Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Container has cleared customs

Wikiposts

Container has cleared customs

Old Jun 13th 2007, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Container has cleared customs

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I bought foundation...it was crap. Funny I like No 7 when I buy it in the UK...never bought the foundation before though.
I know they keep changing the foundation formula but the powder is good as is the rest of the stuff. I just like the packaginng AND its BOOTS so who cares
Old Jun 13th 2007, 2:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

not bloody supprised ur pissed off after reading that......
Old Jun 13th 2007, 2:48 am
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

Boots No7 Beauty Serum was featured on the Today program on Monday. They were saying how fantastic it is and that it is the only product to have been scientifically proven. Apparently it is much better and loads cheaper than any product in the USA but No7 is not available here yet. They are doing a three month trial with three US women using american products and a woman in England using the No7 Beauty Serum. I went to my local Target just to see if they had it and there is a space for it on the display shelf but it wasn't there. I will keep checking though.

A couple of weeks ago I bought some No7 Time Dimensions cleansing pads and Time Resisting Day and Night moisturisers. My skin looks and feels much better than it did plus the day cream has SPF 12 in it. I am hoping to look at least 10 years younger by the end of the month. I also bought a No7 mascara and love it.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 2:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear No7 is available out here. I used it all the time at home - although I'm not best impressed with their mascara (that's the only product I don't get on with)

I'll have to visit a Target now
Old Jun 13th 2007, 2:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandpete
Boots No7 Beauty Serum was featured on the Today program on Monday. They were saying how fantastic it is and that it is the only product to have been scientifically proven. Apparently it is much better and loads cheaper than any product in the USA but No7 is not available here yet. They are doing a three month trial with three US women using american products and a woman in England using the No7 Beauty Serum. I went to my local Target just to see if they had it and there is a space for it on the display shelf but it wasn't there. I will keep checking though.

A couple of weeks ago I bought some No7 Time Dimensions cleansing pads and Time Resisting Day and Night moisturisers. My skin looks and feels much better than it did plus the day cream has SPF 12 in it. I am hoping to look at least 10 years younger by the end of the month. I also bought a No7 mascara and love it.
I saw that on TV earlier in the week. Being the sensitive flower I am I have to be very careful what I use. Anything with glycolic, retinol, retin A etc burns and irritates my skin. I use Olay's Regenerist range...don't know whether it does any good but at least my skin doesn't react to it.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 3:01 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

This thread reminds me, I haven't thanked God yet today that I am a man.

Thank you, God!
Old Jun 13th 2007, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mandana
Glad to hear No7 is available out here. I used it all the time at home - although I'm not best impressed with their mascara (that's the only product I don't get on with)

I'll have to visit a Target now
www.target.com. Cant believe you havent been to a target yet - its fabulous got everything from kids nappies to elec gadgets. Mine local one even has a Starbucks... which I dont use, of course, being the anti globalisation angel that I am...
Old Jun 13th 2007, 3:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adnams
www.target.com. Cant believe you havent been to a target yet - its fabulous got everything from kids nappies to elec gadgets. Mine local one even has a Starbucks... which I dont use, of course, being the anti globalisation angel that I am...
I have been to Target - just not this time or in Houston!

Different when you're holidaying in the States .. you go in and browse and admire and covert, but when you live here it's a different kettle of fish altogether!
Old Jun 13th 2007, 4:49 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mandana
Thanks both.

Sadly Wella don't manufacture the product anymore. They discontinued it just before I left the UK and I even rang their helpline asking what the replacement would be.

They told me they don't stock the old stuff, or anything like it in the States. Oh well!

Thanks anyway
Oh ratsnfratz--I *hate* it when they do that! Suave just discontinued a particularly excellent, cheap, no-crap-added hair gel that I liked. And I'm afraid my favorite cheapo conditioner is on a short lifecycle too.

Sorry you got a bad cut--believe me, no one can empathize more than a Curly Girl (me). It takes a long time to find a good cutter who actually knows what they're doing. Same for products.. so much variation with what it will actually do for you..

With a cutter, I can tell from the way s/he starts poking thru my hair and the way they handle their shears.. if they've got no confidence, I just get up and won't let them (can take months to grow out the damage).

For other Curlies, I recommend www.naturallycurly.com. I found my cutter there (LOVE her) through recommendations. If you're curly (or not?) try using a very basic conditioner as a styling product.
And try, really, really try, to not get addicted to Aveda products. Talk about a yummy smell (oh my!), but sticker shock to the max. I was going to have to take a night job to afford that habit forever..
Old Jun 13th 2007, 5:46 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adnams
Windsor CT, William. Salons name "Hairdresser on fire" yep well I dont know where he dreamt that one up......
Morrissey......

Mandana, you probably went to Kemah.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 6:24 am
British New Yorker

veronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I saw that on TV earlier in the week. Being the sensitive flower I am I have to be very careful what I use. Anything with glycolic, retinol, retin A etc burns and irritates my skin. I use Olay's Regenerist range...don't know whether it does any good but at least my skin doesn't react to it.

Me too.

At the conference in LA I was just at we were all given a Boots goodie bag. Wonderful stuff, I have not reacted to anything, we got the face serum, a box of 4 body butters, the grapefruit and bergermot is lovely, lipstick and a host of other things.

I bought a Rimmel mascara at Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday, the new one, just to try it.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Morrissey......

Mandana, you probably went to Kemah.

That's the place Snowbunny .. thanks!
Old Jun 13th 2007, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

i got a eyebrow thingy and a eye liner from No7 target.. and need desperately a new mascara - my eyes are looking like piss holes in the sand .. age is creeping up! I need a mascara that i dont need a bulldozer to take off at night! and ideas? last one i got when i was in germany cost me 27 euros.. bloody rip off because its only lasted me 6 months.. and i dont put it on everyday..
Old Jun 13th 2007, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Deedee13
i got a eyebrow thingy and a eye liner from No7 target.. and need desperately a new mascara - my eyes are looking like piss holes in the sand .. age is creeping up! I need a mascara that i dont need a bulldozer to take off at night! and ideas? last one i got when i was in germany cost me 27 euros.. bloody rip off because its only lasted me 6 months.. and i dont put it on everyday..
Do what I do and have your eyelashes dyed. I'm blonde with very fair lashes, so having them dyed blue-black (the darkest) saves me putting too much mascara on. In fact, since being here I've hardly worn any make-up at all
Old Jun 13th 2007, 7:41 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deedee13
I like Lancome mascaras. The lengthening one, can't remember it's name.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.