I765 Denied

Old Mar 9th 2008, 3:23 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I765 Denied

Originally Posted by lovatt79
I have a record number for my 485 now so i'll get it filed right away, thanks guys and gals, feel stupid yet a little bit relieved at the same time.
It's OK, all this can get really confusing! Don't forget to send the fee along with your new I-765 form and package.

Rene
Old Mar 9th 2008, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

lovatt79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Should i just refile the form with fee or should i take the advice of visiting a lawyer and apply for infopass also?
Old Mar 9th 2008, 3:59 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Should i just refile the form with fee or should i take the advice of visiting a lawyer and apply for infopass also?
The choice is yours, but eventually I believe you will need to refile a new I-765, and because you are no longer sending the I-765 with the entire AOS package, you will have to pay the fee.

You can double check at an Infopass appointment, just be sure to point out to them why the first I-765 was denied. I'm pretty sure they will ask you to refile a new one, using the correct (c)(9) code.

Rene
Old Mar 10th 2008, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

YOU DO NOT NEED EAD IF GREEN CARD IS GRANTED.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 1:27 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milan79
YOU DO NOT NEED EAD IF GREEN CARD IS GRANTED.

He has been told that. However, he is in California and the wait might be long for the AOS interview and he might need and/or want to work before then.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 3:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
He has been told that. However, he is in California and the wait might be long for the AOS interview and he might need and/or want to work before then.
I do want to work asap, its driving me nuts not working. So do i need to bother with calling a lawyer or doing infopass or should i simply just file the i765 again and pay the fee?
Old Mar 10th 2008, 3:32 am

I do want to work asap, its driving me nuts not working. So do i need to bother with calling a lawyer or doing infopass or should i simply just file the i765 again and pay the fee?
That choice is totally yours. At this point, we know why your I-765 was denied, so I don't think you need a lawyer. Might be beneficial to go for the Infopass appointment and ask for sure, at least it's free, but ultimately you filed the I-765 under the wrong category. No way to fix that now but to file a new one, in my layman's opinion.

Rene
Old Mar 10th 2008, 3:35 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
That choice is totally yours. At this point, we know why your I-765 was denied, so I don't think you need a lawyer. Might be beneficial to go for the Infopass appointment and ask for sure, at least it's free, but ultimately you filed the I-765 under the wrong category. No way to fix that now but to file a new one, in my layman's opinion.

Rene
Thanks, i'll go for the infopass appointment.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:39 am
Just Joined

Booked infopass appointment for this wednesday, i'll keep you all updated, thanks for all the help.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 7:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Booked infopass appointment for this wednesday, i'll keep you all updated, thanks for all the help.
Good luck with everything!
Old Mar 18th 2008, 7:59 am
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

hey, so how did it turn out? Wed. has come and gone....