Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

notice of termination of conditional resident status

notice of termination of conditional resident status

Old Sep 13th 2007, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

klinus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: notice of termination of conditional resident status

Can’t comment on the no good deed getting unpunished but…

Once the shelter figured out that my son was back with me on orders of the family court they threw her out, which is lucky for her she has a NOID and a warrant for false accusation of child abuse from the local DA. Maybe she may find the holding area (depending on who get her first) more congenial than the family home.

For those sanctimonious canidae out there who are absolutely positively that this was all about an overbearing husband vs. an innocent woman, not a poor child whose trauma is likely to take three years of therapy to fix, my son is home; his frequency of nightmares are diminishing and he actually stops crying when I am out of his sight, is back on track with speech therapy.

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Yup... no good deed goes unpunished!

Ian
Old Sep 13th 2007, 6:29 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

And now you give the power glazed gloating ...

What a fine man .....
Old Sep 13th 2007, 12:50 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You loved this woman once. You loved her enough to want to bring her to the US and to marry her and start a family with her. Unless you married her only having met her once and had no true knowledge of her personality, behavior and physical and emotional history, it is very sad that you have become so cold and callous in your treatment of her. Rather than helping her assimilate here in the US and helping her to stand on her two feet and remain an active part of the life you two created together, you have placed her in a position where she is now considered a criminal.

It is difficult for me, and I'm sure for others, to believe that she chose the life of a runaway Mom living on charity. As your wife and the mother of your child, she should have been able to seek court ordered child support payments, and with those payments, found housing and schooling for your son.

You deliberately stalled your divorce proceedings so that she became out of status and now must face an immigration judge to plead her case. Fortunately, for her, the immigration judge will allow her to seek adjudication of the I-751 which she can file there and then (at least I believe she can file at that time) for the judge's ruling.

I feverently hope that she is granted approval of the removal of conditions and that the charges of falsifying child abuse charges are either dropped or that the truth emerges.

Above all, it is your son that I wish the best for. That he grows to live a life without fear of his parents and has the opportunity to become an emotionally well, free and whole child.

Originally Posted by klinus
Can’t comment on the no good deed getting unpunished but…

Once the shelter figured out that my son was back with me on orders of the family court they threw her out, which is lucky for her she has a NOID and a warrant for false accusation of child abuse from the local DA. Maybe she may find the holding area (depending on who get her first) more congenial than the family home.

For those sanctimonious canidae out there who are absolutely positively that this was all about an overbearing husband vs. an innocent woman, not a poor child whose trauma is likely to take three years of therapy to fix, my son is home; his frequency of nightmares are diminishing and he actually stops crying when I am out of his sight, is back on track with speech therapy.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 2:20 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
You loved this woman once. You loved her enough to want to bring her to the US and to marry her and start a family with her. Unless you married her only having met her once and had no true knowledge of her personality, behavior and physical and emotional history, it is very sad that you have become so cold and callous in your treatment of her. Rather than helping her assimilate here in the US and helping her to stand on her two feet and remain an active part of the life you two created together, you have placed her in a position where she is now considered a criminal.

It is difficult for me, and I'm sure for others, to believe that she chose the life of a runaway Mom living on charity. As your wife and the mother of your child, she should have been able to seek court ordered child support payments, and with those payments, found housing and schooling for your son.

You deliberately stalled your divorce proceedings so that she became out of status and now must face an immigration judge to plead her case. Fortunately, for her, the immigration judge will allow her to seek adjudication of the I-751 which she can file there and then (at least I believe she can file at that time) for the judge's ruling.

I feverently hope that she is granted approval of the removal of conditions and that the charges of falsifying child abuse charges are either dropped or that the truth emerges.

Above all, it is your son that I wish the best for. That he grows to live a life without fear of his parents and has the opportunity to become an emotionally well, free and whole child.
Hear, Hear!
Old Sep 13th 2007, 5:03 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
That he grows to live a life without fear of his parents and has the opportunity to become an emotionally well, free and whole child.
Sadly, I'm sure the damage has already been done. All the child knows at this point is a weak and emotionally abused mother, and a controlling self-absorbed father who (like the mother) tries to win at all costs. The phrase "toxic parents" come to mind.

Ian
Old Sep 13th 2007, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

The bottom line is the California Family Court system, with its bias against Fathers, particularly when the dispute involves the “tender years” decided the mother’s behavior was so egregious that they handed primary custody to the father, despite Mom’s $450/hr family law attorney’s best attempts. Guess her family’s court declaration that she should not have ANY custody of our son did not help, either. QED.

When my son is in danger, I will protect him with all legal (emphasis here) means, even if the threat is from his mother.
Sadly, I'm sure the damage has already been done. All the child knows at this point is a weak and emotionally abused mother, and a controlling self-absorbed father who (like the mother) tries to win at all costs. The phrase "toxic parents" come to mind.

Ian
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:05 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

When my son is in danger, I will protect him with all legal (emphasis here) means, even if the threat is from his mother.

Yes, you have used the "legal" means to obtain what you desired. And I'm sure that you are well set financially to continue to do so in the future. As I said, I wish the best for your son and hope that your wife is granted removal of conditions so that she can perhaps one day be able to fight, as you have, and win, if not custody, at least visitation with her child before said child is turned against her.

Go in peace.

Rita

P.S. The bottom line is the well-being of your child not the decision of the court, whom you already said is a bias entity, of which you know how to manipulate to your advantage.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 11:00 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Guess her family’s court declaration that she should not have ANY custody of our son did not help, either.
Well, good for you. It seems you got whatever it was you were after. I'll bet you're sitting high on macho mountain, smug and secure in your superiority.

My father, a protective and controlling man... just like you, believed that his altruistic intentions were enough to prove that he was not abusive and that his "love" was self evident - as your seems to be. So... how does your son protect himself from you?

Ian
Old Sep 13th 2007, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

Ian, are you male? you sure?
Well, good for you. It seems you got whatever it was you were after. I'll bet you're sitting high on macho mountain, smug and secure in your superiority.

My father, a protective and controlling man... just like you, believed that his altruistic intentions were enough to prove that he was not abusive and that his "love" was self evident - as your seems to be. So... how does your son protect himself from you?

Ian
Old Sep 13th 2007, 11:42 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Ian, are you male? you sure?
Ian, quick, you better go check under your kilt, just to make sure!
Old Sep 14th 2007, 12:19 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Noorah101

Nah, Sheila has confirmed his "manhood" for us by marrying the multi-national Ian
Old Sep 14th 2007, 12:46 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Well, seeing that he calls himself a pr!ck...