N-400 and speeding tickets

Old Mar 4th 2013, 9:51 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 and speeding tickets

You are misstating the questions, greatly reducing the actual breadth of the situations being asked about.

The actual questions are:
17. Have you ever been charged with any crime or offense?

18. Have you ever been convicted of a crime or offense?

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Welshgator
I was not arrested, charged with a crime or subsequently convicted, so you answer no to Q.17 and Q.18.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

Welshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
You are misstating the questions, greatly reducing the actual breadth of the situations being asked about.

The actual questions are:
17. Have you ever been charged with any crime or offense?

18. Have you ever been convicted of a crime or offense?

Regards, JEff
Actually, I meant to write:

"I was not arrested, charged with a crime or subsequently convicted, so I answered no to Q.17 and Q.18"

I was trying to illustrate why I selected no for 17 and 18, since the OP specifically asked me about those questions. Apologies, should have made that clearer. Need to practise my written English more, especially with a citizenship interview looming...
Old Mar 5th 2013, 11:27 am
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

BTW, Schnorbitz - when did Man United become red dragons? I grew up a fan and they were always the red devils - I suppose that is not politically or morally correct to use any more?
Thanks for the info.

It's not Manchester United, it's Harchester United - the team that the fictional "drama" Dream Team was based on. They screened it on Sky One and the Fox Soccer Channel; it was pretty awful but I loved it! http://www.harchester.net/
Old Mar 5th 2013, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Welshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz
Thanks for the info.

It's not Manchester United, it's Harchester United - the team that the fictional "drama" Dream Team was based on. They screened it on Sky One and the Fox Soccer Channel; it was pretty awful but I loved it! http://www.harchester.net/
I need to get better glasses.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 3:56 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

You continue to misstate the questions. You are leaving out the words "or offense", greatly reducing the scope of what is being asked about. The question asks about a lot more than just crimes.

Regards, JEff

Actually, I meant to write:

"I was not arrested, charged with a crime or subsequently convicted, so I answered no to Q.17 and Q.18"

I was trying to illustrate why I selected no for 17 and 18, since the OP specifically asked me about those questions. Apologies, should have made that clearer. Need to practise my written English more, especially with a citizenship interview looming...