TB Test

Old Mar 5th 2013, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

katiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of light
Default TB Test

Hi Guys-

I did a google search and spent some time hunting around the USCIS website but didn't really find any information specific to our issue.

After testing negative TWICE last year for TB, my husband today tested positive. He's hopefully going to be getting his chest x-ray tomorrow but I was wondering what, if any, impact this will have on him getting citizenship in two years. He gets his conditions removed from his green card next April and we were planning to apply for Citizenship the next April (2015) and I just want to have all my little duckies in a row and be prepared for any surprises.

Hopefully it won't matter, but I'd much rather be safe than sorry.

Thanks!

Katie
Old Mar 5th 2013, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TB Test

To the best of my knowledge there are no medical requirements for naturalization and the N 400 form doesn't ask any questions about medical conditions so I don't see why this would be an issue even if your husband did have TB (which I assume is not actually going to turn out to be the case).
Old Mar 5th 2013, 3:04 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katiekat
I was wondering what, if any, impact this will have on him getting citizenship in two years.
It will have no impact whatsoever. There are no medical requirements for the naturalization process.

Ian
Old Mar 5th 2013, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

katiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks you guys! It's a relief to know that... now we just need to find out if he actually has it or if the nurse today didn't know what she was doing...
Old Mar 5th 2013, 2:10 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

I tested positive for TB during immigration and also when applying for a job.

In both cases I was told that it was marginal and due to my having been vaccinated against it at some time in the past. I can't recall ever having had a shot for it except when I was a kid maybe.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 3:41 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Nor are there any medical requirements for the removal of conditions that's coming up first.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
It will have no impact whatsoever. There are no medical requirements for the naturalization process.

Ian
Old Mar 5th 2013, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
I can't recall ever having had a shot for it except when I was a kid maybe.
You almost certainly had a BCG vaccination as a child - it has been in use in the UK since the early 1950's and I guess that pretty much anyone born in the UK since about 1940 got it.