Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Adds that make you see red?

Wikiposts

Adds that make you see red?

Old Oct 15th 2005, 5:41 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adds that make you see red?

Liberty Mutual - "We don't wait for bad things to happen" except that they obviously do wait, otherwise they would have i) fixed the guy's pipe before it broke, and ii) told the lady not to go get her nails done.

Red Robin radio ad. How frickin annoying is that?
Old Oct 16th 2005, 12:37 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Is anyone going to own up to waking up in the middle of the night and watching an infomercial all the way through? I will Roncos knife set with Ron himself and the Little Giant ladder (I bought one)
Old Oct 16th 2005, 3:19 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
And further to the "do not attempt" in the Jeep ad, have you noticed that car ads often say "professional driver, closed course, do not attempt" even when the ad shows the car driving sedately along a city street??
They are scared of being sued!!! This will void the lawsuit. It's the same as the 'drink responsibly' tag line at the bottom of all alcohol ads. So they can't get sued for making someone become an alcoholic, die from alcoholic poisoning or for being drunk & disorderly!!! It's really sad that it has come to this point! Let's just face the facts, America is sue happy!
Old Oct 16th 2005, 4:11 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
Has anyone else seen the ad for the magic bullet blender (not the sex toy of the same name) that is where a couple make about 12 different meals for their sun-tanned california-beautiful friends and then some bloke behind the kitchen counter starts talking with an accent that sounds like he's from Wigan!!
Yeah, I saw that ad when I first came here a year ago...I know this is sad, but the thing sounded really cool to me!!!
Old Oct 16th 2005, 8:42 am
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bob
The petrol company...ain't heard of the author though....sounds annoying already though
He's the notorious holocaust denier, hence my (crap) joke.
Old Oct 16th 2005, 8:47 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nxylas
denier
Now you got me thinking about stockings again ...
Old Oct 17th 2005, 2:05 am
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Yeah, I saw that ad when I first came here a year ago...I know this is sad, but the thing sounded really cool to me!!!
im with you on that one - though my wife has more sense and wont let me buy one!

Ant
Old Oct 17th 2005, 2:14 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I was going to buy one of those brooms with small circular rubber bristles. Looked good to me and thought it would make a good Christmas pressie for Mrs. Rushman. She's always saying how sick she is of sweeping up, maybe this would rejuvenate the experience a little.

PS. (Just incase gruff and AWPJ's had other ideas)..the little rubber bristles are on the bottom of the broom NOT the handle!!!!
Old Oct 17th 2005, 3:09 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
I was going to buy one of those brooms with small circular rubber bristles. Looked good to me and thought it would make a good Christmas pressie for Mrs. Rushman. She's always saying how sick she is of sweeping up, maybe this would rejuvenate the experience a little.

PS. (Just incase gruff and AWPJ's had other ideas)..the little rubber bristles are on the bottom of the broom NOT the handle!!!!

That is too twisted for color tv!