Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

To All Florida Residents

To All Florida Residents

Old Jul 11th 2005, 11:11 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To All Florida Residents

Originally Posted by ImHere
I am. Thought you knew that already. I love extreme weather...used to go storm hunting in Europe but no big twisters.

Infact I love all weather. I got completely hooked when I did an A level in metereology as a "filler". Believe it or not (my wife thinks im completely barmy) but one of my life ambitions is to personally get a photo of an F5.
So IM did you get any good pictures of last years FL storms.......???
Old Jul 11th 2005, 11:20 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Copyright legislation exists so that work generated by photographers, writers and artists is protected by law, thus preventing unauthorised reproduction of that work without the prior permission of the author, and ensuring some kind of economic deal is struck which pleases all parties involved.

You may come across some of your pictures in a magazine, book or poster, for example that have been published without your consent and without a suitable reproduction fee being offered.
If this is the case, you should immediately take action. Often, a telephone call to the publisher or person responsible demanding immediate payment will be enough to settle the problem. But don't let them get away with this lightly. They have broken the law and deserve to be punished, so demand a fee that is higher than you would expect if they had gone through the correct channels of seeking clearance before using the picture
His letter's in the post....bloody USPS mate........... blame them
Old Jul 11th 2005, 11:26 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of mine has massed 23K GPB for unauthorised use of his photos over the last 5 years... he positively encourages it ...
Old Jul 11th 2005, 11:46 am
ImHere

Originally Posted by krizzy
So IM did you get any good pictures of last years FL storms.......???
Nah I missed them. We didnt get here till the end of November. Gutted. Still, looks like I should get a few this year.

Old Jul 11th 2005, 11:48 am
ImHere

Originally Posted by Ray
A friend of mine has massed 23K GPB for unauthorised use of his photos over the last 5 years... he positively encourages it ...
Hmm. Theres a bit of difference between limey putting a linked pic up on here in reference...nay advertisement, of the site than someone using unauthorised pictures for profitable gain. I know I dont mind people using mine as long as A) the link is kept that they are mine and B) its not for personal gain.

Old Jul 11th 2005, 11:49 am
ImHere

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
His letter's in the post....bloody USPS mate........... blame them
Bet the checks following?

Old Jul 11th 2005, 11:50 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Nah I missed them. We didnt get here till the end of November. Gutted. Still, looks like I should get a few this year.
Oh ...I thought you had been in FL longer than that.....did you move there from a different State.....?
Old Jul 11th 2005, 11:51 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm. Theres a bit of difference between limey putting a linked pic up on here in reference...nay advertisement, of the site than someone using unauthorised pictures for profitable gain. I know I dont mind people using mine as long as A) the link is kept that they are mine and B) its not for personal gain.
Mr Myers I'm a big fan...
Old Jul 11th 2005, 11:55 am
ImHere

Originally Posted by krizzy
Oh ...I thought you had been in FL longer than that.....did you move there from a different State.....?
The 51st state. Otherswise known as a small island off the coast of Northern Europe.

Old Jul 11th 2005, 11:56 am

The 51st state. Otherswise known as a small island off the coast of Northern Europe.
Not the Isle of Wight.....please
Old Jul 11th 2005, 11:58 am
ImHere

Not the Isle of Wight.....please
Not that small. And up a bit

Old Jul 11th 2005, 12:01 pm

Not that small. And up a bit
Iceland....and you keep a dog, just to piss them off
Old Jul 11th 2005, 12:02 pm
ImHere

Iceland....and you keep a dog, just to piss them off
Right and down a bit.

Old Jul 11th 2005, 12:09 pm

Right and down a bit.
Bornholm
Old Jul 11th 2005, 12:13 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Ah but if it's unauthorized, how does he enforce his rights of ownership on those who've used his images without his permission? To do so would cost money and eats up into the "profits" that you quoted, right?

NC Penguin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.