Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Children And Long Haul Flights!

Wikiposts

Children And Long Haul Flights!

Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:44 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Children And Long Haul Flights!

Originally Posted by britvic
Just asking, dose anyone know of something simmerla to Calpol from back home, because I'v got a feeling might need something to slow the little man down
I think Benadryl is supposed to work, but not sure of the age range it's for. Think I'll drug mine next time I have to fly with them.

Wonder if BA would still be making big profits if the did an adult only flight for those people that don't like kids making any noise.

Annette
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:45 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Eskimo
Two points

1.I'm bloody glad I've never come across your miserable face and helpful attitude when I've been flying with my kids
2.The wife and little one will be travelling "up front" when they go back to the UK in March. His ticket was a few dollars short of full price - are you suggesting he shouldn't be allowed up there ?
oh tks for the compliment...have a nice flight
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:45 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nethead
I think Benadryl is supposed to work, but not sure of the age range it's for. Think I'll drug mine next time I have to fly with them.
I'm sorry how can you justify giving drugs to your kids when they are not ill ? Disgraceful
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:47 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry how can you justify giving drugs to your kids when they are not ill ? Disgraceful
Oh!! shut up ..and get to work ...
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

I was joking.

Annette
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TruBrit
oh tks for the compliment...have a nice flight
you didnt answer my question are you advocating no kids in first and business ?
Account Closed

Originally Posted by nethead
I was joking.

Annette
sos
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
Oh!! shut up ..and get to work ...
Presidents day and Im here to irritate you all day
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

emmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Derbys12
Hey people just a quick question for anyone,has Anyone had experience of a Long Haul flight to the states with young children?, ie. children under 3?.

I am going to Michigan for a visit soon Single parent got twins of 2 1/2 and another boy of 7.
Do u think i should just visit with my eldest?..... or it it just plane madness one parent and 3 kids on the plane?.........
Or would the airline offer plenty of help?.........
Any Help and Advice Very much appreciated!!!!.... Thanks folks..
It depends on the child really.....my son flew 4 times to the states before he was 3 and behaved impecably....the only time he was ever good was on a plane....my 2 year old daughter who is an angel was a swine last year when we went to the US...infact we very nearly didn't get on the plane.....guess what we aint doing a long haul flight this year .......my advice would be to go to boots and buy some phenigan(think thats how it is spelt)...it is for travel sickness...but it knocks the little bleeders out cold.....try it...it could be fine...or it could be your worse nightmare....the only way to find out is to go
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:55 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emmals
It depends on the child really.....my son flew 4 times to the states before he was 3 and behaved impecably....the only time he was ever good was on a plane....my 2 year old daughter who is an angel was a swine last year when we went to the US...infact we very nearly didn't get on the plane.....guess what we aint doing a long haul flight this year .......my advice would be to go to boots and buy some phenigan(think thats how it is spelt)...it is for travel sickness...but it knocks the little bleeders out cold.....try it...it could be fine...or it could be your worse nightmare....the only way to find out is to go
My Grandma swore that a little vodka with the baby's juice was the perfect travel companion.
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:55 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Presidents day and Im here to irritate you all day
Joycee just get the afternoon off ... hopefully she will go shopping ...alone ...
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:56 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
My Grandma swore that a little vodka with the baby's juice was the perfect travel companion.
A thimble of whiskey in the milk
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
have to say that's the comments i've heard from lots of passengers. unless one is booked on a bucket and spade flight lots of ba pax have work to go to when they reach their final destination...last thing they want is other people's kids screaming down their ear hole... that's part of the reason they travel up front to escape.
That's probably no different to a lot of adults traveling by air. What makes flight attendants any more special?
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
Does this work for your l'il one?
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:57 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
Joycee just get the afternoon off ... hopefully she will go shopping ...alone ...
but surely you'll need some new bedding by now and your opinion is very valued I hear

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.