USCIS Officers....

Old Jul 27th 2007, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

violator_dm will become famous soon enoughviolator_dm will become famous soon enough
Default Re: USCIS Officers....

Originally Posted by meauxna
But this story shows that the degree is NOT what makes the person most qualified for the position, doesn't it?

I also don't buy the argument that a degree makes a difference for a CIS officer. The way they make decisions is based on an internal process that a degree (other than in D.Cheney's Applied Suspicion) wouldn't really support.
meauxna,
You are right. Especially when it comes to a government job.

As for Cheney... the guy needs to look up a definition for "Due Process"
Old Jul 27th 2007, 10:46 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by violator_dm
So why exactly did you remove your post? Scared?
Explanation above.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

violator_dm will become famous soon enoughviolator_dm will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Vsetko?

Actually, I deleted my insult, withdraw it, and apologize humbly. I don't think you know the MUdall story. And I ain't been tickled on here all week. Keep feeding him -- it can be amusing.
I don't know his story. And by posting my comment I actually agreed with him.

Slovak and Russian actually belong to the same language family.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 10:52 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know his story. And by posting my comment I actually agreed with him.
If you actually agree fully with Matt on this, the only logical conclusion is to close down the board. A bit kamikaze IMO.

Slovak and Russian actually belong to the same language family.
Viem.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

If you actually agree fully with Matt on this, the only logical conclusion is to close down the board. A bit kamikaze IMO.
No, I don't think the board needs to be shut down. But there is a thin line that some posters cross, perhaps without even noticing it.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 11:00 pm
Septicity

No, I don't think the board needs to be shut down. But there is a thin line that some posters cross, perhaps without even noticing it.
We're perfectly safe. Matt patrols regularly to ensure full compliance.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 11:33 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=lulu204;5113741]Excuse me - I went to a *Ivy League equivalent* university in England....does that make me smarter than the average person with a high school diploma or a college dropout?? Yes it does, I'm afraid. That's YOU being naive, there...the kind of intellect that these officers have that you refer to are 'street smarts'...<<snip>>

Whether or not you are academically smarter than others, it does not make any difference here on BE because you failed to check or read BE rules so I give you an "F".
Old Jul 27th 2007, 11:38 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Whether or not you are academically smarter than others, it does not make any difference here on BE because you failed to check or read BE rules so I give you an "F".
I'll follow with a "U".
Old Jul 27th 2007, 11:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Elementary school teacher average salary $51041
That's $26K more a year than a high school teacher in Maine, $15K more than someone with 10-15 years experience. Benefits are also crap.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 11:46 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by Bob
That's $26K more a year than a high school teacher in Maine, $15K more than someone with 10-15 years experience. Benefits are also crap.
But can you get a double-wide on an acre in DC, eh?
Old Jul 27th 2007, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

lulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud of

you love it!

I'll follow with a "U".
Old Jul 27th 2007, 11:50 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by lulu204
you love it!
Tease!
Old Jul 28th 2007, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

wildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to all

I don't see any reason for them to be highly educated at all.
I would agree with this statement. There is nothing in that job which would require you to be "educated". Kind of like the cops - you need to have integrity, honesty, good ethics, and you should be street smart.

Police agencies ask for high school diplomas as well, and just because you happen to have a PhD, does not make you a better candidate, nor does it increase your chances of getting hired. I can't see it being any different for USCIS AOs.

Last edited by wildestkabs; Jul 28th 2007 at 1:30 am.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

lulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud of

I like you. A lot!

ahhh, I just love winding the yanks up....bless them!

Tease!
Old Jul 28th 2007, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lulu204
Excuse me - I went to a *Ivy League equivalent* university in England....does that make me smarter than the average person with a high school diploma or a college dropout?? Yes it does, I'm afraid. That's YOU being naive, there...the kind of intellect that these officers have that you refer to are 'street smarts'...I doubt people with just a high school diploma could explain in full succinct detail Dante's Nine Circles of Hell...which coincidentally, could be used as a euphemism for this whole immigration debacle...

I appreciate your expertise in this area Reete and also your position on this board. The advice that you keep people on this forum is undoubtedly invaluable, but I'm sorry, in between having an extremely busy 80 hour work week plus other heavy commitments, I did not manage to squeeze in the time to read your BE Guidelines...I dip in and out of this forum whenever I have five minutes to spare and spot a relevant (to my situation) thread...
It makes you better educated but not necessarily more intelligent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.