O1 A Visa approved

Old Aug 20th 2022, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Mic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default O1 A Visa approved

Hi guys,

My O1A visa application was approved yesterday. We went down the premium processing route through the California service centre and the decision came back bang on 15 days.

There's been a few bits of 'targeted' good advice i had been given by the individuals on the forum to help this along. Plus, plenty of other snippets that i pulled up whilst searching for info.

So, i just want to say a heartfelt 'thank you' to the forum and all it's members,

I will keep people updated on progress and see if i can use my experience of getting to this point plus experiences moving forward, to help others on their journey. The immigration attorney we used was very good, obviously we would say that but if anyone wants their details or has any other questions, just shout.

It's a long story but i am living proof that someone, who to be fair, is reasonably good at what they do but still a trillion miles away from being a film star, top athlete, Nobel peace prize winner or neuro surgeon can work to obtain the O1. My core profession is that of a plumber!

Best,

Mic
Old Aug 22nd 2022, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: O1 A Visa approved

Originally Posted by Mic1
Hi guys,

My O1A visa application was approved yesterday. We went down the premium processing route through the California service centre and the decision came back bang on 15 days.

There's been a few bits of 'targeted' good advice i had been given by the individuals on the forum to help this along. Plus, plenty of other snippets that i pulled up whilst searching for info.

So, i just want to say a heartfelt 'thank you' to the forum and all it's members,

I will keep people updated on progress and see if i can use my experience of getting to this point plus experiences moving forward, to help others on their journey. The immigration attorney we used was very good, obviously we would say that but if anyone wants their details or has any other questions, just shout.

It's a long story but i am living proof that someone, who to be fair, is reasonably good at what they do but still a trillion miles away from being a film star, top athlete, Nobel peace prize winner or neuro surgeon can work to obtain the O1. My core profession is that of a plumber!

Best,

Mic
thats great congratulations!! I know a couple of people who came here on an 01 visa and then went down the green card route fairly quickly and easily.
Old Aug 22nd 2022, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Expatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,

Best,

Mic
Wow, that’s interesting. So that was presumably under the Business category of the O-1A? I’d be interested in any details you’re willing to share, out of curiosity!
Old Aug 23rd 2022, 4:46 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,

Best,

Mic
As you note, premium processing of a visa petition is pretty much set - fifteen days from filing to adjudication (or a RFE request for evidence). That said, you don’t give a time frame for the visa application and issuance.
Old Aug 23rd 2022, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Mic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karenkaren1
thats great congratulations!! I know a couple of people who came here on an 01 visa and then went down the green card route fairly quickly and easily.
Many thanks karenkaren1 !!
We'll take the same approach, our immigration attorney says we're probably sitting at a 75% chance of getting perm residency with what i have under my belt but they're going to put a 6 month plan in place for a couple of other bits for me get to bolster it up and they said they'd feel more confident with putting the application forward.
Old Aug 23rd 2022, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Expatrian
Wow, that’s interesting. So that was presumably under the Business category of the O-1A? I’d be interested in any details you’re willing to share, out of curiosity!
Our attorney said that it was an unusual application. Obviously, it wasn't based solely on me being a plumber but more to do with what i did with that knowledge afterwards. Still in the same industry, but let's say other side of the counter. I have never posted very often, just normally watch from the sidelines but some of my story would be on some old posts of mine, probably dating back to 2018.
However, i'm quite happy to share a bit more info with you if you think i might have something that could help you, or anyone for that matter.

Mic
Old Aug 23rd 2022, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Expatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond repute

Our attorney said that it was an unusual application. Obviously, it wasn't based solely on me being a plumber but more to do with what i did with that knowledge afterwards. Still in the same industry, but let's say other side of the counter. I have never posted very often, just normally watch from the sidelines but some of my story would be on some old posts of mine, probably dating back to 2018.
However, i'm quite happy to share a bit more info with you if you think i might have something that could help you, or anyone for that matter.

Mic
Yep, I took a non-lazy look at some of your earlier posts about it. It’s certainly interesting considering the “sustained national or international acclaim” requirement. Still, it worked out, so congrats!
Old Aug 23rd 2022, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
As you note, premium processing of a visa petition is pretty much set - fifteen days from filing to adjudication (or a RFE request for evidence). That said, you don’t give a time frame for the visa application and issuance.
The visa application was started about a year ago. The letters of reference were a tough one and seemed to take forever to get to the point that the attorney was happy. It wasn't easy going back to the authors who were near the top of their individual games and say their letters weren't up to scratch! Some were doctored 6 times, I was lucky they didn't stick two fingers up. I'm going to book my interview tomorrow evening after we get married tomorrow afternoon as without a certificate, the rest of my family can't come with me!!
Old Aug 23rd 2022, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Expatrian
Yep, I took a non-lazy look at some of your earlier posts about it. It’s certainly interesting considering the “sustained national or international acclaim” requirement. Still, it worked out, so congrats!
Thanks Expatrian!
The attorney was very confident all along, TBH, many a time i felt it was just them being salespeople as approval or not, they still get paid so they could tell you anything. Still, they turned out to be right.
These guys are well versed in the O's and so they tell me, have a 100% track record with these visa's with very few RFE's. I can't remember the exact details, but a while ago they teamed up with another couple of attorneys and filed a lawsuit against the USCIS. I felt that anyone 'ballsy' to go at the USCIS must be pretty confident in what they do and what they know!!
Old Aug 23rd 2022, 10:59 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

The visa application was started about a year ago. The letters of reference were a tough one and seemed to take forever to get to the point that the attorney was happy. It wasn't easy going back to the authors who were near the top of their individual games and say their letters weren't up to scratch! Some were doctored 6 times, I was lucky they didn't stick two fingers up. I'm going to book my interview tomorrow evening after we get married tomorrow afternoon as without a certificate, the rest of my family can't come with me!!
so the petition is approved, not the visa? They are 2 steps.
Old Aug 25th 2022, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

dandewey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

Best,

Mic
Hi Mic, who was your immigration attorney please. I'm currently looking at an L1 or O1 application but I'd prefer to have an Immigration Attorney to help and just can't seem to find my way to someone real and can help instead someone who will just collect the cash.

Thanks
Dan
Old Aug 27th 2022, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tht
so the petition is approved, not the visa? They are 2 steps.
Yes, i stand corrected, the whole thing is a little alien to me although the attorney said that London never refuses anyone going for an O at interview stage.
Old Aug 27th 2022, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dandewey
Hi Mic, who was your immigration attorney please. I'm currently looking at an L1 or O1 application but I'd prefer to have an Immigration Attorney to help and just can't seem to find my way to someone real and can help instead someone who will just collect the cash.

Thanks
Dan
Hi Dan, no problem at all. I'll send you a PM as i'm not sure the moderators allow any recommendations on the open forum.
We parted with quite a lot of money, having interviews with various attorneys at ($) 500 a pop and it's really difficult trying to settle on who to move forward with. In the end, i let gut feeling take over, i liked these guys because they seemed 'human', zoom calls were in their homes, not with them sitting behind huge mahogany desks dressed in $5000 suits and occasionally one of their children would call out or a dog would bark.
I recall one zoom call with a big player in San Francisco: it was so formal that it felt like i was on trial. I wouldn't have cared if they had 100% success rate, i just couldn't have gelled with these sorts of individuals but all to their own i guess.
On purpose, during the first interview, i made sure we spoke about generalised things, kids, pets, the state of the world and not just the VISA knowing that we would go way past the hour allocated. At the end of the day, you need to feel comfortable with who you choose, not just on a business level but on a personal level too, of course you know that anyway. Remember, you are interviewing them just as much as they are interviewing you. I operate on a philosophy in life that, if you make a reasonable connection on a personal level you've got more chance of them going the extra mile on a business level!!

As i said in a previous post though, of course i am singing their praises because they got the result.

Cheers Mic

Old Aug 27th 2022, 12:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

You’re more than welcome to put a recommendation on the forum - in fact, it would be very helpful for others searching in the future.

It’s only recommending your own services (or those of a company you’re linked to) that isn’t permitted.

HTH.
Old Nov 16th 2022, 4:15 am
Just Joined

jpmb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mic,
Thanks for sharing. Quick question... my case/petition for an O1A was just approved.
What were the next steps for you once your case/petition was approved?
Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.