Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Visa for unpaid voluntary work / internship ? Visa Waiver etc

Visa for unpaid voluntary work / internship ? Visa Waiver etc

Old May 29th 2009, 12:44 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa for unpaid voluntary work / internship ? Visa Waiver etc

Originally Posted by adiestubbs
Thanks for the reply.

Its called Compeer and, I quote, is an "organization that helps adults and children overcome the devastating effects of mental illness, such as loneliness, isolation and low self-esteem – through the power of friendship. Our volunteer-based programs and services, which serve as a complement to therapy, provide supportive friendships for people in mental-health care – helping them on their recovery journey".

What do you think?

Adrian
I've heard of it. Ask them if they have brought volunteers in to do this from outside the US. They should give you a letter to travel with describing the arrangement. They already may have one for this type of thing.
Old May 29th 2009, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by crg14624
I've heard of it. Ask them if they have brought volunteers in to do this from outside the US. They should give you a letter to travel with describing the arrangement. They already may have one for this type of thing.

Ok, thanks I will ask them. I think I possibly could be the first as think they are a new branch by the sounds of it. I dont really want to be applying for visas etc, though I will If I have to.

thanks again

Adrian
Old May 29th 2009, 1:43 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adiestubbs
Ok, thanks I will ask them. I think I possibly could be the first as think they are a new branch by the sounds of it. I dont really want to be applying for visas etc, though I will If I have to.

thanks again

Adrian
It sounds like something you can do without a visa. Even though it's a new branch, their HQ may have something.