O1 A Visa approved

Old Nov 16th 2022, 12:01 pm
LT1
Forum Regular

LT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: O1 A Visa approved

Originally Posted by jpmb
Hi Mic,
Thanks for sharing. Quick question... my case/petition for an O1A was just approved.
What were the next steps for you once your case/petition was approved?
Thanks in advance!
Hi jpmb, now that your petition is approved, you should file a DS-160 form here, and then book an interview at your local US Embassy/Consulate.
Old Feb 18th 2023, 2:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Just thought I'd add my (well, my husband's really - I'm the O-3 to his O-1!) timeline to this thread to help anybody searching in the future -

30th Jan - I-129 with I-907 Premium Processing filed (California Service Centre)
31st Jan - receipt notice sent by email
7th Feb - approved
8th Feb - DS-160's submitted, confirmation that no interview was required
9th Feb - request to send passports to embassy for visa issuance.

We haven't sent passports yet as we're waiting for my son to return from a school trip, but from application to the passport request was only 10 days, so much quicker than we'd expected.

And our EB1-A is now underway (the lawyers wanted to wait until the O-1 was approved to be sure no RFE was received before submitting), I-140 was filed (also premium processing, Texas service centre) on 8th February, and approved yesterday.

HTH anybody else going through the same process.
Old Jan 3rd 2024, 2:14 am
Just Joined

Newuser24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Just thought I'd add my (well, my husband's really - I'm the O-3 to his O-1!) timeline to this thread to help anybody searching in the future -

30th Jan - I-129 with I-907 Premium Processing filed (California Service Centre)
31st Jan - receipt notice sent by email
7th Feb - approved
8th Feb - DS-160's submitted, confirmation that no interview was required
9th Feb - request to send passports to embassy for visa issuance.

We haven't sent passports yet as we're waiting for my son to return from a school trip, but from application to the passport request was only 10 days, so much quicker than we'd expected.

And our EB1-A is now underway (the lawyers wanted to wait until the O-1 was approved to be sure no RFE was received before submitting), I-140 was filed (also premium processing, Texas service centre) on 8th February, and approved yesterday.

HTH anybody else going through the same process.
Hi Christmasoompa, quick question, did you or your husband have a B1/B2 visa before applying for the O1 visa?
Old Jan 3rd 2024, 2:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Newuser24
Hi Christmasoompa, quick question, did you or your husband have a B1/B2 visa before applying for the O1 visa?
Nope, didn’t need one as we’re from the UK and VWP eligible, so always traveled on ESTA.
Old Jan 3rd 2024, 3:13 am
Just Joined

Newuser24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Nope, didn’t need one as we’re from the UK and VWP eligible, so always traveled on ESTA.
Thanks!