L1A Renewals

Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

freddie_freeloader is an unknown quantity at this point
Default L1A Renewals

All

I will shortly be applying for a L1A visa, as part of our opening a US branch office of our firm. We are a medium size company and should be able to demonstrate that this is a clear part of our corporate strategy and fits as a key part of our growth strategy. The US business will in effect be a start up aiming to employ a few professional staff in the first year. We will hire one senior US immediatly and then build from there - my guess is maybe a couple more in year one.

The question is this - given this kind of plan what is the chance that i will not be able to renew my L1A. The thought of moving out complete with family only to have it not renewed does not bear thinking about. I have heard that London can issue the 1-year but then now renew. Is this principally because the US operation was only ever a ruse or do they really now renew because they "do not see enough growth"?

We would not be going if the plan was not to grow - and whilst this clearly focuses the mind it is also not a very helpful aspect in terms of achieveing your goals. Many similar venture can take up to 3-years to hit clear profits (we plan to do it sooner as low capital costs) but even so a year is nothing.

I would welcome any thoughts and advice?

Thanks

Dan
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Socal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L1A Renewals

Hi,

Someone has written an article on exactly this topic in the Articles section of this web-site: http://britishexpats.com/articles/usa/l1-visa-renewal/