Reload this Page >

Best Cities for Jobs

Best Cities for Jobs

Old Feb 4th 2011, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

EverettM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best Cities for Jobs

Originally Posted by Volt61
errmm...you're affected,.one way or the other.
if you're breathing and living on Planet Earth, you're affected.
The way I'm affected is getting a pay check each month.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 1:05 pm
Banned

Volt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by EverettM
The way I'm affected is getting a pay check each month.
dream on..
Old Feb 4th 2011, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

EverettM is an unknown quantity at this point

dream on..
Seems real enough when I cash it at the bank...
Old Feb 4th 2011, 5:04 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody mentioned specialization so i don't understand why you would make reference to it.
And there are few people that have such a level of specialization that there is NOTHING available in any given place.
I was just referencing your comment about Austin and Dallas being "better choices" than Houston. I love Austin, and would like to live there, but it would be totally unrealistic for my (former) career - there simply are not any jobs there for that, so for me they would not be "better choices" unless I was looking for a career change. In the US there are probably only 3 or 4 cities that would cater to it, and the only one in Texas is Houston. Pretty much the same for my wife. Conversely my sister in law who is in Austin, but wants to move to Houston to be close to the rest of the family cannot find a comparable job in her field here. So sometimes choice of career may dictate choice of city.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weebie
Will be heading off to the States Early next year for work. I'll will have completed my marketing degree by then and as such do a bit of work for a small resource company plus other hospitality related jobs.

I already hold Dual Australian United States passports so visa is no issue.

Minneapolis, Chicago, Houston Seattle, Los Angeles, San Fran, New York...Which one of these cities has the best job prospects?
Sounds like you are very flexible, so why narrow it down to just those cities? The city with the best job prospects.....is the one you can get a job in!