Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Birmingham - it's not shit

Birmingham - it's not shit

Old Sep 18th 2003, 11:36 am
Oxymath and eremite

Stumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the rough

If it's Birmingham, shoudn't it be "It's not Shite"?

Is there a campaign for "Biarritz, C'est ne pas Merde"? If not, there should be. It needs all the help it can get. God, what a dump...

Last edited by Stumpyguy; Sep 18th 2003 at 11:38 am.
Old Sep 18th 2003, 12:48 pm
Only the Strong Survive

JerseyBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

In the name of honesty and balance, I think perhaps I should start a "Coventry - it is shit" campaign. Probably an even worse and god-forsaken hole than Brum. I've never met anyone from Cov who speaks well of it.

(Sorry Dawn).
Old Sep 19th 2003, 1:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, but Brum is miles better than Coventry. We have 50% more motorway in terms of lane miles than Cov.

Also Brum won a civic award for excellence from the Concrete Commission in 1972. Not many places that can say that!

Also, to keep the riff raff out from the US, it costs twice as much to fly from NYC to Brum than to London. See, it's really going places.....!

I was on Broad Street the other week, and indugled in the local tradition of drinking as much as you can before 11pm, throwing up in the street, going for a curry, then throwing up again. Brill!
Old Sep 19th 2003, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

But, it beats the crap out of Birmingham Alabama I hear
Old Sep 19th 2003, 5:00 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

If your going to have blantantly lying websites like "Birmingham, its not shit" what other ones in the same veign are going to sprout up

Ireland, its a bastion of sobriety
Blair, he didn't lie to go to war
Arsenal, will win the Champions league this year
Bush, knows his arse from his elbow
Basketball, its not a sport played by freaks
Scotland, Moron free for a 1000 years
Anal Sex, your girlfriend wants to do it really
France, voted nicest people in the world for the 20th year running
Tony in Oregon, neither deluded or a wanker
Macdonalds, because globalisation is good
Iraq, because its worth it
Britney Spears, can sing, dance and is beautiful
David Blaine, people care really
Princess Dianna, really was the peoples princess and not a manipulating bitch
Old Sep 19th 2003, 7:58 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Lived there for 3 years, have to agree, its beyond Shit!
Old Sep 19th 2003, 8:42 am
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Patrick
If your going to have blantantly lying websites like "Birmingham, its not shit" what other ones in the same veign are going to sprout up

Ireland, its a bastion of sobriety
Blair, he didn't lie to go to war
Arsenal, will win the Champions league this year
Bush, knows his arse from his elbow
Basketball, its not a sport played by freaks
Scotland, Moron free for a 1000 years
Anal Sex, your girlfriend wants to do it really
France, voted nicest people in the world for the 20th year running
Tony in Oregon, neither deluded or a wanker
Macdonalds, because globalisation is good
Iraq, because its worth it
Britney Spears, can sing, dance and is beautiful
David Blaine, people care really
Princess Dianna, really was the peoples princess and not a manipulating bitch
Wow you are a bitter old fart aren't you? lol

Here's another couple for you then Twatrick.
Patrick in NC is genuinely intelligent and always has knockout witty replies.

Patrick never uses words he doesn’t know the meaning of...such as deluded.

Patrick is an Engineer who works for Boeing and not the guy who fixes the coffee machine.

Last edited by tony_2003; Sep 19th 2003 at 9:43 am.
Old Sep 19th 2003, 9:46 am
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

LOL

Oh I must behave and not respond to the anti Scottishness of Patrick.

If the Feds discover that all the wind in NC was coming from him he would be deported.

Making call to feds now......
Old Sep 19th 2003, 11:13 am

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

I've never been to Brum even though I have 20 relatives on my Christmas card list that live there! Soooo all I can say if it wasn't for Birmingham we wouldn't have had "Brookside"!
Old Sep 19th 2003, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Poshpaws is an unknown quantity at this point

Birmingham?

Isn't that a poor relation to Nottingham? All dog turds and how shall I say this? Hmm..be politically correct here now. Foreigners?
Old Sep 19th 2003, 12:57 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by BrigieDarling
I've never been to Brum even though I have 20 relatives on my Christmas card list that live there! Soooo all I can say if it wasn't for Birmingham we wouldn't have had "Brookside"!

Brookside was set in LIVERPOOL.

However, if it's connections with dreary soaps you want, wasn't Crossroads set in Birmingham?

And I'd rather live in Birmingham than Milton Keynes.
Old Sep 19th 2003, 1:24 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Poshpaws
Birmingham?

Isn't that a poor relation to Nottingham? All dog turds and how shall I say this? Hmm..be politically correct here now. Foreigners?
Gee poshpaws, It's surprising that someone as tolerant as yourself would bring up the subject of foreigners...after all your post about Muslims and Enoch Powell's "wisdom" http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=177822 was a great advert for world harmony

And by the way are you not actually a foreigner yourself right now?
Old Sep 19th 2003, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

Poshpaws is an unknown quantity at this point

Greetings to you too Tony!

A foreigner I surely am..as you are too I believe. I think the flea up your bum is a little more active than mine though. You seem to latch on to anything for a good fisticuffs. Well, I'm not biting, so sling your hook in another direction old son.

To think I helped you with air fares to the UK as well. Such gratitude.
Old Sep 19th 2003, 1:47 pm
Get em out by Friday

Originally posted by Poshpaws
Greetings to you too Tony!

A foreigner I surely am..as you are too I believe. I think the flea up your bum is a little more active than mine though. You seem to latch on to anything for a good fisticuffs. Well, I'm not biting, so sling your hook in another direction old son.

To think I helped you with air fares to the UK as well. Such gratitude.
Yes well I'm sure your views would be most welcome on the KKK forum if they have one, might wanna pop over there so we don't need to hear about them.
Old Sep 19th 2003, 2:07 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by nathan barley
I've noticed there isn't a "Middlesbrough - It's not shit" website, because everyone has come to the realisation that it is.
Oi - thats only true of the people that have BEEN there...of the rest, 50% THINK its probably shite, 49% couldn't give a toss cos they're never going to go anywhere near it, just in case, and the other 1% are hoping to be move there (ie upwardly mobile Brummies)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.