Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

UK/US couple find way to cope long distance

UK/US couple find way to cope long distance

Old May 28th 2009, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK/US couple find way to cope long distance

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...le-divide.html

Don't know why they'd want photos of each other... pair of mingers
Old May 28th 2009, 12:00 pm
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK/US couple find way to cope long distance

Originally Posted by hobbes79
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...le-divide.html

"It's a way to do something as a couple and expressing our love. When I look at the images I can almost feel his skin against mine and feel his breathe.

"And the process of making them has really helped us bond. "

Oh fuck OFF!!!!!!
Old May 28th 2009, 12:31 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
"It's a way to do something as a couple and expressing our love. When I look at the images I can almost feel his skin against mine and feel his breathe.

"And the process of making them has really helped us bond. "

Oh fuck OFF!!!!!!
I wonder if they've made any "good" ones?
Old May 28th 2009, 12:32 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Bet they get refused entry next time
Old May 28th 2009, 12:48 pm
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
I wonder if they've made any "good" ones?
Old May 28th 2009, 1:12 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

From the Rosie Hardy presence on the internet, the whole phenomenon looks like a cunning strategy for her to sell copies of her photos.
Old May 28th 2009, 1:28 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
From the Rosie Hardy presence on the internet, the whole phenomenon looks like a cunning strategy for her to sell copies of her photos.
No kidding!

Looks like they're having a tiff.

[IMG][/IMG]

Oh, back together now...

Last edited by another bloody yank; May 28th 2009 at 1:31 pm.
Old May 28th 2009, 2:00 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: UK/US couple find way to cope long distance

Yuck.

Where's the puke smiley?

She's already been to the US five times since last year? Then she says she's deferred going to uni so she can spend more time with him in the States?

She's shot herself in the foot, methinks....
Old May 28th 2009, 2:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Give me a break. Even we weren't that sappy when we were apart. And she's only 18 FFS! Someone needs to tell her to put her future education & career before a guy that lives 4000 miles away.
Old May 28th 2009, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

When we did the long distance thing for 18 months (while she was finishing her degree), my wife sent me letters almost on a daily basis with the envelopes usually completely decorated.

She addressed one to "Mr. Loverman" and my Dad was in the driveway when the mailman came. He looked at the envelope, looked at my Dad and said "Nahh!" then handed over the letter. Funny. Made me laugh anyway.

There were times when the mailman literally had to knock on the door and comment on the envelopes because they were decorated amazingly... I'll have to scan a couple in and post them.

These guys are just plain sappy though. Pair of pansies.

I've got to echo what Rushman said on this one.
Old May 28th 2009, 2:53 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, good luck with a GC... INS will never believe them.
I bet they have a cute tree house too... with a secret knock.

Old May 28th 2009, 3:08 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Give me a break. Even we weren't that sappy when we were apart. And she's only 18 FFS! Someone needs to tell her to put her future education & career before a guy that lives 4000 miles away.
When my wife & I were doing this (i.e. living apart in the UK & US) was nearly 40 years ago & there was no such thing as Flickr or photoshop. This & this is how we created our soppy photos. (Not.)
Old May 28th 2009, 6:12 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hobbes79
Oh I dunno - she's not that bad.
Old May 28th 2009, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Awww Bless 'em..
Old May 28th 2009, 8:17 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sambapink
Awww Bless 'em..
How would you feel about a 25 y/o foreign man showing up out of the ether to date your 18 y/o daughter?

ewwwww. There is a *reason* I was grounded for most of my senior year you know!

They are attractive though, I don't get the minger part.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.