Visa advice for fiancee

Old Sep 3rd 2010, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

nateh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa advice for fiancee

Hi All,
I'm a UK citizen working for a US company in the UK. They have offered me an Expat deal in the US. I'm trying to understand what Visa I should apply for which will allow my fiancee to move to the US with me.
Thanks...
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 2:23 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa advice for fiancee

Originally Posted by nateh
Hi All,
I'm a UK citizen working for a US company in the UK. They have offered me an Expat deal in the US. I'm trying to understand what Visa I should apply for which will allow my fiancee to move to the US with me.
Thanks...
you dont apply for any visa .. the employer does
probably an L ... marry or leave him behind
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

The advice you need was give in your other thread.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...05#post8818405
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

nateh is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, but the other thread was relating to fiancee working, rather than living. Didn't know if there was an option for her to move, but not work.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

She will either need to get her own visa or you will need to be married if she wants to live with you in the US. The only difference between living in US and you asking if she can work in US is that she either needs to get her own work visa or you need to be married and you go over on a L visa. If your married and you go over on a H1B visa then she can live there but not work. (That is the visa I am here on as my husband has a H1B)
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 3:26 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, but the other thread was relating to fiancee working, rather than living. Didn't know if there was an option for her to move, but not work.
B2 for cohabiting partners of non-immigrant visa holders.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 3:27 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,
Thanks...
If you want your fiancee to move to the USA *with* you, dependent on your own visa, you will need to be married to do so.

Other than that, she can explore her own opportunities in the USA and see if she qualifies for any kind of visa in her own right. Check out the "Pulaski's Ways" article in the Wiki.

Rene
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 3:29 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If you want your fiancee to move to the USA *with* you, dependent on your own visa, you will need to be married to do so.
I disagree.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 3:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
I disagree.
How so? The OP is probably getting an L-1. His fiancee cannot get an L-2. They have to be married for her to get the visa which is dependent on his visa.

Rene
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 3:49 pm
Septicity

How so? The OP is probably getting an L-1. His fiancee cannot get an L-2. They have to be married for her to get the visa which is dependent on his visa.

Rene
If they were previously cohabiting, she can have a B2.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 3:55 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

But she can't work on a B2 which is what this person wants their fiancee to be able to do.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
But she can't work on a B2 which is what this person wants their fiancee to be able to do.
Not according to the questions that the OP is asking in this thread,

I'm trying to understand what Visa I should apply for which will allow my fiancee to move to the US with me.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 5:05 pm

OK, but that's getting a visa of her own, not a dependent visa on his L-1 (from my perspective).

Rene
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 5:13 pm
Septicity

OK, but that's getting a visa of her own, not a dependent visa on his L-1 (from my perspective).

Rene
I don't do PHI-101 on Friday mornings.