Wikiposts

Comparison

Old Oct 6th 2005, 8:04 am
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comparison

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
The place is abounding with them. Most of them are 90 years old got skin like dark brown hardened leather and have false tits and/or toupees depending on the gender. They look exactly like an Oompa Loompa would after spending retirement in and around the cosmetic clinics of Miami.
So this is what people look like down in Florida

Old Oct 6th 2005, 8:05 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pigtails
I saw a t-shirt once on a big lady that said "I may be fat, but you're ugly, and I can lose weight"

Can't argue with that.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 8:07 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by NJ_Dave
So this is what people look like down in Florida

Pretty much. Just not quite so spritely.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 8:16 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Damn customers eh?

Ah yeah she went your way. I see we have a potential Vince in the gulf and Wilma in the Atlantic already. What may become Vince is already chucking loads of rain on us today.

Well the experts said we'll have another "good" one in the Atlantic this month-only 7 more weeks of the season left.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 8:18 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Well the experts said we'll have another "good" one in the Atlantic this month-only 7 more weeks of the season left.
Yey! Then its winter and the dry season.

I wonder if we'll get to Hurricane Alpha
Old Oct 6th 2005, 8:22 am
Banned

Nia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really nice

Can't argue with that.
Yeah but how likely is it that she actually lost weight?
Old Oct 6th 2005, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

sprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to all

Hello GeekBlue...I mean SprintBlue sorry. Back at it?

Our property tax here in South Florida is $800 per MONTH. Plus HOA fees. And for that we got nothing, nada, zip.

My wife is a nurse and im an EMT so we both work in health care, so we both get employee insurance, but we add to that with our own as the employee plans are crap. Which costs us about $400 per month. We get taxed on the employee plans as they are a benefit and we also pay a few hundred dollars per month for medicaire/medicaide and social security (it works about the same as NI we used to pay in the UK).

This year alone we have spent $3000 on dentists fees for basic stuff like check ups, polishing and fillings.

We have had one visit to the ER form y wife for a spider bite (turned out minor). Cost $500 out of pocket (and a 3 hour wait in the ER to see the doctor).

I had a benign mole removed, cost again $500. Had to wait for 2 hours and the quack bodged the 2 stiches I paid $200 for and I now have a lovely scar.

We both wear glasses and have just had eye tests at $100 each, plus new lenses for our glasses at $190 each plue 1 years contact lenses at $300 each.

It is not cheap here. There are crap doctors here. You do have to wait here. it is no better health care here but you pay for it.
Hey stop calling me a geek you mean mean boy

Sounds expensive.....does sound more expensive than here like, however I pay arround the same for my gig's and contact lenses, but obviously not for everything else. Well apart from the £110k for a 1 bed appt :scared: lol was not ammused about that one!

Can you not visit the Dentist over here if you come for a holiday? Save some cash....I mean all that NI and tax you paid while here, gotta get somthing out of it don't you?
Old Oct 6th 2005, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

The treatment I received from the NHS before we moved here was excellent. I had to have infusions every two weeks and to have the same treatment over here would cost $100,000 per year. My consultant in the UK told me health insurance over here would probably not cover the cost and so I had to resort to surgery in the UK before I came over. I decided at the end of November 2002 to have the surgery and I had my operation on 17 December 2002. During the two and a half weeks I had to wait I had to have several different treatments to prepare me for the op and so the 17th December was the earliest date I would be physically ready for surgery. The surgery was 100% successful but I still have to have yearly check ups, which our health insurance pays for.

Maybe if I had lived in a different area of the UK (or even Greater Manchester) I wouldn't have received such fabulous treatment.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

sprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mandpete
T

Maybe if I had lived in a different area of the UK (or even Greater Manchester) I wouldn't have received such fabulous treatment.
Perhaps...I know my family who live in chester say their NHS is great...then again our NHS is constantly on the local news and was on the nantional news last month for underperforming and being in too much debt lol. I usual get seen pretty quickly if I have to go their lol as my mum works their lol
Old Oct 6th 2005, 8:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sprintblue
Hey stop calling me a geek you mean mean boy

Sounds expensive.....does sound more expensive than here like, however I pay arround the same for my gig's and contact lenses, but obviously not for everything else. Well apart from the £110k for a 1 bed appt :scared: lol was not ammused about that one!

Can you not visit the Dentist over here if you come for a holiday? Save some cash....I mean all that NI and tax you paid while here, gotta get somthing out of it don't you?
Im sorry...geekette

Glasses themselve the same ish price but the eye test was about 15 quid I recall in the UK.

Ready for a shock? House prices here where I am....A 2 bed appartment will set you back around $250k. A 2 bed Town house (Terraced house) around $400k and a 4 bed single family home with no land about $600k. To rent a 2 bed apartment starts around $1600 per month up to $4000 per month. Homes about $3000 per month plus to rent.
I am moving in December before anyone says anything.

You can visit a dentist in the UK sure. But since flights back from here start around $1000 per person its just as cheap to stay here. And if you need emergency work no choice.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 8:39 am
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by Nia_Nia
Yeah but how likely is it that she actually lost weight?

I wouldn't presume to judge.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 8:40 am
Sursum corda

Yey! Then its winter and the dry season.

I wonder if we'll get to Hurricane Alpha

You know that's not impossible at this rate!!!! Double
Old Oct 6th 2005, 8:41 am
Banned

Nia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really nice

Im sorry...geekette

Glasses themselve the same ish price but the eye test was about 15 quid I recall in the UK.

Ready for a shock? House prices here where I am....A 2 bed appartment will set you back around $250k. A 2 bed Town house (Terraced house) around $400k and a 4 bed single family home with no land about $600k. To rent a 2 bed apartment starts around $1600 per month up to $4000 per month. Homes about $3000 per month plus to rent.

You can visit a dentist in the UK sure. But since flights back from here start around $1000 per person its just as cheap to stay here. And if you need emergency work no choice.
Bloody hell!! You can buy a nice two bedroom apartment here for 65K in a nice area here and a 2 bedroom house in a VERY nice area for upwards of about 150,000 and under!
Old Oct 6th 2005, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

Im sorry...geekette
Shat it you slaaag

Eye tests are about £20 for basic test now yeh.

House prices about the same then....$250k for a 2 bed, my one bed was £110k (so approx $200k?) and the 2 bed ones in my block starting at about £150k upwards so that upwards of $250k as well and we don't even live in what they would call a desirable area, over in leeds in the new appts there are starting at £300k!! House prices sound about the same :scared: shit isn't it. I will be renting when I come over

Your right about the flight costs but I will be coming back once a year on holiday to see family when i come over there so i will get my checkups then lol, obvioulsy like you say, if you have an emergancy there is nothing you can do about that one
Old Oct 6th 2005, 8:50 am
Account Closed

You know that's not impossible at this rate!!!! Double

I know...bloody scary thought. What an amazing season and after last years record breaking season as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.