing, he tapped again...nothing, he tapped yet again...she lifted her head & looked around, hair all over her face. I'm not sure what he said, but she moved over to the passenger seat & the cop walked off.

I don't know what happened to her, but hopefully she sobered up & got home safely. Something tells me she probably just waited for a while, got back into the drivers seat when the cop wasn't looking & drove home.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 9:55 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Ah so my hubs must have lost out on the award to your hubby?!
no good thing about those awards there is plenty to go around if wanted
Old Aug 29th 2006, 9:56 pm
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by Bob
That's true, but they could just grab someone who gets into their car and starts the engine, same thing as waiting for them to drive...that and if there was more decent public transport, people probably wouldn't bother risk it as they do.
I hate that excuse.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 11:40 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Whats the difference between a someone breaking traffic laws and any other criminal? Nothing.
Err - perhaps the fact that many traffic offenses are not criminal acts
Old Aug 30th 2006, 12:30 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
One night as I was waiting for my cab, I saw a girl asleep at the wheel of her SUV a few cars down from the front entrance of the club, the engine was running. I could see a child's car seat in the back & thought I'd better inform the cop. He went over, tapped on her window...nothing, he tapped again...nothing, he tapped yet again...she lifted her head & looked around, hair all over her face. I'm not sure what he said, but she moved over to the passenger seat & the cop walked off.
Quite a few years ago (about 20 actually :scared: ) we were at a house party somewhere in North London - as the party wound down, most people were just crashing where they fell, but one of my mates went outside to where he'd parked his company cavalier estate on the drive. He'd put the rear seats down before the party, so all he had to do was pull on his pyjamas (seriously!!), and crawl into his sleeping bag. It was december, it was cold, and his company paid his petrol bill, so he started the engine, put the heater on full blast and went to sleep. Woken up some time later by Pc Plod knocking on the window, and was then breathalysed, standing there in his 'jamas. He was waaaay over the limit, but got off with a warning - someone later said maybe because it was parked on private property, but not sure about that. Maybe because it was pretty obvious to anyone that he had no intention of going anywhere, but they got the message across, and he never did it again.

Another mate was driving down from the west of Scotland to London, and realised he was nodding off at the wheel - it was on one of those long stretches of the M6 where there isn't a junction for miles, so he pulled into a police layby for a quick power nap. He was woken by a tap on the window, and was then 'done' - can't remember the charge, but he didn't get off with just a warning, which I reckoned was a bit harsh!
Old Aug 30th 2006, 12:31 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Err - perhaps the fact that many traffic offenses are not criminal acts
We've said it Davy...you got lucky.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 1:06 am
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sallyanne
We've said it Davy...you got lucky.

Alas and alack you still seem to be on ignore Pearls before ...well you know
Old Aug 30th 2006, 1:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

OMG Davy...its just come to me how you managed to get off getting a ticket...you gave him MY lemon choccy bar didn't you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.