Wikiposts

Comparison

Old Oct 6th 2005, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comparison

I am also of the opinion that the NHS is fab! Most of the women in my family on my mothers side have bowel issues and all have had operations of some kind or another. My late Nan had 4 heart operations and a subsequent pace maker fitted and a bowel operation after severe bowel cancer plus all the necessary treatment. The Doctors in her local hospital all knew her and loved her, they knew she was the difficult one as she had bad reactions to being put out for ops. Her own Doctor would pop over to her house if he had news to tell her. Honestly the only reason she lived until she was 75 was because of the bloody good old NHS.

p.s its occurred to me that she was probably the reason we all paid higher taxes, but what the hell if you would have known her you would have loved her too.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 8:56 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Nia_Nia
Bloody hell!! You can buy a nice two bedroom apartment here for 65K in a nice area here and a 2 bedroom house in a VERY nice area for upwards of about 150,000 and under!
Tell me bout it. This place is nuts. And all so you have a 365 day summer. Thats why we are heading further north in FLA where the prices are more realistic.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 8:57 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
I know...bloody scary thought. What an amazing season and after last years record breaking season as well.

I told my husband, as we were driving through horizontal ( ) rain and wind last night, that you probably didn't know whether to s**t or go blind with all these extreme weather occurrences.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 8:58 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sprintblue
Shat it you slaaag

Eye tests are about £20 for basic test now yeh.

House prices about the same then....$250k for a 2 bed, my one bed was £110k (so approx $200k?) and the 2 bed ones in my block starting at about £150k upwards so that upwards of $250k as well and we don't even live in what they would call a desirable area, over in leeds in the new appts there are starting at £300k!! House prices sound about the same :scared: shit isn't it. I will be renting when I come over

Your right about the flight costs but I will be coming back once a year on holiday to see family when i come over there so i will get my checkups then lol, obvioulsy like you say, if you have an emergancy there is nothing you can do about that one

Tart if you please.

Hmm be careful not to get caught in the exchange rate trap. It can be hard at first but once you live here and work here its a $=$=$. You got to think 1 to 1 or you end up badly out of pocket without realising it. The only time you can realistically use the exhange rate is of you come over buy something then take it back to the UK....bit hard to do that with a house.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 8:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by cindyabs
I told my husband, as we were driving through horizontal ( ) rain and wind last night, that you probably didn't know whether to s**t or go blind with all these extreme weather occurrences.

And we are all so blase about it down here now.... Did you see the footage of those kids playing in the surf from Rita as she passed by the keys?
Old Oct 6th 2005, 9:00 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Peeps
Old Oct 6th 2005, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

sprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to all

Tart if you please.
Apple or Jam ?

bit hard to do that with a house.
I don't know, im quite strong and I can fly........................
Old Oct 6th 2005, 9:01 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Hello Peeps
Hello. This is the "Anti-American" thread. No sign of Lisa yet though.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 9:03 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Hello. This is the "Anti-American" thread. No sign of Lisa yet though.
I found a store that sells Brit food, 10 minutes down the road, I am a very happy bunny
Old Oct 6th 2005, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

sprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to all

I found a store that sells Brit food, 10 minutes down the road, I am a very happy bunny
me 2

It's called Asda

LOL

Last edited by sprintblue; Oct 6th 2005 at 9:07 am.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 9:07 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Oh pooh, you're a pretty happy bunny most of the time anyway.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by sprintblue
me 2

It's called Asda

LOL
Owned by Walmart
Old Oct 6th 2005, 9:09 am
Sursum corda

And we are all so blase about it down here now.... Did you see the footage of those kids playing in the surf from Rita as she passed by the keys?

Yes !!!
I never take weather for granted, 'cuz you just never know. Strange things like I've experienced earthquakes in Ohio and the Netherlands-go figure!
Old Oct 6th 2005, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Owned by Walmart
Yeh I know he he

At least it makes everything cheaper now lol and still sells english food (well mostly )
Old Oct 6th 2005, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Oh pooh, you're a pretty happy bunny most of the time anyway.
I am now the proud owner of a jar of Haywards pickled onions, a multipack of Walkers crisps, a large bag of Twiglets, some Branston pickle, a box of sage and Onion Stuffing and a packet of Radox. It's the little things in life that make me happy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.