Reload this Page >

British illegal - murderer

British illegal - murderer

Old Apr 6th 2007, 12:53 am
Just Joined

fmalone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British illegal - murderer

Originally Posted by Bob
only ICE officers are allowed to ask your immigration status and to see a greencard....Mass tried to let cops have a peak, but I don't know what came of it, probably nothing because fedral law trumps local I guess.
Woow, nice.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 1:04 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
only ICE officers are allowed to ask your immigration status and to see a greencard....Mass tried to let cops have a peak, but I don't know what came of it, probably nothing because fedral law trumps local I guess.
This wnaker's managed it. Costs us a fortune in lawsuit claims already, will no doubt cost us even more.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 3:02 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
This wnaker's managed it. Costs us a fortune in lawsuit claims already, will no doubt cost us even more.
jubbly
Old Apr 6th 2007, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

newenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bob
IMHO that's really a stupid law. To think that he was stopped by Seattle police but they weren't allowed to check his immigration status?! If they had checked, this never would have happened.

How many millions of illegals are there now in the US? It's in the millions but they get away with it. As most of us know, to emmigrate and be LEGAL you have to have a crime check -- so these millions of illegals are here in hiding without anyone knowing of their background and criminal record and no one does anything about it.

Anyway, it's pathetic that this man wasted his intelligence outwitting the law rather than living a productive life.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 3:40 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newenglander
IMHO that's really a stupid law. To think that he was stopped by Seattle police but they weren't allowed to check his immigration status?! If they had checked, this never would have happened.

How many millions of illegals are there now in the US? It's in the millions but they get away with it. As most of us know, to emmigrate and be LEGAL you have to have a crime check -- so these millions of illegals are here in hiding without anyone knowing of their background and criminal record and no one does anything about it.

Anyway, it's pathetic that this man wasted his intelligence outwitting the law rather than living a productive life.
It's so that racial profiling can be limited and prevent racial discrimination, because lets face it, a cop isn't going to be asking every person with an English accent if they have over stayed their VWP....it's just a way to presume anyone with dark skin to be an illegal, even though their are plenty of legal immigrants around here, their's a huge Brazilian population, and they ain't all dodgy.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 4:06 am
Forum Regular

newenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bob
It's so that racial profiling can be limited and prevent racial discrimination, because lets face it, a cop isn't going to be asking every person with an English accent if they have over stayed their VWP....it's just a way to presume anyone with dark skin to be an illegal, even though their are plenty of legal immigrants around here, their's a huge Brazilian population, and they ain't all dodgy.
Thanks for the clarification, Bob. I can understand why we wouldn't want to hurt people's feelings although I can't say that I'm 100% in favor of not cracking down more and checking people's immigrant status.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 3:24 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
"Protecting and Serving since 1871" eh?
Joe looks good for 136 years old
Old Apr 6th 2007, 3:31 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

So the article says:

Immigration agents prepared an administrative immigration warrant for Rowan's arrest when he wasn't found. But he eluded them.

Seattle police arrested Rowan for drunken driving on June 30th, 2006.

Another reason why the branches of government need to be able to talk to one another. Cops had him for DUI and had a perfect chance to detain and have the warrant served by the BCIS/ICE folks.

I'm all for spot checks - Nothing to hide? Prove it. Alas, it'll never be that way.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 3:46 pm
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

Another reason why police aren't allowed to ask about immigration status is that illegals may be less likely to come forward to police in event of a crime or in the witnessing of a crime for fear of being deported. A raped woman should have no fear of deportation when hailing down a cop.

Certainly, in this case, he would have been deported if found out, and this young woman would still be alive. But what makes us think he wouldn't have done exactly the same thing back in the UK? Or that he hasn't done so already? This is a tragic tale, badly served by a ham-fisted attempt at underhanded political bent that shines through the article. This journalist should be ashamed of his/herself.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 4:07 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

Originally Posted by Ridski
A raped woman should have no fear of deportation when hailing down a cop.
OK - I'll play devil's advocate on this one. A crime is a crime (and you highlight a truly horrible one for which the perpetrator should be hunted down and dealt with) but even crime victims that are here illegally should be deported, no?
Old Apr 6th 2007, 5:00 pm
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
OK - I'll play devil's advocate on this one. A crime is a crime (and you highlight a truly horrible one for which the perpetrator should be hunted down and dealt with) but even crime victims that are here illegally should be deported, no?
Happy to play along.

If the victim doesn't come forward for fear of being deported, then you have a rapist kicking around, and you have no idea he even exists.

As for crime being a crime, mobsters can turn stoolpigeon on their bosses and get full federal witness protection. Why should a gangster be afforded this and not someone who jumped a fence?
Old Apr 6th 2007, 6:58 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

Originally Posted by Ridski
Why should a gangster be afforded this and not someone who jumped a fence?
'cos the gangster is an American?
Old Apr 6th 2007, 7:06 pm
Diamond Geezer

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
'cos the gangster is an American?
Your initial response was that a crime's a crime. Why would one person have to pay for that crime when reporting another, more important criminal, when another does not?
Old Apr 6th 2007, 9:16 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by farmerwife
Leslie66 - I agree with you! I meant sad in the sense of pathetic wasted existence etc. I don't feel sorry for him. Obviously feel for the woman's family and friends. It's just that I couldn't figure out why he would have chosen to live here like that - it's not like he was wealthy or anything or had a better standard of living than in the UK.
(For instance - I can understand somewhat why the illegals from Mexico/Central America do it. Most of them are sending chunks of their paychecks home to support families).
The thing that crossed my mind was - perhaps he had done something bad in the UK years ago and had tried to get away from that?
That is a good question.

I didn't mean to sound like I was attacking you - I was just ranting.

It's hard to say why people do what they do. There are some people that just come over to the states and like it and stay - they may have come from very nice countries but for some reason think it's worth being illegal to stay in the US. Who knows? Maybe he was working and living under the radar ..... doing something illegal and not paying taxes and was happy with that life? Or running from his past and burnt bridges in the UK. Like you said, we'll never know know.