Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

British Football thread

Old Jan 15th 2005, 5:19 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Football thread

Quickie results:

Stockie help Luton to the top. (Manc hoping to be in attendance for their relegation game, but there's danger of them going down by the end of Feb)

Oxford help Scunthorpe catch Yeovil (Nice result there)

Five goal thrilla for the Hearts. (Puts them within shouting distance of Aberdeen, who los..sorry.. will play Celtic tomorrow)

Going to be hard to keep S W-P after he scored two today. (Transfer window still open and chip off the ol' block advertising his wares)

Aforementioned calamity at Liverpool.

Lampard gets two at Spurs. Nice to see an Englishman doing well in a foreign team.

Bolton one-up half time home to the Arse.
Old Jan 15th 2005, 5:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

still a few players in the fantasy team that ain't played, but lampy didn't half have a good week for me
Old Jan 15th 2005, 7:04 pm

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Webbie
Bolton one-up half time home to the Arse.
Finished the same:
Stelios Giannakopoulos scores as Bolton damage Arsenal's title hopes with a 1-0 win.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/4150627.stm

..."And they'll be dancing in the Greek taverners of Horwich tonight..."
Old Jan 15th 2005, 7:20 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Finished the same:
now that's a surprise ain't it...
Old Jan 16th 2005, 2:52 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Hawks win 1-0 at St Albans in the FA Trophy. Essex minnows Bill & Ricky let a 2-0 lead slip as Exeter claim another draw. Does this make the mockneys as good as man ure ?

Lookslike another good trophy run could see me planning a flight back to blighty in may for the final, would be a once in a life time effort so make the most of etc. Hendsford Town ( division below us ) won it last season.
Old Jan 16th 2005, 2:16 pm
You fat bastard

adeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bob
nice
Haven't checked the site for match report yet though...so what about the new geeza? any good?
Yeah, report said he was pretty good. Suprise, surprise he got booked - probably be a weekly occurance. Did you see that Jamie Brooks got injured in training and is out for a month....wonder who caused that?
Old Jan 16th 2005, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
Hawks win 1-0 at St Albans in the FA Trophy. Essex minnows Bill & Ricky let a 2-0 lead slip as Exeter claim another draw. Does this make the mockneys as good as man ure ?

Lookslike another good trophy run could see me planning a flight back to blighty in may for the final, would be a once in a life time effort so make the most of etc. Hendsford Town ( division below us ) won it last season.
Barrow won 2 to the 1 home to Scarborough, which is a bit of a result for them (current league season is a stinker).
Any ideas when the next round is going to be drawn ? I assume it will be Monday.

Edit:

Faaaanfoookin' tastic.
- There's an über-geek over on the Britportal who just post something about an old,old Windows game I used to play for endless hours and couldn't stop playing. It's that good and that annoying.
His actual post didn't seem to have a point, but it did remind me about it.
So after a quick Google I am now wasting my time again with:

SkiFree
Simple cheats - press "s" and it slows down. Press "f" and it speeds up (and you can speed yourself past that bloody monster thing at the end.)

Last edited by Webbie; Jan 16th 2005 at 3:17 pm.
Old Jan 16th 2005, 3:38 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute
Default All we are saying...

..is give us some creativity in midfield and a striker who can score. Fox ache, we haven't scored in 413 minutes of league football.

Anyone seen "Eurotrip"? It's a complete pile of pants and Vinnie Jones is in it as a football hooligan who supports the "greatest football team in the world...Manchester United". Wonder how much they had to pay him to say that? None of the ManU fans in the film are wearing replica tops, probably because the club refused permission for them to wear official clothing - they all go to France in a double decker bus (driving on the left all the way), swear a lot and beat up Europeans.
Old Jan 16th 2005, 3:55 pm

Default Re: All we are saying...

Originally Posted by DaveC
..is give us some creativity in midfield and a striker who can score. Fox ache, we haven't scored in 413 minutes of league football.
To continue what I started to say yesterday:
"Five goal thrilla for the Hearts. (Puts them within shouting distance of Aberdeen, who edit lost to Celtic today)"
Why do all the other teams in the SPL lie down and take it like a man ?
Got to sort out that division...
Originally Posted by DaveC
Anyone seen "Eurotrip"? It's a complete pile of pants and Vinnie Jones is in it ....
Thank you for doing your suffering for us.
*Hands over the the penknife*

Two for the shitvidlist now:
Nap Dynamite.
Eurotrip.
Old Jan 16th 2005, 4:27 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All we are saying...

To continue what I started to say yesterday:
"Five goal thrilla for the Hearts. (Puts them within shouting distance of Aberdeen, who edit lost to Celtic today)"
Why do all the other teams in the SPL lie down and take it like a man ?
Got to sort out that division...
Oh puh-lease, losing 1-0 to the Tims is hardly lying down to them. Did not read you my post, Jedi young? Apparently there is no-one who can create chances for our hugely succesful strike force. If we'd beaten the tatty munchers today then that would have been three wins out of 3 over them in the last 9 months. They scored off a deflection and neither keeper had a save to make in the second half.*

*Indignant ranting based on match report supplied from official AFC website. Third party review not available until online edition of The Scotsman posted. And if my granny had had balls then she would have been my grandad.
Old Jan 16th 2005, 7:49 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Fantasy team had a cracking week...more of you guys should join in for a laugh
Old Jan 17th 2005, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by Bob
Fantasy team had a cracking week...more of you guys should join in for a laugh
As I said a couple of posts ago we did a Brit Expat Fantasy League but I think we all lost interest. The prediction league works better because it takes the minimum amout of effort on everyone's behalf.
Bunch of lazy bastard regards.

But in related - if you had to name a fantasy line-up right now I'm sure nearly everyone would have Maldini in there.
20 years in the game.

Stand up and pay your respects:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared/...all/html/1.stm
Old Jan 17th 2005, 4:31 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

But in related - if you had to name a fantasy line-up right now I'm sure nearly everyone would have Maldini in there.
20 years in the game.
he is the man...and so were Sampadoria back in the day, use to support them when they showed footie italia on c4
Old Jan 17th 2005, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

FA Trophy 4th Round

Grays Athletic v Havant & Waterlooville
Altrincham v Barrow

**** it, Grays are pissing our league ( +50 odd goal difference )
Old Jan 17th 2005, 11:32 am
100% Pure

Default Italiano! Di Calcio!

Originally Posted by Bob
he is the man...and so were Sampadoria back in the day, use to support them when they showed footie italia on c4
Ah, watching Italian football on a cold Sunday afternoon. Those were the days. Stop it Bob, I'm tearing up here. Goooooal-accio, isn't it? James Richardson - marvellous commentator. Divine Ponytails for goalposts and pink sports newspapers.

Sunday morning on C4 used to be fun too when they had their Orstralian theme. They showed the Aussie Rules footy and I remember racing back from my paper round to watch "The Henderson Kids" which was Kylie's first big acting break. Oops, I've said too much now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.