Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

best gun to own in houston, texas

best gun to own in houston, texas

Old Jan 9th 2006, 6:08 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: best gun to own in houston, texas

Originally Posted by bright spark
i just want to say thanks to all the replys so far what a laugh, i was told by my texan bud post a gun thread and all the nuts, do gooders and hippys will reply.
funny he was right

and has he says a gun is for life and not just for christmas

What visa are you coming over on? You can only purchase a firearm (legally ) on a green card. And then only after 3 months continuous residency. Also make sure the FBI have your current address (AR-10's anyone?) or you'll get denied at the fed check.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 6:26 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
What visa are you coming over on? You can only purchase a firearm (legally ) on a green card. And then only after 3 months continuous residency. Also make sure the FBI have your current address (AR-10's anyone?) or you'll get denied at the fed check.
You got that all wrong ..I'm surprised ... your thinking carry ..

even down to the AR11 form ....
Old Jan 9th 2006, 6:26 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

I like my Glock 19, I've put about 600 rounds through it so far at the range

I just need a IWB holster now
Old Jan 9th 2006, 6:31 am
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
I like my Glock 19, I've put about 600 rounds through it so far at the range

I just need a IWB holster now
aren't they pricey - the Glock, not the holster ?
Old Jan 9th 2006, 6:32 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
I like my Glock 19, I've put about 600 rounds through it so far at the range I just need a IWB holster now
My personal favorite ... got 4 version of it ..

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod...er_w_clip.html

in horse of course ...
Old Jan 9th 2006, 6:37 am
bright spark

Arrow Re: best gun to own in houston, texas

we will have green cards, and all the happiness that comes with them and three months is nothing compared with the time we have been waiting to get them

Old Jan 9th 2006, 6:50 am
Ray

Originally Posted by TN-Dave
aren't they pricey - the Glock, not the holster ?
Google is your friend.. prices vary by model
say tops $600
Old Jan 9th 2006, 7:05 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ray
You got that all wrong ..I'm surprised ... your thinking carry ..

even down to the AR11 form ....
Er yeah its an AR-11. God knows why I put AR-10....must be over worked.

Carry on a GC, Yep, had to wait for the wee card before I could do the course. The 3 months is for sure though as I had to give em 3 months worth of util bills for the purchase form as a non-USC even with my CCW.

...Time for some shut eye I think.

Last edited by Angry White Pyjamas; Jan 9th 2006 at 7:07 am.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 7:09 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
Google is your friend.. prices vary by model
say tops $600
Did I tell you I got the worlds cheapest (new) Beretta 92FS? The gunshop made a mistake on the invoice and I ended up getting it for $100 under wholesale list...I offered to give em the difference but they said nah as I had put a fair bit of business their way.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 7:11 am
Ray

Er yeah its an AR-11. God knows why I put AR-10....must be over worked.

Carry on a GC, Yep, had to wait for the wee card before I could do the course. The 3 months is for sure though as I had to give em 3 months worth of util bills for the purchase form as a non-USC even with my CCW.

...Time for some shut eye I think.
You had Armalite AR-10 on the brain ...

you could have purchased privately ...with just an DL
to purchase thru a dealer you need a SSN ...

of course that is FL ..texas may be different ..
Old Jan 9th 2006, 7:12 am
Ray

Did I tell you I got the worlds cheapest (new) Beretta 92FS? The gunshop made a mistake on the invoice and I ended up getting it for $100 under wholesale list...I offered to give em the difference but they said nah as I had put a fair bit of business their way.
they will get it back over a time ..
Old Jan 9th 2006, 7:13 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
You had Armalite AR-10 on the brain ...

you could have purchased privately ...with just an DL
to purchase you need a SSN ...
LOL yep....now thats put me in mind of what my new years purchase should be...

Thats true. Private purchase is a doddle...
Old Jan 9th 2006, 7:14 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
they will get it back over a time ..
No doubt....much to my wifes disgust
Old Jan 9th 2006, 7:18 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TRPardoe
<snip>
On the Hunting side of things; Texas, being TX, has millions of gun ranges etc. Every single one of your neighbours will either be a hunter or know someone who is a hunter. Just ask around when you get here. They will all want to show you their gun collections anyway.
<snip>

What a load of bollocks.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 7:20 am
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by Leslie66
What a load of bollocks.
They may want to show you those too !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.