Reload this Page >

Working VISA for Fiance

Working VISA for Fiance

Old Sep 1st 2010, 11:38 am
Just Joined

nateh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working VISA for Fiance

Hi
I'm trying to understand if my Fiance can work in the US if I apply for an H-1B or L1 visa. Or do we need to be married to allow her to work on those?
Thanks
Old Sep 1st 2010, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

Hovik is just really niceHovik is just really niceHovik is just really niceHovik is just really niceHovik is just really niceHovik is just really niceHovik is just really niceHovik is just really niceHovik is just really nice
Default Re: Working VISA for Fiance

The only of the 4 permutations which will allow your fiance to work is for you get an L-1 visa _and_ get married.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 12:12 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working VISA for Fiance

Originally Posted by nateh
Hi
I'm trying to understand if my Fiance can work in the US if I apply for an H-1B or L1 visa. Or do we need to be married to allow her to work on those?
Thanks
You must be married in order for her to gain any benefit from your visa.

If you get an L1, she can get an L2 which allows her to apply for work authorization in the USA.

If you get an H1B, she can get an H4 which does NOT allow her to work in the USA at all.

Rene