Argh

Old Dec 11th 2010, 4:31 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Argh

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Border control in Texas can be very weird. Even years ago, before 9/11, just going through border control near Corpus we were pulled aside and questioned for almost an hour and that was after having our Green Card checked out so I would say a Passport as well isn't a bad idea

wow you must look strange
I personaly have never had any problem with boarder patrol in Texas or Arizona just showed them green card and get waved through..
Old Dec 11th 2010, 4:40 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by candy wy.
wow you must look strange
I personaly have never had any problem with boarder patrol in Texas or Arizona just showed them green card and get waved through..

It's not me that looks strange....it's the weird guy that I'm married to
Old Dec 11th 2010, 4:54 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if you are going to look for work or just travel, but I can tell you for sure that my husbands company are hunting for staff right now.

Its seasonal, through til around March, De-icing planes on 3rd shift - pays about $12.50 an hour, but there is overtime as well.

I know alot of people won't move from their comfort zone when it comes to jobs, but If you want to stay it could help you bridge that no -income gap until you find something you want to do.

So if you want to head over to KY.......
Old Dec 13th 2010, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond repute

Well folks, I just made it to Houston last night ( I didnt drive in the end) where my friend came by the airport and picked me up and am now staying at his house. A sense of relief on one hand ( that I now have a roof over my head) but a sense of dread for the future too, especially income related!

At least for now, Im not in hotels or anything like that.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Moonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ginblossom
Well folks, I just made it to Houston last night ( I didnt drive in the end) where my friend came by the airport and picked me up and am now staying at his house. A sense of relief on one hand ( that I now have a roof over my head) but a sense of dread for the future too, especially income related!

At least for now, Im not in hotels or anything like that.
Good luck in Texas. Keep us apprised of your progress.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 4:38 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nettlebed
Tombstone? Tourist trap par excellence. If you're down that way visit Kartchner Caverns, and (believing GB to be a high-quality nerd) the Titan Missile Base at Sahuarita, south of Tucson.
If you've ever seen caves before, Kartchner Cavers isn't worth it (in my opinion). Carlsbad Caverns is much better, in NM. Kartchner was dinky. If it's the first cave you've ever seen, then you'll find it interesting.

Rene
Old Dec 15th 2010, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moonshadow_Girl
Good luck in Texas. Keep us apprised of your progress.
Day three technically. Able to relax slightly now without imminent threat of eviction and actually managed to sleep for a bit the other night for the first time in weeks.

Been pounding the net for jobs, and applying for jobs ( seems like a fulltime job in and of itself!) and just awaiting on my car to arrive, hopefully soon, so I can get around more easily.

Whilst anything is far from comfortable, it is at least better than the alternative which would have been sleeping in my car. Thanks to everyone for the p'messages and support provided. It frankly has been the most awful and terrifying period of my life and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. When I tell people my story, they think Im making it up, its so almost unbelievable!
Old Dec 15th 2010, 3:03 pm

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute

Are you staying in Houston, or moving on to Austin? My brother lives in Houston and I could ask him if he knows of any jobs going. He'll want to know what kind of stuff you're looking for.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

IN a sign of perhaps things may be getting better, I received official confirmation that my Masters degree has been awarded, with Merit status.
( so technically better than just passing!)

I am very happy about that because it took me two years to do whilst working fulltime in a demanding job and also doing the whole emigrating thing as well.

So now I have a Masters of Science as well as a Bachelors. Can only help the job search me thinks....
Old Dec 20th 2010, 10:53 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Great news, Ginblossom. I hope this means that things are starting to turn around for you, just in time to start a new year. All the best.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 11:20 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

So now I have a Masters of Science as well as a Bachelors.
Wonderful news! Mazel tov!

Ian
Old Dec 21st 2010, 7:39 am

EU_Girl has much to be proud ofEU_Girl has much to be proud ofEU_Girl has much to be proud ofEU_Girl has much to be proud ofEU_Girl has much to be proud ofEU_Girl has much to be proud ofEU_Girl has much to be proud ofEU_Girl has much to be proud ofEU_Girl has much to be proud ofEU_Girl has much to be proud ofEU_Girl has much to be proud of

Congratulation! Do not forget to celebrate it with some drink, beer perhaps?

IN a sign of perhaps things may be getting better, I received official confirmation that my Masters degree has been awarded, with Merit status.
( so technically better than just passing!)

I am very happy about that because it took me two years to do whilst working fulltime in a demanding job and also doing the whole emigrating thing as well.

So now I have a Masters of Science as well as a Bachelors. Can only help the job search me thinks....
Old Dec 21st 2010, 6:13 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, great to see hard work pay off.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

I am so genuinely happy for you. Signs of new beginnings! Lots of wishes!
Old Dec 21st 2010, 10:54 pm
Just Joined

Michka is just really niceMichka is just really niceMichka is just really niceMichka is just really niceMichka is just really niceMichka is just really niceMichka is just really niceMichka is just really nice

Houston is a great town, lots of different industry, and I know there are plenty of folks on the forum who live in the area. Hopefully good advice and support will abound.

I'm an Austin girl, myself, and can tell you that it is a FAB town, depending on the person. Don't know you at all, so can't comment on what you might like in particular.

What kind of work are you looking for (other than paying, and starting immediately ).

Congrats on the Masters!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.