Cops

Old Aug 27th 2006, 9:34 pm
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cops

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
I never thought about it like that - good thinking batman.
But, I know back home that they need hard evidence of the offense such as a gatso snap, video footage or a verifiable reading from a calibrated hairdryer.
Is a rough estimate based on a cop travelling in the opposite direction and me travelling behind another car enough to get a conviction in the US - presumably it is but as far as I know this isn't the case back home for obvious reasons ???
He would have had you both on a radar gun, it's often the white circle you see mounted behind the windshield, known you were both doing the same speed and stopped the first one he came to.
Old Aug 27th 2006, 9:35 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=PartystarI 'Ticket to ride' from the Beatles album, '1' - Superb!

I did slow down after that.[/QUOTE]

brill... love the story
Old Aug 27th 2006, 9:45 pm
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladygwennie
Turns out the cop actually felt sorry for him, so let him off.
A few weeks ago I was out in Labelle FL getting a job done on a truck chassis. The owner of the company had a new Corvette Z06 his wife had bought him for his 40th. He said the fatal words "Let's go for a spin in the 'vette".

We turned onto the lane which runs behind Labelle airfield and he hit it up to 125mph. As we slowed for a bend he looks in the mirror and a Glades County Deputy is behind us with the lights on.

I sat there twiddling my thumbs, looking up through the transparent roof, to see an odd comical expression on the Deputy's face.

"How fast were you going Mxxx" he says.
"125" says Mxxx.
"I turned off Cowboy Way just behind you but could not get the gun on you fast enough" says the Deputy.
Whereupon we were let off.

The Deputy had dated Mxxx's receptionist and was Mxxx's Attorney's son.

There are some fringe benefits to living in the boonies.
Old Aug 27th 2006, 9:58 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
brill... love the story
It was the laugh I needed to calm myself down. My heart was going nutso when the cop pulled me over, which isn't good for me.
Old Aug 27th 2006, 10:01 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Partystar
It was the laugh I needed to calm myself down. My heart was going nutso when the cop pulled me over, which isn't good for me.

tried to send you some k for your funny story but sorry gotta spread it about a bit more..
Old Aug 27th 2006, 10:10 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
tried to send you some k for your funny story but sorry gotta spread it about a bit more..
No problemo mate, you just sent me some the other day!
Old Aug 28th 2006, 3:10 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

I'll let you in on a little secret davy....you dont need hard evidence from anything to do someone for speeding. The old myth about needing a calibrated speedo etc is exactly that...a myth. I have issued tickets based on everything from a Pro-Laser to just my judgement of their speed based on my own vehicles speed... and yes going in the opposite direction too. You get very good at judging the relative speed of vehicles after a while.

The statement on the back of the (your) ticket would read something like "In my opinion as a professional driver and based upon my observations of the vehicle and my vehicle's tachometer I came to the conclusion that the offending vehicle was driving in excess of 50 mph whilst within a signed 30 mph limit. The conditions were...." etc etc etc

PS Dont ever lie to a cop when you're pulled....it could get nasty. Looks like you were lucky this time.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 3:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
I'll let you in on a little secret davy....you dont need hard evidence from anything to do someone for speeding. The old myth about needing a calibrated speedo etc is exactly that...a myth. I have issued tickets based on everything from a Pro-Laser to just my judgement of their speed based on my own vehicles speed... and yes going in the opposite direction too. You get very good at judging the relative speed of vehicles after a while.

The statement on the back of the (your) ticket would read something like "In my opinion as a professional driver and based upon my observations of the vehicle and my vehicle's tachometer I came to the conclusion that the offending vehicle was driving in excess of 50 mph whilst within a signed 30 mph limit. The conditions were...." etc etc etc

PS Dont ever lie to a cop when you're pulled....it could get nasty. Looks like you were lucky this time.
All my daughter's friends said 'You always get let off for a first offence when you're a teenager' we said this was not true. She got pulled over for speeding last year....guess who was right?
Old Aug 28th 2006, 3:32 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
All my daughter's friends said 'You always get let off for a first offence when you're a teenager' we said this was not true. She got pulled over for speeding last year....guess who was right?
LOL let off for a 1st offence? Not a chance! I pulled one lad who'd literally just passed his test that morning...I got him clocking over 45 in a 30. When I explained that he would lose his license on just 6 points being a new driver and heres his 1st 3 points he almost burst into tears. I do beleive the fear of what his mum was going to do to him may have had something to do with it.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 3:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
LOL let off for a 1st offence? Not a chance! I pulled one lad who'd literally just passed his test that morning...I got him clocking over 45 in a 30. When I explained that he would lose his license on just 6 points being a new driver and heres his 1st 3 points he almost burst into tears. I do beleive the fear of what his mum was going to do to him may have had something to do with it.

You got it in one....LOL. She cried but the cop didn't flinch. She drove almost 400 miles home, had dinner, watched TV, went to bed...everything was fine. She woke me up in the middle of the night...she couldn't sleep she was so worried about breaking the law and what we would say. Lesson learned I'd say. Now she drives on cruise and watches her speed. That cop could have saved her from getting in a nasty accident one day...'coz now she realises when 55 is posted that is the max. speed not just a starting off speed.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 3:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

You got it in one....LOL. She cried but the cop didn't flinch. She drove almost 400 miles home, had dinner, watched TV, went to bed...everything was fine. She woke me up in the middle of the night...she couldn't sleep she was so worried about breaking the law and what we would say. Lesson learned I'd say. Now she drives on cruise and watches her speed. That cop could have saved her from getting in a nasty accident one day...'coz now she realises when 55 is posted that is the max. speed not just a starting off speed.

BTW...our rule is get a ticket and she pays the fine herself...together with any increase in insurance. If we ever find that she has been drinking...even 1 glass...and driving...its goodbye to her car until she can afford to buy and run her own.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 3:46 am
Account Closed

BTW...our rule is get a ticket and she pays the fine herself...together with any increase in insurance. If we ever find that she has been drinking...even 1 glass...and driving...its goodbye to her car until she can afford to buy and run her own.

A good rule too. Drink driving is my pet hate.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 5:10 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Getting his hair cut ???
We can only hope.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 5:22 am
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute

Buy a decent radar detector. Mine sees the filth 300ft away, front or back.
With a speeding ticket at $177 it's money well spent.

alex.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 5:49 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Right, I'm a little bit experienced in this field so here's my thoughts.
I used to keep my vehicle registered in Mrs.R's name and when (inevitably) stopped for speeding I would claim it was my sister's or sister in law's car and I was visiting from the UK. I did this upto about a six months ago,. Then realising I was pushing my luck as I was always getting pulled over by New York State ( Nazi Storm) Troopers I decided to go legit, licence wise.
I did however invest in some excellent technology first. I bought a "Valentine 1" Laser and radar detector which picks up all the different bands the sneaky bastards use including the latest bands introduced from Europe and the dreaded "POP" mode. It can also have the software upgraded to match the upgrades the cops gear gets. However, the ace in the hole is an "M40 Xtreme Blinder" a front and rear laser/radar jammer. Effectively jams the signal to the cops gun until you have slowed down to the legal limit, then you turn it off. Both of these pieces of kit were f'kin expensive but..I have had the V1 warn me loads of times well before I was actually being "Gunned" myself (Radar) and the M40 blinder has screamed at me 4 times since being fitted and at speeds where the fines would have been enough to purchase the actual jammer, so in effect..it's paid for itself already.
As with most things you get what you pay for, most so called radar detectors on the market are only good enough to warn you that you've just been clocked speeding and you are about to be stopped and get a ticket. The V1 and M40 are right up there when it comes to being "invisible" to cops with laser/radar guns, however NOTHING is fool proof

And nobody bother replying to ask why I need these bits of kit and why don't you just stick to the speed limit Because they won't let me have a Formula One car, I live in the USA equivalent of the old Nurburgring and I like going fast. If you don't l;ike it...I neither care nor want to hear about it. Speed is the only pleasure I have left in life.....besides sex, beer, whiskey, rocknroll dressing up in ladies underwear etc etc etc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.