Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

British Football thread

Old Feb 2nd 2005, 3:10 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Football thread

Originally Posted by elfman
2) What the ***** is wrong with Wayne Rooney? Does he need the biggest boot up the arse or what?
From the Beeb:
Rooney was booked for handball and was lucky not be sent off after appearing to swear at the referee who gave out a final warning to the petulant England striker.

It was a near miracle that both sides finished the half with 11 men after a fractious opening period littered with poor tackles and some shameful indiscipline.
Things are getting quite nasty in the EPL last couple of seasons.
Too much money on the line if any team loses these days.

Rest of the results - and a few shocks today:
Bolton 3 - 1 Tottenham
Charlton 1 - 2 Liverpool
Portsmouth 2 - 1 Middlesbrough
West Brom 2 - 2 Crystal Palace

- Meanwhile a bit of a result for Stockie:
Stockport 2 - 2 Bournemouth

And as mentioned by Jambo - to hell and back in the Scotia CIS Cup.

Tomorrows Sun:
*Michael Jackson's ex-"wife" is to testify against him - some see it as revenge that he's stopped paying her money.
*Rio Ferdinand has the piss taken out of him by team mates by wearing a shower cap to keep his dreadlocks in order.

*Jo Whiley had an operation to remove a mole on her chest and doctors shocked her by telling her it was a third nipple
*More pics of Pete Doherty looking wasted, The Sun asks Kate Moss if she wants to still go out with him.
*Jane Moore: Twunt
*Robbie Williams dressed as a 'laydee' for Comic Relief with Lucas and Walliams
*Ex-Arsenal player Jermaine Pennant told to expect jail for second drink-driving offence (He's still Arsenal - on loan to Brum)
*Brad and Jen are only having a 'trial separation' and will be back together soon, says Pitt's granny.
*Goldie Lookin Chain will have a 'chav table' at the Brits, with a Burberry tablecloth, where they will eat Pot Noodles and drink lager.
*Beyonce has asked Chris Martin to duet with her.
*George and Lynne: The clothed couple find their flight is overbooked.

Finally one for the "...and finally.." section (this made it onto Fark as well)
"A football referee was forced to abandon a game after showing himself the red card."
http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/...me/4222543.stm
"The ref hurled down his whistle, untucked his shirt and marched up to eyeball the player, before realising the error of his ways.

The 39-year-old official, who had a few personal problems leading up to the Peterborough Sunday League Two clash, admitted he should have stayed at home.

"With hindsight I should never have officiated," he said. "It was totally unprofessional. If a player did that I would send him off, so I had to go.
And with that I'll send meself off.
To bed.
Ah ha ha. Ha, ha ha.

*gets coat*
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 9:29 am
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Webbie

Finally one for the "...and finally.." section (this made it onto Fark as well)
"A football referee was forced to abandon a game after showing himself the red card."
http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/...me/4222543.stm

And with that I'll send meself off.
To bed.
Ah ha ha. Ha, ha ha.

*gets coat*
"Fortunately he did not compound his error by arguing with himself about the sending off. "

Off to bed as well...
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 3:19 pm

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveC
I thought the pre game tunnel camera footage was interesting. Anyone know what Vieira did to make Keane start effing and blinding like that? Luckily, no cups of soup were harmed.
Just found this elsewhere:
"Apparently, Neville said something to O'Shea along the lines of "Go out and kick the shit out of that lanky piece of piss". He was talking about Henry, who didn't hear him... but Viera was walking past them to go to the front of the line up. He thought the comment was directed at him, and said "Come on then". Keene sees Viera fronting up to Neville it and stepped in with, and I quote "If you're going to pick on anyone, pick on someone your ****ing own size. Like me." Bit of argy bargy follows. Viera goes to the front, Keene trys to follow him and is restrained until he calms down. They don't shake hands and Keene bottles the first chance he has at nailing Viera in the first 10 minutes of the game."
Re - to a previous tunnel/changing room incident - the one involving pizza.
As some pundit asked and I've got to agree with them - "Why have they got pizza's in there ?!"
Cup of tea and orange regards...
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

MHolkham is just really niceMHolkham is just really niceMHolkham is just really niceMHolkham is just really niceMHolkham is just really niceMHolkham is just really niceMHolkham is just really niceMHolkham is just really niceMHolkham is just really niceMHolkham is just really niceMHolkham is just really nice

"ARSE ! **** !"

City losing 2-1
at home !

Dundee lost 2-1
at home !
Anyone watching Chelsia Blackburn tonight? How about that Man U last nite
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 7:34 pm

37:01
Attacking throw-in by Danny Mills (Man City).

36:45
Attacking throw-in by Danny Mills (Man City).

35:20
Defending throw-in by Ben Thatcher (Man City).

34:56
Goal kick taken long by David James (Man City).

33:19
Attacking throw-in by Ben Thatcher (Man City).

32:57
Attacking throw-in by Ben Thatcher (Man City).
*Cut to scene of Webbie quietly sobbing*

(If anyone wants me I'll be over at the oven with my head in it)
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 1:00 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

*Cut to scene of Webbie quietly sobbing*

(If anyone wants me I'll be over at the oven with my head in it)
Could be worse, you could support Dundee United. As if that wasn't bad enough in itself they got humped 7-1 by the huns tonight in the semis of the Mickey Mouse Cup.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 3:03 am
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveC
Could be worse, you could support Dundee United. As if that wasn't bad enough in itself they got humped 7-1 by the huns tonight in the semis of the Mickey Mouse Cup.
I shouldnt laugh but
I mean WTF? I know it was Rangers but in 2005 is there any excuse for being humped 7-1?

P45 for Mr. Mcoll...not too good on the old CV is it?. Jobcentre "I see here in the last game you managed you lost 7-1?...hmmm well let me look in my files, ah yes...a Mr. Keegan is looking for an assistant coach"
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by tony_2003
Jobcentre "I see here in the last game you managed you lost 7-1?...hmmm well let me look in my files, ah yes...a Mr. Keegan is looking for an assistant coach"
"Bwwwwaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh"

*reaches for the comfort food*

It's just not fair. All the other clubs have half decent players... why do I have to get all the cast offs ?

Ben Thatcher....Danny Mills.... David..*starts blubbing again*..James.
"Waaaaaaaah......"

Anyway.
*Wipes tears away*
Could be worse. At least I'm not a Romanov.
(Feel free to insert jokes about Anastasia at this point.... Players being paid with Faberge eggs... the wearing of cossacks...)

Tomorrow's Sun:
*Kimberly Quinn has had a baby boy by Caesarean section. Who's is it? (I had no idea what they were talking about either. Had a look and apparantly David Blunkett had an affair and they have no idea if the baby is a Blunkett or this woman's husband)
*Jordan in vigil at hospital for her son Harvey, who has reacted badly to steroids he has been given. (Future baseball player ?)
*Suranne Jones and Jonathan Wrather have split after a holiday to mend their relationship has failed (again no idea who these people are. Don't give a shit either so haven't looked)
*Rooney and missus to get a maid, after her fears that pie boy Rooney would live on takeaways. (The Chav's get a maid - there's a good sitcom right there)
*Eric Claption, 59, has become a father for the fifth time - he has a new daughter. (Eric....window... OK bad taste.)
*How to deal with burglars, by the SAS. (With stun grenades perchance ?)
*Kate Moss to bring out a perfume. (No it is not called Stick Insect)
*Denise V Outen on a beach in a bikini.
*Goldie Lookin Chain are selling their Chavalier.
*Gaby Roslin quits Children in Need
*The 'Who will be James Bond' sweepstakes.[/i] (My money is on Daltrey)
* What your search engine says about you. (If you Yahoo, you're chav)
*Keane said to Vieira: "Don't shout your ****ing mouth off" after Vieira had said to Neville: "Are you going to kick us again in this match?"
*George and Lynne: In the jacuzzi, the swimsuited pair tell a joke

And finally.... a tenuous link back to my mention about the pizza throwing in the changing rooms - Found a player in Norway who has asked to be paid one pizza a week to play.
http://www.aftenposten.no/english/sp...icle960414.ece
Lining up behind him is Maradona, Gazza, Jan Molby...

Last edited by Webbie; Feb 3rd 2005 at 3:54 am.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 3:54 am
Get em out by Friday

"Bwwwwaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh"

*reaches for the comfort food*

It's just not fair. All the other clubs have half decent players... why do I have to get all the cast offs ?

Ben Thatcher....Danny Mills.... David..*starts blubbing again*..James.
"Waaaaaaaah......"

Anyway.
*Wipes tears away*
Could be worse. At least I'm not a Romanov.
(Feel free to insert jokes about Anastasia at this point.... Players being paid with Faberge eggs... the wearing of cossacks...)

Actually those cast-offs would probably be major signings for us...well except James.

We've either signed our own death certificate or made a great step. Personally i'm glad we went through with it...it's wait and see time.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 4:02 am

Actually those cast-offs would probably be major signings for us...well except James.
You can have them - and the manager.
Word is that he's gonna walk/get pushed by the summer.
He's just not perfoming.
The selling of Annelka isn't going to be the reason though. Apparantly he was a big headed expensive pain in the arse anyway and not very good at being a team player.
Turning into David Brent now...

Incidently - I've just posted on the Webblog about the American version of The Office.

Remade and ruined even before it goes on the air.

Why do they keep doing this ?!
We've either signed our own death certificate or made a great step. Personally i'm glad we went through with it...it's wait and see time.
Agreed. You have to give it a bit of time and hope eveything doesn't go Dundee shaped.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 4:14 am

*Goldie Lookin Chain are selling their Chavalier.
"...That's on ebaaaaaay..."

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...01%C3%82%C2%A0
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 1:24 pm
You fat bastard

adeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really nice

The selling of Annelka isn't going to be the reason though. Apparantly he was a big headed expensive pain in the arse anyway and not very good at being a team player.
But you have to say Annabell Croft was even worse....

Old Feb 3rd 2005, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by adeshell
But you have to say Annabell Croft was even worse....
Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.....

I don't get it.

Congrats to Cameron's brother for taking your lot midtable:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/4233077.stm
Oxford United boss Ramon Diaz has been named the League Two manager of the month for January.

Diaz took over in December 2004 on a six-month deal and has steered the Kassam Stadium side away from any relegation worries.

Oxford registered four wins and two draws in the League during January and now have an outside chance of reaching the play-offs.

Diaz formely led Argentine side River Plate to the tile in his homeland.
From the River Plate to the Blackbird Leys.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 2:53 pm
You fat bastard

adeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really nice

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.....

I don't get it.

Congrats to Cameron's brother for taking your lot midtable:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/4233077.stm

From the River Plate to the Blackbird Leys.
Annika?? Treasure Hunt?? Ah, forget it...

Yep, 3 points off playoffs.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 4:46 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Rugby League team St Helens may have stumbled across the secret formula for sporting success - employing overweight comedians.

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...295088,00.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.