Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Aug 18th 2015, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

McMullen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by lewie
Hi Guys

Just been reading all your posts for the last few weeks I went for a interview at the embassy in London on the 26th of January this year its now 30 weeks later and still nothing I am meant to be going at the start of October and thought at the time of the interview 9 months would be a good time scale.

I have now gone from hopeful to doubtful to given up all hope this trip was a present of my girlfriend for my 30th last year, if I had know it would take this long I would of got my arse into gear sooner but really didn't know.

Holiday is all paid for so fingers crossed I hear something soon

Hope you get to go, had my interview on Jan 26th as well nor I have heard anything back yet. Stay positive!
Old Aug 19th 2015, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Jo3ler is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone. Final update from me as I HAVE my Visa - which looks very posh in my passport!

My timeline:
Interview date in London December 19th 2014
Email asking to send off passport to US Embassy 6th August 2015
Passport received by Embassy 10th August 2015
Passport sent to courier depot for collection 17th August 2015
Collected today as it's miles away from me and only open during work hours!

I got granted a 1 year Visa. Under entries it says "M" which I assume means multiple, can somebody confirm?

Also I have the opportunity to go to the States next September which is the month after my Visa runs out. Can someone explain how I can apply again for a Visa beginning in September 2016, is it just a case of going through the process again? Will I need another interview? Will I need to resupply the same documentation I did before including the Police certificate? Will I need to get another one of these produced to show there are no other offences? Is the process any more simple next time because I have been given a Visa before?

Appreciate your help as always and best of luck to anyone still waiting.

Now onto planning a big US trip!

Jo3ler
Old Aug 19th 2015, 9:33 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jo3ler
Hi everyone. Final update from me as I HAVE my Visa - which looks very posh in my passport!

My timeline:

I got granted a 1 year Visa. Under entries it says "M" which I assume means multiple, can somebody confirm?

Also I have the opportunity to go to the States next September which is the month after my Visa runs out. Can someone explain how I can apply again for a Visa beginning in September 2016, is it just a case of going through the process again? Will I need another interview? Will I need to resupply the same documentation I did before including the Police certificate? Will I need to get another one of these produced to show there are no other offences? Is the process any more simple next time because I have been given a Visa before?

Jo3ler
The answers to your questions are YES to all but the last, which is, I'm afraid NO.
Old Aug 19th 2015, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mikelincs
The answers to your questions are YES to all but the last, which is, I'm afraid NO.
Brilliant thanks Mike.
Old Aug 19th 2015, 9:45 am
Just Joined

WendyWoo52 is an unknown quantity at this point

My timeline:

Jo3ler
You will have to go through everything again, and it will take as long as this time probably! This is my husband's 4th time of applying for a visa since 2006. He has had no more offences since he first applied in 2006. One of his offences was underage drinking - he is now 57 :/ this still shows on his record and counts as a crime of moral turpitude!
Previous 3 occasions his visa came back within 3 months, hence we thought we would be okay to book travel but obviously that didnt work out. Glad you have yours, I would apply again now!
Old Aug 19th 2015, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by WendyWoo52
You will have to go through everything again, and it will take as long as this time probably! This is my husband's 4th time of applying for a visa since 2006. He has had no more offences since he first applied in 2006. One of his offences was underage drinking - he is now 57 :/ this still shows on his record and counts as a crime of moral turpitude!
Previous 3 occasions his visa came back within 3 months, hence we thought we would be okay to book travel but obviously that didnt work out. Glad you have yours, I would apply again now!
Very helpful thanks Wendy!

Best of luck with everything.
Old Aug 19th 2015, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

bubble123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes if you're wanting to travel in September next year I would apply now. We don't know if the waits will get even longer as time goes on.

Glad you have your passport & visa back!
Old Aug 19th 2015, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

downundergirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,
Just picked up my passport from courier depot tonight visa issued for 5 years as I assumed as I paid the issuance fee when sending in my passport to consulate.
My timeline
Interview 5th February 2015
Email received 12th August and sent passport to consulate via express post same day
Passport with 5 year visa now in my hands, just in the nick of time flying out 23 August
What a stressful and irritating 27 weeks and 5 days, which thankfully will not have to go thru until 2020. wishing everyone else the best of luck. will keep updated if I have to go through any further checks once landing in Hawaii
Old Aug 19th 2015, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

bubble123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by downundergirl
Hi Everyone,
Just picked up my passport from courier depot tonight visa issued for 5 years as I assumed as I paid the issuance fee when sending in my passport to consulate.
My timeline
Email received 12th August and sent passport to consulate via express post same day
Passport with 5 year visa now in my hands, just in the nick of time flying out 23 August
What a stressful and irritating 27 weeks and 5 days, which thankfully will not have to go thru until 2020. wishing everyone else the best of luck. will keep updated if I have to go through any further checks once landing in Hawaii
That's great news, so happy you have it back & hope you have an awesome holiday!
Old Aug 19th 2015, 1:31 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Under entries it says "M" which I assume means multiple, can somebody confirm?
Correct.

Can someone explain how I can apply again for a Visa beginning in September 2016, is it just a case of going through the process again?
Yes. Apply at least 8 months prior to your trip.

Will I need another interview?
Yes.

Will I need to resupply the same documentation I did before including the Police certificate?
Yes... and all updated.

Will I need to get another one of these produced to show there are no other offences?
Yes.

Is the process any more simple next time because I have been given a Visa before?
No.

Ian
Old Aug 19th 2015, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Appreciate the clarity thanks Ian
Old Aug 19th 2015, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

theJBs is an unknown quantity at this point

Last week received my holiday visa....

...my timeline is a bit f***ed due to the global system crash and getting my passport back to allow me to fly so im not going to post it in detail because someone will base what happened to me on what will happen to them and i'll ruin their life and spend all the money in their bank account on flights they'll miss once in a lifetime family events, marriages, deaths and births and....it'll all be my fault.....lol

so...anyway...I have the visa !
Old Aug 19th 2015, 6:48 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by theJBs
I have the visa !
Outstanding!

Ian
Old Aug 21st 2015, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

Aussiegirl28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by downundergirl
Hi Everyone,
My timeline

We are at 29 weeks and just don't know now what's going to happen after being asked to submit paperwork again. Its such a frustrating process, I am glad you have yours back and get to leave on the weekend. We still have 10 days but I am losing hope and I hate that feeling. We are also going to Hawaii, well I am anyway with the kids may have to go again in a couple of months with my husband if he cant come this time.

Enjoy your trip and thanks for keeping us updated.
Old Aug 21st 2015, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

downundergirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks don't loose hope I only got mine back with 3 to spare, have you checked what your CEAC status says?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.