Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

Wikiposts

British Football thread

Old Apr 7th 2004, 9:08 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Webbie
Works in the quote: "entertainment" industry (but doesn't say which part of it.) He's probably going off on one because his talent are not performing today ?

"He's lost wood again. Fluffer !"
he's just a bitter yank pissed off cos we speak better than wot he does.
I said I'll be his wing man if he wants to get the beers in.
Old Apr 7th 2004, 9:16 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by manc1976
he's just a bitter yank pissed off cos we speak better than wot he does.
I said I'll be his wing man if he wants to get the beers in.
I'll have to go and ask mister small dick if his entertainment is adult.
Old Apr 7th 2004, 9:59 am
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

GOAL: D Coruna 4-0 AC Milan: G Fran (76)

5-4 to Deportivo on agg.
No-one would have imagined the four teams still there would make it to the semis. If Chelski don't win it this year I can't see them having a better chance.
Old Apr 7th 2004, 1:38 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Webbie, have you seen this site? Should bring back some memories for you.

Sadly the site doesn't contain many teams, it has Man U and Arsenal and about another 4 English teams. Only Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and St Mirren are represented from Scotland.

http://www.footballnotmuggybonehead....estercity.html
Old Apr 7th 2004, 1:56 pm
"Where are the shovels?"

jambo_2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

One question Dave...what the ***** is going on here? :scared:

Old Apr 7th 2004, 2:00 pm

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DaveC
Hey Webbie, have you seen this site? Should bring back some memories for you.

Sadly the site doesn't contain many teams, it has Man U and Arsenal and about another 4 English teams. Only Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and St Mirren are represented from Scotland.

http://www.footballnotmuggybonehead....estercity.html
Top link Dave ! Nice one.
Love the website URL too.

Looked through the pics and... boy did we have some $hit designs... Never been any good since the late 70's.
Wish they would just put it back to the plain blue with the badge (and sponsor) and leave it at that.

Ah man...look at that.

Those stripes... great one.

My all time favourite is the 79/81 shirt, which I had a cheap knock-off copy and wore all the time when I was a kid.

Wish they would bring this one back.

But this is probably the most famous and remembered ->

Everyone will remember Mr Francis Lee with his rotund figure jogging around in this skin tight nylon number.
Old Apr 7th 2004, 4:25 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

I won't hear a word said against that shirt Tony, it was what the team wore when AFC won their last trophy. I believe the cunning pattern blinded the opposing players! The away kit that season was worse, it looked like someone had puked over it!

I do like the Umbro tops with the collars and diamonds on the sleeves. I used to have a similar Scotland top from the same era.
Old Apr 8th 2004, 3:52 am

A reminder of tonight's and tomorrow's footie:

UEFA Cup Quarter-Final First Leg
PSV Eindhoven v Newcastle (19:45 BST)
(Lord Bobby returning to one of his old clubs. Should get a great welcome. How the match will go is unknown. )

Celtic v Villarreal 20:00
(Who the fück are Villarreal ? No it's not O'Leary and his chaps playing in disguise. Or a dream had by Aston Villa supporters. But this team are similar to Villa - they are currently 10th in the Spanish La Liga and not amounted to much of the years. Potential banana skin for Celtic and they will be after an away goal to take back to their place.)

Unfortunatly I don't think either of these matches are available online.

Vauxhall Conference:
Telford v Accrington Stanley.
(To mightly non-league teams, should be a good match.)

(Good) FRIDAY:
Arsenal v Liverpool
(7.30am EST - Live on FoxSportsWorld my Liverpool contacts tell me)
Everton v Tottenham
(3pm EST)
Old Apr 8th 2004, 5:55 am
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

[

(Good) FRIDAY:
Arsenal v Liverpool
[i](7.30am EST - Live on FoxSportsWorld my Liverpool contacts
Where, where, where?????

I can only see it re run at 11am, I will be sitting behind my desk by then! Its doesnt appear on the PPV listings either.

I have a site that shows some EPL games on the web if anyone is interested? PM me, though you might have them already and not be sharing???

I have found the reason why The Arse are doing badly at the moment, I can scientificaly link it to my girlfriend, when ever she watches arsenal (big games normaly) we seem to lose. Man U, Chelski and the few games where we stuffed it up at the end of last season. She wont be watching tomoz so we shall put the theory into practise.
Old Apr 8th 2004, 5:57 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mattbutt
I have found the reason why The Arse are doing badly at the moment, I can scientificaly link it to my girlfriend, when ever she watches arsenal (big games normaly) we seem to lose.
Whenever I watch Stockport they lose too...........
Old Apr 8th 2004, 4:21 pm

Something new I'm going to do occasionally...when I remember to look -

Another good forum that I lurk on is popbitch
Yes I admit I miss the salacious gossip and bitchiness.
(Bitchiness - is that a word ?) Bit-chee-ness. Bitchyness...

I'll get on with it shall I ?

Anyhoots, this is the source of some of my material (subscribe yourself to their weekly newsletter, you will not regret it.)

On the forums there is someone who posts a summary of the next day's Sun headlines.
I'm going to copy and paste any good ones that come up.
As mentioned - when I remember.

Friday's Sun:

*Yup, Esther Canadas was the woman that Derek 'cheated' on Loos with. He wined and dined her and sent her identical text messages, according to Ms Loos
*The Sun, perhaps bitter at not getting the buy-up provide a "predator's guide" on how Loos snared Becks, then went running to Max Clifford
*Posh pictured texting on the ski slope, while Derek trains with Madrid
*Ozzy Osbourne's house (with all its dog and cat crap) is to be one of the homes cleaned up by Aggie and Kim in a celebrity version of How Clean is Your House?
*George Best to get a quickie divorce
*Littlejohn: Twat
*A man finds a live african frog in his M+S stir fry
*Nigel Harman has turned down a £2m record deal from Sony - saying they would only turn him into a "Will Young for grannies"
*Fat Les, disgusted at the choice of Blazin Squad for England's Euro 2004 single, has thrown his hat into the ring to record a song, too
*Mrs McCartney to appear in US TV ads without her false leg. It is to highlight the dangers of poor driving
*New TV show "Sperm Race" to see if men with the biggest tackle have the strongest sperm
*Centre pages: Hollywood over the Hills. Flabby ageing stars, including Clint Eastwood, Arnie, Jack Nicholson etc
*George and Lynne: Lynne gossips in a boutique changing room

Some of the names mentioned might not mean much to you. Anybody and their dog becomes a celeb over there as you know.
Back tommorrow with the footie fixtures.
Old Apr 8th 2004, 8:17 pm
"Where are the shovels?"

jambo_2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

Was just looking at the post stats for this thread...webbie is top of the league followed by some bloke called tony_2003...manc coming up in 3rd place....intresting

http://britishexpats.com/forum/misc....hreadid=180431
Old Apr 9th 2004, 12:44 am
@matthewb76

Is anybody interested in buying an Arsenal Dart Board?

Apparently its going cheap because it has no Doubles or Trebles..

Don't worry I have already got my coat.
Old Apr 9th 2004, 1:00 am
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Apr 9th 2004, 1:06 am

Morning ladies.

49:44 Goal - Thierry Henry
Arsenal 3-2 Liverpool.

Goal by Thierry Henry (Arsenal) right-footed (bottom-right of goal) from centre of penalty area (6 yards).Arsenal 3-2 Liverpool.

Game of two halves.
End to end stuff Saint.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.