Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Oct 16th 2014, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

bogsdabird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

congratulations nige1512 hope you enjoy your travels. Come on reidy8082 i'm rooting for you to make your trip, fingers still crossed
Old Oct 16th 2014, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Reidy8082 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks bogsdabird, I can't think why mine has been delayed, if I get it back today there is a chance, if I get it back sometime next week I will fly out and join them asap
Old Oct 16th 2014, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

bogsdabird is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Reidy8082
Thanks bogsdabird, I can't think why mine has been delayed, if I get it back today there is a chance, if I get it back sometime next week I will fly out and join them asap
My husbands was 25 to the day, and I know that doesn't mean anything but I really want you to get your holiday, you have been so generous with all your replies
Old Oct 16th 2014, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks again bogsdabird, we will wait and see
Old Oct 16th 2014, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Nige1512 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys, whilst it's good to get my email I feel a little bit guilty for the people that are still waiting for theirs so got fingers crossed for you all will let you know when I get passport how long it's for etc.
Old Oct 16th 2014, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

3rdWaiver is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nige1512
23 weeks and 6 days and I've recieved an email asking me to send in my passport for visa issuance... so needless to say am very happy, hope everyone waiting gets there email soon : )
Happy for you Nige. Out of curiosity, did you CEAC status change to AP?
Old Oct 17th 2014, 12:34 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

It would appear my case requires a more lengthy process then the average...
It's possible that the guy who's reviewing your case was on holiday for 2 weeks; or perhaps he's not a quick reader so it takes him longer to review case files; or perhaps a completely different case is taking a greater time to process.

I can't think why mine has been delayed...
That premise is based on the assumption that something in your specific file is causing a delay... and you're compounding the situation by assuming a delay based on other people's timelines - as though there was ever some sort of correlation between their timeline and yours!

Ian
Old Oct 17th 2014, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

I know Ian, you are right, just trying to reason with the impossible
Old Oct 17th 2014, 1:39 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I know Ian, you are right, just trying to reason with the impossible
A futile endeavor if ever I've seen one!

I know you're anxious about this, but really - there's nothing you can do to speed things up... so best to prepare now for a change in your holiday plans.

Ian
Old Oct 17th 2014, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

I have, my family will go and if possible I will join them later. It's disappointing but we all have our health and it is only a holiday, plenty more to follow....

With better and more aware waiver planning next time
Old Oct 18th 2014, 12:12 am
Just Joined

phil157 is an unknown quantity at this point

Right! Now I've just been granted my 1st visa please tell me I don't have to go through that again to get the next one??
Old Oct 18th 2014, 12:34 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by phil157
Right! Now I've just been granted my 1st visa please tell me I don't have to go through that again to get the next one??
Sorry, but you will likely have to undergo the entire process again every time you apply for a visa. Plan accordingly.

Ian
Old Oct 18th 2014, 1:35 am
Just Joined

phil157 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Sorry, but you will likely have to undergo the entire process again every time you apply for a visa. Plan accordingly.

Ian
Does that include interview at the embassy, 6 month wait and everything????
Old Oct 18th 2014, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by phil157
Does that include interview at the embassy, 6 month wait and everything????
Fraid so Phil..... You're one of us now!!
Old Oct 18th 2014, 1:44 am
Just Joined

Andrea67 is an unknown quantity at this point

Husband's visa was finally granted on 25th September - took a total of 25 weeks and 6 days. By the time I sent away the passport it was too late for us to go to Vegas. We were supposed to fly out on 23rd September for our friends' wedding - so we missed it. Gutted! Thankfully we hadn't booked any flights or we would have lost our money. Anyway Visa now granted for one year. Might get to Vegas next year. Hope everyone else waiting hears news soon. Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.