Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Sep 3rd 2014, 4:36 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by jonathon1960
... do anybody know how long before i have the visa in y hand...
Generally, it'll take another 2 weeks or so to get the passport and visa back. It might be quicker, it might be slower - there's no way to know for sure. Once you have your passport back, you'll know exactly how long it took.

Ian
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

serenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bogsdabird
quick update, husbands email arrived this morning, 25 weeks to the day, march 12 interview in london. good luck to everyone still waiting
andrea x
Lovely news xx
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

serenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonathon1960
just received email 3 sept 2014 week 25 from 7 march interview to send in paperwork for issue of visa , do anybody know how long before i have the visa in y hand , i have paid for courier dly

Great news on the email.

Like the wize Ian says - like the application - it takes as long as it takes - but you are at the final hurdle now, that's the important thing
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 11:39 pm
Just Joined

bogsdabird is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nige1512
Hi bogsdabird, congrats on getting email must be a relief for you all : ) can I ask were you waiting in AP or just the normal waiver?
It was the normal waiver of ineligibility
Old Sep 4th 2014, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Nige1512 is an unknown quantity at this point

Going off your wait time I've another 8 weeks : ( At least you got yours now and can look forward to holiday hope you have a nice time : )
Old Sep 4th 2014, 11:42 am
KTG
Forum Regular

KTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond repute

If I was granted a visa and it expired 15th April for example - as long as you leave the US on or before the 15th April are you ok or does the visa have to go way beyond your dates of travel?

Hope I am making sense?
Old Sep 4th 2014, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

taiwanluthiers is a name known to alltaiwanluthiers is a name known to alltaiwanluthiers is a name known to alltaiwanluthiers is a name known to alltaiwanluthiers is a name known to alltaiwanluthiers is a name known to alltaiwanluthiers is a name known to alltaiwanluthiers is a name known to alltaiwanluthiers is a name known to alltaiwanluthiers is a name known to alltaiwanluthiers is a name known to all

For the US, visa is good for seeking entry. Your actual stay will be determined by the CPB agent at the POE. It has no bearing on the expiry date on your visa. You can enter the US on the last day of visa expiry and still be given 90 day stay (for example, tourist visa)

It's the same with immigrant visa... has 6 month validity but once you get in you become permanent resident...

The rule isn't the same for all countries however, for example in the EU visa validity is generally understood as the time you're allowed to stay.
Old Sep 4th 2014, 1:32 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KTG
If I was granted a visa and it expired 15th April for example - as long as you leave the US on or before the 15th April are you ok or does the visa have to go way beyond your dates of travel?
A visa is a travel document only. It usually has no bearing on how long you're allowed to remain in the US. It's entirely possible to enter the US the day before the visa expires and still be allowed to remain in the US for 90 days! You can go online and get a copy of your I-94. It's the I-94 that determines how long you can remain in the US. You must leave the US by the expiry date on the I-94... whether your visa is expired or not.

Ian
Old Sep 4th 2014, 1:34 pm
KTG
Forum Regular

KTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to both if you for your replies - very helpful for working out my timings. I know each situation is different but as a general rule is the first visa usually valid for a year or is six months?
Old Sep 4th 2014, 1:36 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by KTG
I know each situation is different but as a general rule is the first visa usually valid for a year or is six months?
Usually, the first visa is valid for a year - but it could be valid for less than that.

Ian
Old Sep 4th 2014, 1:40 pm
KTG
Forum Regular

Old Sep 5th 2014, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

TranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond repute

I am currently sat in the hell hole which is the US embassy to go through the process for the 4th time. EXACTLY the same process again..... Of course, it takes 6 months to deal with it even though the circumstances are IDENTICAL to the previous 3 times.... Better now you can bring your phone but they really need to start handing the power to the embassy in simple cases like repeat visas.
Old Sep 5th 2014, 9:07 am
KTG
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TranceMaster
I am currently sat in the hell hole which is the US embassy to go through the process for the 4th time. EXACTLY the same process again..... Of course, it takes 6 months to deal with it even though the circumstances are IDENTICAL to the previous 3 times.... Better now you can bring your phone but they really need to start handing the power to the embassy in simple cases like repeat visas.
Hope you get seen soon. What have been the previous durations of your other visa? Hopefully you will get a longer duration this time?
Old Sep 5th 2014, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

TranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond repute

I'm out! Wasn't too bad today. Get there early is my tip!

Previous 6 month single entry and then 2 x 1 year multiple entry.
Old Sep 5th 2014, 9:16 am
KTG
Forum Regular

Good news. There is a chance then I might only get a 6 month one for my first time so I do need to rethink my timings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.