Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Police in Oakland shoot dead 22 year old in front of commuters

Police in Oakland shoot dead 22 year old in front of commuters

Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police in Oakland shoot dead 22 year old in front of commuters

Originally Posted by lansbury
You would make a good juror, probably convict on the persecutors opening remarks.

Imagine, never tried that but being a trained investigator I always went with the gather all the available evidence together evaluate it and see what it told me approach.
A good juror is one that convicts, is that the cop in you?
I'm familiar with that mentality, unless it's one of their own that is.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:55 pm
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by surly
Or it could have been, you know, some kind of snarky sarcasm thing going on there.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Whoosh....
Old Jan 13th 2009, 11:07 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

A good juror decides the outcome on all the evidence not just a snippet of it, which is what you are doing. The point I was making was just that you hear a very small portion and decide.

Please don't decide what my mentality is just because I was a cop, makes you look as foolish and stupid as the people who hate people on the color of their skin and is no different.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
A good juror decides the outcome on all the evidence not just a snippet of it, which is what you are doing. The point I was making was just that you hear a very small portion and decide.

Please don't decide what my mentality is just because I was a cop, makes you look as foolish and stupid as the people who hate people on the color of their skin and is no different.
Sorry I just presumed a cop might want to see a conviction. Especially as you think someone ready to convict makes a good juror.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 11:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I just presumed a cop might want to see a conviction. Especially as you think someone ready to convict makes a good juror.
English comprehension not your strong point I see.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 11:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
English comprehension not your strong point I see.
Originally Posted by lansbury View Post
You would make a good juror, probably convict on the persecutors opening remarks.

Following the conversation not your strong point I see.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 11:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lansbury View Post

Following the conversation not your strong point I see.
Cripes, how many more times do you need this explaining to you? "Not your strong point" was clearly an understatement.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 11:42 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I just have to say I really can't see jack shit on that tape.

I only know what happened because everybody told me what happened.

Oh and the sound of the gunshot. That was helpful too.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Leslie66

How about the dead guy?
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:08 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Well... sounds like there were as many people as saw de Menezes get plugged.
Though that was pre-meditated and intentional.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Cripes, how many more times do you need this explaining to you? "Not your strong point" was clearly an understatement.
Do you know WTF your talking about? I sure don't. understanding you takes comprehension to another world of make believe.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:22 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

How about the dead guy?
I couldn't see that from the tape.

I'm not trying to build a defense for the cop. Quite the opposite. I'm just saying that I can't tell what happened by looking at the footage.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

I couldn't see that from the tape.

I'm not trying to build a defense for the cop. Quite the opposite. I'm just saying that I can't tell what happened by looking at the footage.
This vid may make it clearer.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/neal-r..._b_156280.html
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Guess I'm a cold, callous bitch. I could really care less about the situation. There are far more cruel injustices going on in the world for me to focus on, rather than for me to care if a cop made a mistake or not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.