Beer

Old Dec 12th 2009, 7:18 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beer

Got to put a plug in for Bridgeport Brewing in Portland OR. The brewmaster was the first to go to the UK and come back to microbrew ales instead of the German stuff that was going in the early days.
One of the first in the US for cask conditioned (at the proper temp) and an excellent IPA.
My luck, I don't drink beer much anymore.
http://www.bridgeportbrew.com/#/our_beers/
Old Dec 12th 2009, 8:23 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Got to put a plug in for Bridgeport Brewing in Portland OR. The brewmaster was the first to go to the UK and come back to microbrew ales instead of the German stuff that was going in the early days.
One of the first in the US for cask conditioned (at the proper temp) and an excellent IPA.
Yay - Bridgeport!!!

Mrs tonrob and I spent a few excellent days in Portland a couple of years ago. You may have noticed the smell.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 9:01 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
Yay - Bridgeport!!!

Mrs tonrob and I spent a few excellent days in Portland a couple of years ago. You may have noticed the smell.
hmmm, I wrote it off to Camas at the time... but now that you mention it.....
Old Dec 12th 2009, 9:04 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

hmmm, I wrote it off to Camas at the time... but now that you mention it.....
Wow! Tacoma* has a challenger!

* The aroma of Tacoma is best described as a combination of broccoli and wet, hobo, ass.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 9:58 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse

* The aroma of Tacoma is best described as a combination of broccoli and wet, hobo, ass.
Poetry
Old Dec 12th 2009, 10:28 pm

aka "Stinkoma"
Old Dec 12th 2009, 10:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Prolly a stupid question, but what's IPA?
Old Dec 12th 2009, 11:14 pm

aka "Stinkoma"
Careful! You might get accused of poetry!
Old Dec 12th 2009, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by Toontje
India Pale Ale.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 11:16 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toontje
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India_Pale_Ale

India or Imperial Pale Ale...bit lighter in colour with a fair bit of ABV in a nutshell.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 11:30 pm

Careful! You might get accused of poetry!
I have a funny poetry story but this doesn't seem the place...

(the Sinkoma poem is about the Aroma of Stinkoma...)

edit: strangely enough, and on topic, the smell of beer cooking isn't all that nice. When we first moved here, the Henry Weinhard brewery was right downtown & my classmates had to edumacate me on that one. They finally moved the brewery out of state (?!). Right about the time I moved downwind from the Widmere brothers.
I guess you get used to it.

Last edited by meauxna; Dec 12th 2009 at 11:32 pm.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

Floridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud of

OMG. my wife and I, drove from Seattle to Portland a few years ago, and I was in heaven. So many breweries and beer Restaurants, it was unbelievable. No big brewers. just local companies, what a treat!
Old Dec 13th 2009, 2:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

edit: strangely enough, and on topic, the smell of beer cooking isn't all that nice.
That's the understatement of the year. Beer distilleries (is that the right term?) smell downright foul.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 2:52 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
Beer distilleries (is that the right term?)
the word you're looking for is brewery

how was your w/e in New York?
Old Dec 13th 2009, 3:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
the word you're looking for is brewery

how was your w/e in New York?
Thank you - that's exactly what I was trying to think of - I must be losing my mind. Will send you a PM re: New York.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.