Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Beware Virgin Atlantic!!!

Beware Virgin Atlantic!!!

Old Dec 3rd 2005, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

Glasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to all
Default Re: Beware Virgin Atlantic!!!

Originally Posted by mrcusa
Thanks!!

What address did you use for the man himself please?

Virgin Atlantic, Manor Royal, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9NU, UK.

I took the 'I like flying Virgin Atlantic but I'm so disappointed in you' approach rather than an angry complaint letter and it seemed to work. Explained that we fly back and forward so much and have lots of people visit us and feel that we have to tell them not to fly Virgin until they could explain and reassure us that their service would improve.

I was just moaning to them though about broken seats, meal problems, etc and not asking for a refund. But I reckon it's worth a shot - good luck!
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

jamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Thydney
One airline that surprsed me was British Midland excellent value for money and you could actually eat the food
I agree with you there. I flew BMI last December. Tickets were dirt cheap and the service was excellent .
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 11:59 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Always fly with AA. We're platinum flyers so we get lots of lovely perks. I called them from the UK once and they kept me on hold and passed me around in a loop so I complained. They gave me 1000 free air miles for my trouble.

Good luck with your complaint.
oooh a whole 1000 air miles..that should be enough to get you at least..ooohh say....to the end of the runway.
Old Dec 4th 2005, 12:01 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Thydney
One airline that surprsed me was British Midland excellent value for money and you could actually eat the food
Suprised me too, we had to pedal.
Old Dec 4th 2005, 1:00 am
BE Enthusiast

kevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond repute

I would also recommend you specify in the letter what recompense would make you happy - whether it be a refund, frequent flyer miles, upgrade or whatever. Never hurts to ask.

And I hope mrcusa has learned their lesson about trying to use the return portion of a ticket when you didn't use the outbound portion.

I learnt this lesson a hard way too. I was flying SFO - Newark - London and messed up my departure time. I read the Newark departure time as the SFO departure time. AA put me on the next available flight when I turned up late at SFO.

But when it came time to check in at LHR for the return journey, I was stunned to find my reservation had been cancelled (because I didn't make the original outbound journey as it transpired). All fairness to them, AA created a new reservation for me there and then, so I could catch the flight back. Got a crappy seat though - but under the circumstances I couldn't complain. It was all my own stupid fault.

Originally Posted by Glasgowgirl
Virgin Atlantic, Manor Royal, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9NU, UK.

I took the 'I like flying Virgin Atlantic but I'm so disappointed in you' approach rather than an angry complaint letter and it seemed to work. Explained that we fly back and forward so much and have lots of people visit us and feel that we have to tell them not to fly Virgin until they could explain and reassure us that their service would improve.

I was just moaning to them though about broken seats, meal problems, etc and not asking for a refund. But I reckon it's worth a shot - good luck!
Old Dec 4th 2005, 1:59 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
oooh a whole 1000 air miles..that should be enough to get you at least..ooohh say....to the end of the runway.
For a 20 minute phone call that would work out to me getting...oooohh say...33,000 miles at the same rate on a transatlantic flight. Not a bad goodwill gesture on their part I'd say. Contrasts nicely with the OP's experience. Which was my point.
Old Dec 4th 2005, 3:15 am
Account Closed

For a 20 minute phone call that would work out to me getting...oooohh say...33,000 miles at the same rate on a transatlantic flight. Not a bad goodwill gesture on their part I'd say. Contrasts nicely with the OP's experience. Which was my point.
I wasn't aiming that comment at you, more towards the fact that the whole air miles scam pisses me off. They should call them "Air inches". According to all the sources I checked its a round trip of around 7000 miles from JFK to Heathrow..so how many air miles should I need.....16,000 odd??? WTF is all that about? Are we going via the moon?
Old Dec 4th 2005, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

If you fly enough, you'll find something bad about every airline, I know, because I think I've used just about everyone more than once. BA and United would be my first choices due to being let down or disappointed the least during my travelling with them.
Old Dec 4th 2005, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Lizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to all

I had no idea of the 'use all tickets' rule until this year, when a friend came out with AA, did a load of internal flights, but didn't take one of them as he was driven to the destination by a friend instead. By the time he got to us he was on the homeward stretch, tried to check in at our airport and found his flights had been cancelled just because he didn't travel one leg of the journey. No amount of pleading mattered. In the end he had to part with another $450 to get back to the UK. So, as far as he's concerned he won't fly with them again. But the airlines don't give a stuff about that.
Old Dec 4th 2005, 4:17 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't aiming that comment at you, more towards the fact that the whole air miles scam pisses me off. They should call them "Air inches". According to all the sources I checked its a round trip of around 7000 miles from JFK to Heathrow..so how many air miles should I need.....16,000 odd??? WTF is all that about? Are we going via the moon?
A more liberal use of smilies is recommended!
Old Dec 4th 2005, 7:40 am
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
If you fly enough, you'll find something bad about every airline, I know, because I think I've used just about everyone more than once. BA and United would be my first choices due to being let down or disappointed the least during my travelling with them.
exactly, no airline is perfect, all airlines f$%k up every now and then!!

Ant
Old Dec 4th 2005, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

mrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant future

Why don't they print on the ticket or confirmation, "If you do not complete any sector the ticket will be cancelled"?

Probably because they like the opportunity to catch people for extra money when they are tired at airports and need to get home!

Martin
Old Dec 4th 2005, 1:05 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

..... and have always flown with Virgin. Usually have cheaper tickets, light years better in flight entertainment and they keep you supplied with coke .....
I guess that Virgin are great then, ... but only for dwarves and those with both legs amputated above the knee! (I have never flown in a plane with as little leg room as I did on a Virgin 747 - talk about packing 'em in! )
Old Dec 4th 2005, 1:30 pm
Account Closed

A more liberal use of smilies is recommended!
OK
Old Dec 4th 2005, 2:45 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I guess that Virgin are great then, ... but only for dwarves and those with both legs amputated above the knee! (I have never flown in a plane with as little leg room as I did on a Virgin 747 - talk about packing 'em in! )
Aer lingus are pretty bad in that department too and they have the sureliest stewardesses known to man (except for easyjet and ryanair obviously)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.