Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Andrea Yates verdict overturned

Andrea Yates verdict overturned

Old Jan 7th 2005, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Andrea Yates verdict overturned

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
What things ? about who? i've said so much !!!

you may have to help Scrumpy with the tampon ...he needs both hands to find his arse!!lol

joke

My dear CA, I never have any trouble finding my arse, it usually what I am sat upon. But I am guessing you can find yours from the sound it makes when you speak through it ? 15-15 your serve.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 8:53 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perfumdiva1
Celtic

I agree with you totally

There is no explaining to a man, who has no idea of life with kids, and a wife with serious PPD, I love my husband very much and I know if I was in a situation with PPD, as serious as Andrea's, then there would be no more children, as he loves, cares and respects me. Never mind the plain old issue of mental health.

But what can I say, each to their own, but when I hear these ignorant, arrogance views others, then I just get mad.....

At the end of the day, this situation is your worst nightmare, but could have been dealt with differently, if it had been taken seriously..

PD
PD, you have strong feelings on this, as do we all. But you are attacking a member here without knowing either him or his situation or his life. Please stop and let's stick to the issues.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 8:53 pm
ElsieTheMaid

Originally Posted by Manc
first of all, don't presume you know anything about me or my situation in life.

I couldn't give a monkeys toss about PPD,
there is no
and I repeat no justifiable excuse or rationalisation of drowning 5 children in the bathtub.

I fail to understand how or why, this makes me arrogant or ignorant.

murdering 5 children, in cold blood.......... is inexcusable.

Matt, read my post again (the one where CA calls me the voice of reason )
NO ONE IS SAYING IT'S INEXCUSABLE!!!!!!

Old Jan 7th 2005, 8:55 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
murdering 5 children, in cold blood.......... is inexcusable.
ignoring the seriousness of PPD and allowing other children to be murdered is also inexcusable.....Manc i think we have already agreed that this woman murdered her children and needs to remain in custody.....what the heck are we arguing about

I'm getting dizzy! this conversation seems to be running in circles !
Old Jan 7th 2005, 8:56 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElsieTheMaid
Matt, read my post again (the one where CA calls me the voice of reason )
NO ONE IS SAYING IT'S INEXCUSABLE!!!!!!
Odd moment to choose to make a typo.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 8:58 pm
ElsieTheMaid

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Odd moment to choose to make a typo.
What typo???

Old Jan 7th 2005, 9:00 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Manc, no one is saying she isn't a murdering bitch and no one is saying that she shouldn't do time, and I certainly see no one making excuses for her, not even in the above list of quotes. What a lot of us are saying, is that her husband bears some responsibilty in allowing this situation to get as far as it did.

If you just stood there and watched someone get raped or beaten without doing anything, no, you are not the one that did the act or is to blame, but in my opinion, you would certainly bear some responsibility in allowing it to continue.

Others are also trying to make use this thread in order to make some statements about the seriousness of PPD. That also doesn't mean they are trying to make excuses for what she did.

Here's the thing-she may be able to escape into La La Land, but he can't. I dare say that it is like a film that runs over and over in his mind and that is his private hell.
Elsie the term I have been trying to think of was depraved indifference in regards to the example in your third paragraph.

What typo???
Er "no one is saying it's inexcusable"? I'm assuming that's a typo? i.e you meant "no one is saying it's excusable."
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
ignoring the seriousness of PPD and allowing other children to be murdered is also inexcusable.....Manc i think we have already agreed that this woman murdered her children and needs to remain in custody.....what the heck are we arguing about

I'm getting dizzy! this conversation seems to be running in circles !
You guys are blaming man for some of the responsibility.
The man was neither a doctor nor a psychiatrist, and was probably not aware of the seriousness, nor aware (or wanted to believe) that it was leading where it did.
He was at work during the event. So you ask how could she have left him.......
walk out the front door while he was at work.

If she had done that, those children would have been alive today.

Whilst elsie and CA, I get your points about highlighting a condition, but it cannot be connected to this case,

A woman with PPD killed her children, not because of PPD.

We live in an age of great education, in an age of ultimate prosperity. Even with the most chronic conditions, people know the difference between right and wrong.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 9:01 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

What typo???
Elsie, I think your Wilma is distracting everyone here.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 9:01 pm
ElsieTheMaid

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Er "no one is saying it's inexcusable"? I'm assuming that's a typo? i.e you meant "no one is saying it's excusable."

Oh duh! Sorry. I was too busy looking for a mispelt word!

Old Jan 7th 2005, 9:02 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

What typo???
I'm saying it is inexcusable dear.
Franklin

Originally Posted by Perfumdiva1
Dont be such an ass

How could the woman make a decision like that on her own, especially with her husband the way he was, and given her state of mind..

Give her a break will you

How would you be if that was your sister???
Yates is a daughter of someone, maybe a sister of someone, she was a wife of someone, and she was the mother of five kids that she killed by her own hands ... You are blowing smoke. Those that don't have a legal argument invariably blow smoke.

The bottom line is protecting other children from those that might seek to use the Yates smokescreen to kill an unwanted child. Yates does the time or faces the death sentence; if there is any chance that she might get out of jail in her life time, I am for Yates getting the death sentence; other children must be protected. That is one of the functions of the legal system: to protect society from would-be monsters.

ElsieTheMaid

Signing off and heading to Margaritaville. Have a lovely weekend everyone!

Old Jan 7th 2005, 9:04 pm

Oh duh! Sorry. I was too busy looking for a mispelt word!
S'all right. Thought the thread was about to go stratospheric for a minute.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.