Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Andrea Yates verdict overturned

Andrea Yates verdict overturned

Old Jan 7th 2005, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Andrea Yates verdict overturned

This entire thread is split into 2 camps. The women who think that because she had kids and stayed at home she therefore had mental problems that led to the murders, and the men who see it for what it actually is cold blooded murder of 5 innocent kids. Drown her.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 6:53 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by izibear
You cannot compare the two.

PPD is a genuine condition, which she obviously had. Trained professionals who treated her knew about it, therefore, this is a genuine case of mental illness, and she should be sent to a psychiatric facility.

Yes, it is a free country. She may have left. But 'could' she?

I guess you will say the same about battered women? That they could have left if they so wished. If you have ever been around a long term battered woman, or worked with one, you'd know that it is not that simple, in fact, its extremely complicated.

This woman obviously suffered from the same 'condition'.
when I first met my wife she was in a shelter.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

I guess you will say the same about battered women? That they could have left if they so wished. If you have ever been around a long term battered woman, or worked with one, you'd know that it is not that simple, in fact, its extremely complicated.

This woman obviously suffered from the same 'condition'.

So as she was a battered spouse she naturally attacked the 5 who were not attacking her ? Drown her.
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

You cannot compare the two.
course you can.

Scott Petersen killed his wife.

I love my wife with all my heart and therefore couldn't comprehend killing her.
so therefore he must be mad as a fish to have done the same.

But he wasn't mad.
just an evil prick.
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
Well obviously all she needs is a jury of 12 women who have kids and she will be free to go murder other kids she may well have then ? Drown the bitch & be done with it.
it's like talking to a brick wall!

there's no ...be done with it about it!!
can't you get that? Other women have done it since and unfortunatley if we don't learn more and get to the root of the problem or at least recognise the symptoms it'll happen again

i feel like a stuck record ...what's hard t grasp about that ...wouldn't it be better for all if we took PPD seriously?
@matthewb76

This entire thread is split into 2 camps.
It was all Ian Brady's fault too.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 7:00 pm
@matthewb76

So as she was a battered spouse
she wasn't a battered spouse.
that's a cop out.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 7:02 pm
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
i feel like a stuck record ...what's hard t grasp about that ...wouldn't it be better for all if we took PPD seriously?
sure lets take it seriously.

but also,
lets send murdering bitches to prison and not use anything as a cop out.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 7:04 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
course you can.

Scott Petersen killed his wife.

I love my wife with all my heart and therefore couldn't comprehend killing her.
so therefore he must be mad as a fish to have done the same.

But he wasn't mad.
just an evil prick.
Manc you can't seriously compare Andrea Yates to Scott Peterson!

you're just trying to wind us up, she was ill and called the police....he changed his appearance and was on his way to Mexico with a stash of cash!
just an evil prick definitly i hope he gets fried!
Old Jan 7th 2005, 7:05 pm
Back Again

Originally Posted by Manc
sure lets take it seriously.

but also,
lets send murdering bitches to prison and not use anything as a cop out.
agreed hopefully with understanding and recognition of PPD there will be no murdering bitches to send to prison
Old Jan 7th 2005, 7:06 pm
@matthewb76

I'm comparing her to Scott Peterson because you lovely ladies aren't.

And as they are both convicted murderers whom killed apparent loved ones, I'll say I can compare the two. In the eyes of the law they are one and the same.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

you're just trying to wind us up, she was ill and called the police....he changed his appearance and was on his way to Mexico with a stash of cash!

Poor old CA is another of the women who want all men who murder their wives fried but let's not do anything about the women who kill.

Could it not be possible that in some cases where a person kills their spouse/partner then they could have been mentally unbalanced at that time ( regardless of gender ) ?

I am not saying Peterson falls in to this catergory, but how you can rant on about killing him yet automatically accept that Yates was as much a victim as the kids were is crazy. I suppose the evil cow in Piano Tx who chopped her kid's arms off & left the poor mite to bleed to death was crying out for treatment too ?

What have we gained from years of watching Hindley, West and other female murderers in the UK ?
Old Jan 7th 2005, 7:11 pm
@matthewb76

What have we gained from years of watching Hindley, West and other female murderers in the UK ?
you forgot Beverly Allitt...........
Old Jan 7th 2005, 7:14 pm
Back Again

Poor old CA is another of the women who want all men who murder their wives fried but let's not do anything about the women who kill.
When have i ever said that...are you even reading my posts
Old Jan 7th 2005, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

When have i ever said that...are you even reading my posts

Although you will deny typing that ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.