Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

best gun to own in houston, texas

best gun to own in houston, texas

Old Jan 9th 2006, 2:38 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: best gun to own in houston, texas

Originally Posted by ironporer
Not to quibble, but I quote Dirty Harry himself:
I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?
A title now held by the Model 500 S&W Magnum revolver. and believe me you need the most powerful wrist in the world to use it with the heavy load ..
Old Jan 9th 2006, 2:40 am
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
Not to quibble, but I quote Dirty Harry himself:

I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?
The dubious title of "Most Powerful Handgun" is now held by the S&W Model 500. This 5.2lb monster fires a .50 caliber bullet and would presumably stop a charging elephant or grizzly. It is intened for hunting, although the reason why anyone goes hunting with a handgun still evades me.

BTW - this hand cannon only holds 5 shots due to the size of the cartridge.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 2:41 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TRPardoe
The dubious title of "Most Powerful Handgun" is now held by the S&W Model 500. This 5.2lb monster fires a .50 caliber bullet and would presumably stop a charging elephant or grizzly. It is intened for hunting, although the reason why anyone goes hunting with a handgun still evades me.

BTW - this hand cannon only holds 5 shots due to the size of the cartridge.
late again terry ...
Old Jan 9th 2006, 2:41 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG

Is there some kind of feud running here that I'm not aware off ??
People in Austin are as likely to own a slingshot as a handgun.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 2:42 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Britdrinker
, anyone can walk into Walmart and buy a shotgun though, which is a bit scary.
that is scary but then this lot quote some Amendment to the Bill of Rights that states they can protect themselves... shame when you hear daily about children getting possession of the guns negligently left lying around ...
Old Jan 9th 2006, 2:43 am
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
late again terry ...
Shucks, god'darn it, yeehaa, dad gum (as my neighbour says).

Anyhoo - my post had more words than yours so took longer to type and proof read.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 2:52 am
Ray

Originally Posted by TruBrit
get me outta here...gun happy M.Fu***rs :scared:
Go stroke your pussy !!!!
Old Jan 9th 2006, 2:55 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray
Go stroke your pussy !!!!
er plural pls..you aint forgot I've got two
Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:01 am
Ray

Originally Posted by TruBrit
er plural pls..you aint forgot I've got two
Just the bald one then ..
Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bright spark
can some body tell what is the best gun to own , price range ,best place to buy and the best place to learn how to handle it and any where that has good hunting when i'm up to scratch moving there in 2 weeks and i'm fixing to be texan.

Strange really, but it's been a while since this was the wild west
If you want to hunt then you need to head for the hill country or East Texas.
And if you're "fixing to be a Texan" in Houston you need to be prepare yourself to life in the most hot/humid city in the South. Welcome to Houston
Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:21 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TN-Dave
Sounds like my neighbours... "Hey, y'all have to come over and see my new guns I got for Xmas"... I guess you never run out of gift ideas - just get people more ammo
We have that here too. One of them said 'It just ain't Christmas unless you get something you can kill someone with!'. I laughed, cuz I know he only said it because he knows how I feel, plus he gave me a little look & smile as he said it! They're cops, but a lot of American's that I've met actually feel this way! Sad, but true.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:21 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Oooh noes guns....woe is me and dismay. were all going to die horribly. how can mere mortals be entrusted with something like a gun?
Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:27 am
Ray

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
something like a gun?
or 16 ...
Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:28 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ray
or 16 ...
I'm sadly lacking...only got 8 at the moment. I feel a new years splurge on something nice...
Old Jan 9th 2006, 5:47 am
bright spark

Talking Re: best gun to own in houston, texas

i just want to say thanks to all the replys so far what a laugh, i was told by my texan bud post a gun thread and all the nuts, do gooders and hippys will reply.
funny he was right

and has he says a gun is for life and not just for christmas

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.