Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Calling Card to make calls to UK from USA

Calling Card to make calls to UK from USA

Old Jun 29th 2010, 1:25 pm
Americano

nejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nice
Default Re: Calling Card to make calls to UK from USA

Originally Posted by smilenow
Can someone suggest some reliable calling card to call to UK (landlines + Cell Phone) from US.

I want to get this calling card for someone who just came to USA for 3-4 weeks and doesn't have HSI at home.
Hi,

My family uses the Verizon calling card from Costco to call me in the UK (landline to landline, though it works with mobiles as well for a higher cost). For $20, you get 700 minutes. I'm not sure about calling rates to the UK, but I think it's quite good, maybe $0.02 a minute? We've been using the Costco calling cards since 2005, and I'd definitely recommend them.

Hope that helps,
~Nej
Old Jun 29th 2010, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

purceem is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Henryh,

I'm moving to NY next week - although Brooklyn does not apparently receive great international calling rates!

If you could send an invite over for google voice it would be much appreciated!

On another note, i see that Nobelcom have some decent phone card deals as well...

Thank you!

Old Jul 22nd 2010, 4:14 am
Just Joined

krishnax is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by purceem
Hi Henryh,

I'm moving to NY next week - although Brooklyn does not apparently receive great international calling rates!

If you could send an invite over for google voice it would be much appreciated!

On another note, i see that Nobelcom have some decent phone card deals as well...

Thank you!

No need for invites for Google Voice. If you have a Google account then you can already apply for a Google Voice account. For calling card or VoIP options, check out Onesuite long distance services. They got pretty decent rates and its prepaid (no monthly plans)