Comparison

Old Oct 6th 2005, 3:47 am
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comparison

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
During my sabatical then. I hope you dont move anytime soon. I hear Paul doesnt like too many name changes.
I got Sue to do it and she said it was a one-off. So next time I want a name change, I might have to take a sabbatical of my own
Old Oct 6th 2005, 3:50 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by NJ_Dave
I got Sue to do it and she said it was a one-off. So next time I want a name change, I might have to take a sabbatical of my own
Hehe. Worked for me
Old Oct 6th 2005, 3:52 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by NJ_Dave
You'd know all about simple, I suppose. But I'm not putting you on ignore, I like to see what people are saying about me
Don't flatter yourself!!
Old Oct 6th 2005, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

jjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
The bankruptcy comes with trying to pay exorbitant council taxes.....
Depends again where you live. In Scotland, same size house with more public services and no water bill paid $2661.48 (approx) compared to here $7500.00 for what appears to be nothing
Old Oct 6th 2005, 5:18 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
If you can't pay, you're exempt? I don't think so my dear...in fact I know that's not the case. You may not be able to file bankruptcy on them, I know you can't, but you can be driven to the poor house trying to pay them.
It's called a Council Tax Rebate, and it's pretty much true, if can't pay, and can show you can't pay, they can reduce the amount due.
My mum, a state pensioner living on her own in a council house with no savings, had a council tax bill of £0 for last year.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 5:28 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
It's called a Council Tax Rebate, and it's pretty much true, if can't pay, and can show you can't pay, they can reduce the amount due.
My mum, a state pensioner living on her own in a council house with no savings, had a council tax bill of £0 for last year.
When I finished my NS, I moved back with my mother for a while. She was working but not making a lot so the council rebated her rent and then added the standard 21 shilling for a child living at home. She told them I was making nearly that an hour and she wanted to pay more, but they wouldn't let her.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 5:40 pm
Banned

Nia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really nice

With all of the taxes they have in this country (what next, oxygen tax?) I think its ludcrous that they do not have a NHS in this country. The medical care system in this country is disgusting, they treat you as a consumer rather than a patient and what I find even more disturbing is that they advertise prescription drugs on TV!!!! Its not for a person who has not gone to medical school to 'decide' what they need for a certain ailment having seen it on TV and badger their doctor into giving it to them, I think that is very dangerous and should be stopped.

I recently fainted at work and was taken to the hospital by ambulance, it cost me $1,000 for a five minute ride up the road and only $250 for the treatment itself.

Ridiculous.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 6:03 pm

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Nia_Nia

Ridiculous.
Fainting at work IS ridiculous!

Old Oct 6th 2005, 6:07 pm
Banned

Nia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really nice

And another thing...

I'm in rant mode now in case you hadn't noticed!

I was diagnosed with growth hormone deficiency as a young girl and was told by both endocrinologists when that I would have to be on these injections for the rest of my life. when i got out here and got on my husbands insurance Aetna (who are a complete set of bastards by the way) just told me point blank that I could not have it because I had stopped growing - despite the fact that I had always been told the importance of remaining on GH for health purposes for the rest of my life!!!! Basically they didn't want to give it to me because its expensive and they didn't want to pay for it - which is absolutely disgusting in my opinion - THAT is exactly why there should be a NHS in this country at least then you know you're not going to get screwed and are being given something because you really NEED it.

Anyway long story short I had to fight them for six months to get this treatment and got very ill in the mean time because I was not on it anymore and EVENTUALLY after after six months they grudgingly let me have it but I'm only allowed it up untill December where they will send me for loads of tests to 'review' my case

Find any reason they can to deny it again more like it...
Old Oct 6th 2005, 6:08 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Pigtails
Fainting at work IS ridiculous!

I wasn't trying to!
Old Oct 6th 2005, 6:13 pm

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

I wasn't trying to!

Apparently, you weren't even at high altitude!
Old Oct 6th 2005, 6:25 pm
Banned

Apparently, you weren't even at high altitude!
No I was not, just feeling very weak and ill thanks to aetna - I hope their head office gets firebombed. The customer service people were the rudest I have ever encountered and that coming from somebody who used to live with a french woman so I think my point has been made...
Old Oct 6th 2005, 6:27 pm

No I was not, just feeling very weak and ill thanks to aetna - I hope their head office gets firebombed. The customer service people were the rudest I have ever encountered and that coming from somebody who used to live with a french woman so I think my point has been made...

My dry humour is wasted upon you!

Please see thread entitled "what is dry humour"
Old Oct 6th 2005, 6:29 pm
Banned

My dry humour is wasted upon you!

Please see thread entitled "what is dry humour"
lol don't worry I got it, I just didn't take the bait!

Old Oct 6th 2005, 6:30 pm

lol don't worry I got it, I just didn't take the bait!

Awww....you're no fun!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.