Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Calling Card to make calls to UK from USA

Calling Card to make calls to UK from USA

Old Jun 21st 2010, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

smilenow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Calling Card to make calls to UK from USA

Can someone suggest some reliable calling card to call to UK (landlines + Cell Phone) from US.

I want to get this calling card for someone who just came to USA for 3-4 weeks and doesn't have HSI at home.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calling Card to make calls to UK from USA

Been a while since I used one, but I seem to remember one called the "Mega Clean Calling Card" - didn't charge you an access fee or anything and reasonable rates to UK landlines (1.7 cents a minute) and mobile phones (14 cents a minute). Used to buy them from a website called Cheap Phonecards, but looks like they are now called www.ephonecard.com. They will probably have a selection to choose from, but the site seems to be down at the mo.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

Dewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud of

The Mega Clean & Stable card is provided by IDT, one of the larger such companies - they manage some of the supermarket branded phone cards such as Harris Teeter, and can be bought through the website http://www.uniontelecard.com/phoneca...an-and-stable/ 1.4 cents/minute to call UK landlines, 14 cents/minute to call UK mobile phones. No access fee, no monthly charges, you just pay local phone charges by calling a local access number.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
The Mega Clean & Stable card is provided by IDT, one of the larger such companies - they manage some of the supermarket branded phone cards such as Harris Teeter, and can be bought through the website http://www.uniontelecard.com/phoneca...an-and-stable/ 1.4 cents/minute to call UK landlines, 14 cents/minute to call UK mobile phones. No access fee, no monthly charges, you just pay local phone charges by calling a local access number.
Ah yes, that's the fella.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

WARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond repute

Set yourself up with Skype. Load it with $10 and use Skype to Go. This is a US Skype number that you call from any type of normal phone and then from that dial any number in the UK. Landlines in UK cost 2.5c/m from your skype balance plus the cost of the call to the local skype number from whatever phone you are using.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

helwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond repute

I use OneSuite.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

comfi.com
Old Jun 21st 2010, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

EddieIp is just really niceEddieIp is just really niceEddieIp is just really niceEddieIp is just really niceEddieIp is just really niceEddieIp is just really niceEddieIp is just really niceEddieIp is just really nice

I use VOIPStunt and their new iphone app.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

Gaz1969 is an unknown quantity at this point

http://speedypin.com/phone/cards/United+Kingdom

For a range of cards/flavours - issued via email. Not too bad - sometimes hard to get a line at peak times.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

coastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond repute

I use mobilecaller.com , you can do the whole thing online, and change plans whenever you want to.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

TopGear will become famous soon enoughTopGear will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by smilenow View Post
Can someone suggest some reliable calling card to call to UK (landlines + Cell Phone) from US.

I want to get this calling card for someone who just came to USA for 3-4 weeks and doesn't have HSI at home.
Onesuite is calling card with VoIP feature. It also has access number in U.K. to call back US or other countries.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 5:55 am
BE Enthusiast

henryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond repute

Get Google Voice. Free to sign up, 2 cents / minute to UK landlines and excellent sound quality. I can hook you up if you need an invite.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 1:18 pm
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

I use tel3Advantage.com, I can use any phone and it costs me 2.5 cents a minute.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Minty will become famous soon enoughMinty will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by WARPed View Post
Set yourself up with Skype. Load it with $10 and use Skype to Go. This is a US Skype number that you call from any type of normal phone and then from that dial any number in the UK. Landlines in UK cost 2.5c/m from your skype balance plus the cost of the call to the local skype number from whatever phone you are using.
I agree with the above. I use it all the time. I have also used something called Penny Talk which worked well too.
Old Jun 29th 2010, 12:37 pm
Americano

nejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nice

Originally Posted by smilenow View Post

I'm in kind of a backwards situation. I'm an American student earning my BA in the UK. When my parents call me from America on the landline (to my landline), they use a calling card from Costco. For $20, you get 700 minutes.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...rodid=11175927

I don't know too much about other calling cards out there, but we've been using these calling cards since 2005, and they've always worked great. I really hope that helps!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.