Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Container has cleared customs

Container has cleared customs

Old Jun 16th 2007, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Container has cleared customs

Originally Posted by Terminal
W00t! I'm on the next plane! j/k
Looking forward to a natter
Me too!

You're up late! Then again, it is Saturday night!

Hey, piece of trivia for you. Our second date was at Wally World!
Old Jun 16th 2007, 10:39 pm
Critical Circuits

Terminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mandana
Me too!

You're up late! Then again, it is Saturday night!

Hey, piece of trivia for you. Our second date was at Wally World!
That made me chuckle. Jarman's Park, that's the proper name, isn't it?
Old Jun 16th 2007, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond repute

That made me chuckle. Jarman's Park, that's the proper name, isn't it?
Yes lol .. affectionately called Wally's World!

Just shows what a small world we now live in ..
Old Jun 16th 2007, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond repute

Oh god .. that brings back .. almost unwanted memories. Jumpin' Jacks /shudder.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 11:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tootsie Frickensprinkles
Oh god .. that brings back .. almost unwanted memories. Jumpin' Jacks /shudder.
Karaoke anyone?!
Old Jun 16th 2007, 11:24 pm
Critical Circuits

Terminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of light

The cinema was it's only saving grace IMO

Yes... I'm *still* awake
Old Jun 16th 2007, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond repute

Karaoke anyone?!
I was once so sick after a night in there I never went back

Seems like a lifetime ago now.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 11:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes... I'm *still* awake
LOL, I was up until the early hours this morning talking to a friend back home while OH was happily snoring away!

Had a good day today - bought some bedroom furniture! Courtesy of advice from Snowbunny

PS .. noticed on another thread you have a cat. Are you bringing with? If so, I can recommend a good company.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 11:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

I was once so sick after a night in there I never went back

Seems like a lifetime ago now.
LOL. Where are you from?
Old Jun 16th 2007, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

The cinema was it's only saving grace IMO

Yes... I'm *still* awake
Ex's daughter loved it in there, I on the other hand ...
Old Jun 16th 2007, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

LOL. Where are you from?
Originally Ruislip, lived in HH for a while coming up ten years ago. I seem to be working my way round the home counties anti clockwise.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Ruislip, lived in HH for a while coming up ten years ago. I seem to be working my way round the home counties anti clockwise.
Are you still in the UK?
Old Jun 17th 2007, 9:51 am
Critical Circuits

PS .. noticed on another thread you have a cat. Are you bringing with? If so, I can recommend a good company.
Yes, he's coming too. I just hope he doesn't play with the snakes and scorps as he's a bit of a "mouser".

We've got a few quotes from campanies. So far PBS gave me the best vibes. The lady there really knows her stuff, even explained that going on a mid-day flight would mean quicker through the clearing process at the other end!

I am however, always open to suggestions
Old Jun 17th 2007, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Are you still in the UK?
At the moment I am yes, USC OH is still over in Doha, Qatar, I had been there too. I need real work for the meantime though, so am home for now.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes, he's coming too. I just hope he doesn't play with the snakes and scorps as he's a bit of a "mouser".

We've got a few quotes from campanies. So far PBS gave me the best vibes. The lady there really knows her stuff, even explained that going on a mid-day flight would mean quicker through the clearing process at the other end!

I am however, always open to suggestions
Morning

Our cat is the same - very much a mouser (and rabbits and birds) and a terrible scrapper too. Constantly came home with bites and scratches and torn ears

He's getting used to being a house cat now .. we couldn't allow him to go out during this time in temporary, but after hearing some horror stories of cats being killed outside, we'll probably keep him in at the new home too. If I'd known that first, I might have left him with Mum

Then again, without him I would have been even more homesick

Anyway, to the quotes ..

The most expensive quote was nearly £2k and the cheapest was about £570, but we went with one who charged about £650 + the cost of picking him up from the cattery and taking to their boarding kennels. The cost included the carrying box (airline approved), the vet health check & certificate to fly, the flight, the board for one night (night before his flight) and the transportation to LHR. I picked him up from the airport and cleared him through customs which wasn't difficult, just time consuming. But then I had nothing else to do!

Oh, and customs cost an extra $30.

This was all through Airpets Oceanic and my contact was Vicky Couch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.