Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Interview at US embassy- what to expect?

Interview at US embassy- what to expect?

Old May 17th 2015, 8:23 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview at US embassy- what to expect?

Originally Posted by LinzRoss
Hi guys, I have a query, we have our interview on Friday morning for an L1 visa for my spouse, myself and my twins (4), we are applying for L2 visas. We have been advised that we all need to attend.

Does anyone know if I can take an I pad mini in with me, was going to download some bbc I player stuff and games to keep kids busy. Anyone know if this is allowed, as could not see it on the website. Or can I take sticker books and felt pens.

Also am I allowed to take some food with me? Our appointment is at 10am and been told to allow 4 hours, so right over lunch. What sort of food and juice can you get?

Is a small hand bag bag ?

Thanks guys
Lindsay
See here, post #36 et seq. Books and pens have never been an issue. Luckily the people making the rules have never heard that "the pen is mightier than the sword", otherwise that might not have been the case!
Old May 17th 2015, 9:39 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LinzRoss
Does anyone know if I can take an I pad mini in with me, was going to download some bbc I player stuff and games to keep kids busy. Anyone know if this is allowed, as could not see it on the website.
You might want to look at this thread. It's one of the "stickies" on the main page for this forum.

Ian
Old May 17th 2015, 10:19 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You might want to look at this thread. It's one of the "stickies" on the main page for this forum.

Ian
Ian,

I know that you are legendary for always being right, and indeed you have given the "correct" advice again here, ..... one hour and sixteen minutes after very similar advice was provided. Except that the earlier advice linked to the most current info, and cited which posts to look at.
Old May 18th 2015, 12:05 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I know that you are legendary for always being right, and indeed you have given the "correct" advice again here, ..... one hour and sixteen minutes after very similar advice was provided.
Well, if it's good advice, surely it's worth repeating!

Except that the earlier advice linked to the most current info, and cited which posts to look at.
I prefer to let people follow the progress of a thread.

Ian
Old May 18th 2015, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

LinzRoss is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys for the advice Linz
Old May 20th 2015, 8:08 am
Just Joined

DiannaAlexander is an unknown quantity at this point

Officer will ask you questions to determine your reason for traveling to the United States. You should answer these questions truthfully and thoroughly. In most cases, the consular officer will tell you at this time if your visa application is approved. If your visa application is approved, the consular officer will keep your application and passport so that we can issue the visa.
Old May 20th 2015, 1:16 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DiannaAlexander
If your visa application is approved, the consular officer will keep your application and passport so that we can issue the visa.
"... so that we can issue the visa"? Is there something we need to know about you?

Ian