Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone flown Atlanta-Gatwick on Delta recently?

Anyone flown Atlanta-Gatwick on Delta recently?

Old Jan 19th 2011, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone flown Atlanta-Gatwick on Delta recently?

Planning to go back to Blighty for some proper tea and bacon sandwiches in May

When we flew here in early '08 with Delta out of Gatwick the outbound plane did not have seat back TV's, the return (ATL -LGW) did have them. Just wondering if anyone has flown this route recently and if they have upgraded the airplanes since then.

Ta muchly.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 7:27 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone flown Atlanta-Gatwick on Delta recently?

Originally Posted by The Horticulturalist
When we flew here in early '08 with Delta out of Gatwick the outbound plane did not have seat back TV's, the return (ATL -LGW) did have them. Just wondering if anyone has flown this route recently and if they have upgraded the airplanes since then.
I don't think Delta still flies from Atlanta to London? We booked ATL-LHR in summer 08 and was routed via JFK because just that week, Atlanta stopped it's nonstop flights to London. Better check on that first.

Ian
Old Jan 19th 2011, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I don't think Delta still flies from Atlanta to London? We booked ATL-LHR in summer 08 and was routed via JFK because just that week, Atlanta stopped it's nonstop flights to London. Better check on that first.

Ian
It does fly direct yes, I checked already. To both Gatwick and Heathrow I believe.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 8:15 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

It does fly direct yes, I checked already.
Good. I just realized that I made a mistake in my earlier post. We weren't flying to London... but to Edinburgh - and Delta no longer flies direct ATL-EDI... it was that flight that got routed through JFK. My bad! Apologies.

Ian
Old Jan 19th 2011, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

One flight a day to LGW and one or two flights a day to LHR - probably depending on the day of the week and/or season - all on B767 aircraft.

According to http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Del...nformation.php you want to be on a B767-400 (aka B764) to get a personal TV. If the schedule lists simply B767 then it may or may not be the -400 (probably not).
Old Jan 19th 2011, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Good. I just realized that I made a mistake in my earlier post. We weren't flying to London... but to Edinburgh - and Delta no longer flies direct ATL-EDI... it was that flight that got routed through JFK. My bad! Apologies.

Ian
Ah! I wondered if that was what you were thinking, that would be a great connection from Atlanta, maybe they'll re-open it in the future.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

Newfarnley is a name known to allNewfarnley is a name known to allNewfarnley is a name known to allNewfarnley is a name known to allNewfarnley is a name known to allNewfarnley is a name known to allNewfarnley is a name known to allNewfarnley is a name known to allNewfarnley is a name known to allNewfarnley is a name known to allNewfarnley is a name known to all
Smile Re: Anyone flown Atlanta-Gatwick on Delta recently?

I flew Atlanta to Gatwick this last Christmas and the plane had the TV on the back of the seats. I always fly this route to UK - just don't like Heathrow. Will be visiting UK again in March when my daughter expects her third baby!
Old Jan 19th 2011, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Newfarnley
I flew Atlanta to Gatwick this last Christmas and the plane had the TV on the back of the seats. I always fly this route to UK - just don't like Heathrow. Will be visiting UK again in March when my daughter expects her third baby!
You flew with Delta?

Congrats on the soon to be grandbaby!
Old Jan 19th 2011, 10:03 pm
Account Closed

Ah! I wondered if that was what you were thinking, that would be a great connection from Atlanta, maybe they'll re-open it in the future.
The flight from JFK-EDI had the seatback TVs, but our return flight from LHR-ATL did not. Okay... this time I got the flight segments correct! While we were there, we flew from EDI to LHR!

Ian
Old Jan 20th 2011, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

You can check on http://www.seatguru.com/ to see what features different airlines provide.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 11:38 am
Just Joined

Newfarnley is a name known to allNewfarnley is a name known to allNewfarnley is a name known to allNewfarnley is a name known to allNewfarnley is a name known to allNewfarnley is a name known to allNewfarnley is a name known to allNewfarnley is a name known to allNewfarnley is a name known to allNewfarnley is a name known to allNewfarnley is a name known to all

You flew with Delta?

Congrats on the soon to be grandbaby!
Yes, always with Delta - used to fly BA, but once got delayed by their disputes and BA don't fly into Gatwick anymore, so will never fly BA again!
Old Jan 20th 2011, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

I always bring a portable DVD player and headphones with me. They're inexpensive. I even have one each for any kids that go with me. A couple of good movies makes a long flight pass by quickly. Better still, a good book will make a flight seem like it never happened. I just finished reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - highly recommended!