Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Barack Hussain Obama...........

Barack Hussain Obama...........

Old Dec 14th 2006, 11:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Barack Hussain Obama...........

A functionally senile President sounds attractive to me.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 2:18 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
Call me a pedantic git (and you wouldn't be the first) but George Bush sr had been president for the best part of a year when the Berlin wall came down. How much credit he and Reagan (who was functionally senile by the last few years of his presidency) can take for the collapse of the communist bloc remains very much open to debate, and there's plenty of stuff about the Reagan administration that does warrant the description "cock-up".
Thanks for that. Couldn't have put it better myself. The milky bars are on me!
Old Dec 15th 2006, 2:22 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BE Widow
A bit off topic, but only a bit. Has anyone else noticed that there has been a recent increase in media ads (in the US) that feature models looking like Obama?

BTW - He'll get my vote.
No I have not noticed .... do you remember any of the brand names?

He'll get my vote too. He's good for America, IMO.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 4:31 am

mdyoung is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Leslie66
He's good for America, IMO.
OH Please Democrats run him in 2008. LOL
Old Dec 15th 2006, 3:24 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

He doesn't like queers, so he's out in my book. Plus I get the feeling he's oh so fabricated to appeal to the "minorities" (obviously as long as they're not gay). I vote for Hillary....well I would if I could but I can't.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 3:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rockgurl
He doesn't like queers, so he's out in my book. Plus I get the feeling he's oh so fabricated to appeal to the "minorities" (obviously as long as they're not gay). I vote for Hillary....well I would if I could but I can't.

I wouldn't if I could and I might be able not to.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 4:01 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I wouldn't if I could and I might be able not to.
OK...thank you....I am confused enough without you adding to it!
Old Dec 15th 2006, 4:07 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

More than likely he is secretly is secretly can then and is therefore to be sympathised with because of his fear of exposure. Poor man, he gets my pretend vote!
Old Dec 15th 2006, 4:22 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

If the New York Columnist can be believed, the minorities don't think much of him. They don't consider him Black because of his mixed race and also because he has not experienced being Black in America (inner city or southern) because of his middle class background in a state off the mainland.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

aragorngw has a reputation beyond reputearagorngw has a reputation beyond reputearagorngw has a reputation beyond reputearagorngw has a reputation beyond reputearagorngw has a reputation beyond reputearagorngw has a reputation beyond reputearagorngw has a reputation beyond reputearagorngw has a reputation beyond reputearagorngw has a reputation beyond reputearagorngw has a reputation beyond reputearagorngw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
If the New York Columnist can be believed, the minorities don't think much of him. They don't consider him Black because of his mixed race and also because he has not experienced being Black in America (inner city or southern) because of his middle class background in a state off the mainland.
Yes, and this is something he is aware of and actually has been a large part of his life trying to find this connection to Black America. However, his work in Illinois before going to Harvard shows that he is a hard working guy who wants the best for his "constituents" regardless of race. That, to me, should outweigh the middle class background in Hawaii. He also grew up as a foreigner in Indonesia, so he has the background having to struggle as an outsider. It would be a bad thing if the Black community were to reject someone as "not black enough".
Old Dec 15th 2006, 4:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aragorngw
Yes, and this is something he is aware of and actually has been a large part of his life trying to find this connection to Black America. However, his work in Illinois before going to Harvard shows that he is a hard working guy who wants the best for his "constituents" regardless of race. That, to me, should outweigh the middle class background in Hawaii. He also grew up as a foreigner in Indonesia, so he has the background having to struggle as an outsider. It would be a bad thing if the Black community were to reject someone as "not black enough".
I bet I know who most Black people would vote for if it were "Joe Republican" Vs. "A Half Black/Half White" Democrat.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 4:51 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I bet I know who most Black people would vote for if it were "Joe Republican" Vs. "A Half Black/Half White" Democrat.
You beat me to it. I would expect the vast majority of black people to vote for Obama before pretty much any of these people:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Officia...can_candidates

BTW McCain will be 72 years old in 2008. Doesn't that alone count against him?
Old Dec 15th 2006, 5:25 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
You beat me to it. I would expect the vast majority of black people to vote for Obama before pretty much any of these people:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Officia...can_candidates

BTW McCain will be 72 years old in 2008. Doesn't that alone count against him?
I've not heard of half of those folks...hmmm...